Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm just hoping that no matter what happens this makes it possible to move on from Zendaya. With Zendaya we got an actress that could be MJ on the red carpet during the premiers...but not in the movie itself. In the movies we got someone that dresses like a hobo with a attitude taken from Daria https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118298/
    Hmm, you can find our more about this issue on this thread. I was even one of Zendaya's defenders but this is definitely becoming an issue to some fans.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...haracter/page5

As I said on that thread beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I do find Zandaya more physically stunning to behold than Kristen Dunst, however Dunst had a sexy appeal that Zandaya does also have in real but her MJ does not in the spiderman movies. the only logical explanation to this, is that a sexy MJ will be too much for a Disney Spiderman film, since their Spiderman movies are meant to be the most kid friendly of all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Taking my time to read many of the reviews in depth and I can not understand disney/sony bizarre paranoia. Apparently word is, Critics are not really allowed to mention that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are in the film. Like, why so much secrecy for what is the most obvious part of the film already.
    You don't have the spoil the movie.

A lot of people don't know this. This isn't a spoiler thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    You don't have the spoil the movie.

A lot of people don't know this. This isn't a spoiler thread.
    I dont think that was a spoiler, at least not genuine officially, since I am like the 100th person here who has already said that on this thread, that it is obvious that Andrew/Tobey are in the film. Everyone has said it multiple times here and on spiderman cbr forums. My point right now is that, the more secrecy about it, is only making things more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Why is it SO DIFFICULT for them to give us a half way decent Green Goblin costume in the movies? I’m not asking for the elf boots and tunic, I just want to see the rubber green mask and purple goblin hat in a Spidey film before I die. If the Ditko/Romita design is too camp for Marvel Studios, go with the Ramos re-design from back in the day. Dafoe’s redesign in No Way Home looks like ass.
    I agree with this, I have never liked any of the Goblin costumes. William Dafoe is one amazing fine actor because he acted his way out of that not so good costume from Spiderman 2002 that still made the Goblin a great villain for Spiderman and New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Do you think the way she is written in the films is her fault? She's a talented actress. If they wanted her to be a Hollywood starlet like the comics Zendaya can act that way.
    No it isn't. The director really liked the character Allison Reynolds from the movie "The Breakfast Club" and told her to act that way. https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...rom-home.html/ If you have ever seen that movie then you know that the character of Allison Reynolds is as far from MJ as you can get.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Hmm, you can find our more about this issue on this thread. I was even one of Zendaya's defenders but this is definitely becoming an issue to some fans.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...haracter/page5

As I said on that thread beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I do find Zandaya more physically stunning to behold than Kristen Dunst, however Dunst had a sexy appeal that Zandaya does also have in real but her MJ does not in the spiderman movies. the only logical explanation to this, is that a sexy MJ will be too much for a Disney Spiderman film, since their Spiderman movies are meant to be the most kid friendly of all.
    If you want the answer on why Zendaya is made to look like a hobo in these films here is your answer https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...rom-home.html/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If you want the answer on why Zendaya is made to look like a hobo in these films here is your answer https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...rom-home.html/

Seriously who gives a crap. These movies are not made for you. But lots of people like them. Live with it or don't watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Seriously who gives a crap. These movies are not made for you. But lots of people like them. Live with it or don't watch them.
    Found the John Hughes fan!

Anyone who thinks Zendaya's character "dresses like a hobo" has never seen a homeless person.

Or is just being insulting to both the character and the homeless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Spiderman has fans, (me included) but fans tend to have a different take on how their beloved character is adapted on film, I think that is the whole point here of the discussion thread. Holland's Spiderman if research is done,( as I have) seems to be the least favoured of all Spiderman because you can honestly make the case he is the least closest Spiderman to the source material.

Also Anthony W is sort of right about MJ (in a way) although I would not go as far as to call her dress style hobo, I think I referred to it on the cbr spiderman forum as ''plain jane''. Which if you are a long term spiderman fan, you know that is not really the case for MJ.

MJ is meant to be a very sexy and very appealing girl. If you want to get rich into Spiderman's lore. Gwen Stacy was more of the plain jane, while MJ was more of the sexy beautiful gorgeous girl.

Like her or not Kristen Dunst was sexy, and you got many comic fan boys drooling over her in that upside down kiss scene in Spiderman 1. Ha, let's not pretend Sam Raimi had no clue that Kristen Dusnt was not wearing a bra in that scene. However I will say that is part of mary jane's character, she has always been a sex symbol in comic lore.

MCU here seem to have missed that mark with MJ for reasons that feels very obvious but maybe understandable, if you have watched other Disney channel show and movies and how teen girls are presented on the show. Usually, Disney teen characters are never sexy, they are cute and wholesome but not sexy. Zandaya MJ is just that as well.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-15-2021 at 04:45 AM.

Lol what are we even talking about ? It’s all preference I guess but I think Zendaya is a lot more sexy then Dunst on her best day. But Zendaya is playing an underage kid here. So I think going out of there way to make her look sexy would have felt gross in this context.also think she dresses way more urban hipster then like a homeless person. Of all the things to be caught up on this feels weird. She’s not even that MJ so why comparison to Dunst anyway. Green Goblin wearing a Power ranger suit is great but a different MJ not dressing like a sexy starlet is a line too far.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

This was so awesome to see at the cinema with a decent sized audience, and I definitely agree that it should hopefully encourage people back to the cinema if they can. The only terrifying moment was that initially the IMAX screen wasn't working properly and turned green and read and was flashing (I was really concerned for anyone who might have epilepsy at that point) and they had to shut the screen off and try again after the first minute of the film. Thankfully they sorted it quickly but the audience was definitely concerned.

Three awesome moments I had in my screening with spoilers....

spoilers:
    a. Andrew Garfield got a HUGE scream of delight from just about everyone when he appeared, even more so than Toby did. I was really pleased that they ensured his Peter was just as important as the others and I was delighted in the final battle that none of them pulled focus - all three got their moment, and there was both genuine delight and sounds of crying when he saved MJ.

b. True thing that happened:

Ned: So, do you have a best friend?
    Toby Spider-Man: Yes, I did.
    Ned: ...did?
    Toby Spider-Man: He died, after he tried to kill me.
    Ned: (Looks stunned)
    Me In The Audience: (With ominous voice) He'ssss gonna turn into Hobgoblin!
    Everyone In the Cinema: (Bursts out laughing)

c. I also accidentally squealed really loudly and yelled "OH MY GOD SHUMA GORATH!" when he turned up in the tease, quickly followed by "Ohhhh it's evil Supreme Strange from What If!"
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Spiderman has fans, (me included) but fans tend to have a different take on how their beloved character is adapted on film, I think that is the whole point here of the discussion thread. Holland's Spiderman if research is done,( as I have) seems to be the least favoured of all Spiderman because you can honestly make the case he is the least closest Spiderman to the source material.

Also Anthony W is sort of right about MJ (in a way) although I would not go as far as to call her dress style hobo, I think I referred to it on the cbr spiderman forum as ''plain jane''. Which if you are a long term spiderman fan, you know that is not really the case for MJ.

MJ is meant to be a very sexy and very appealing girl. If you want to get rich into Spiderman's lore. Gwen Stacy was more of the plain jane, while MJ was more of the sexy beautiful gorgeous girl.

Like her or not Kristen Dunst was sexy, and you got many comic fan boys drooling over her in that upside down kiss scene in Spiderman 1. Ha, let's not pretend Sam Raimi had no clue that Kristen Dusnt was not wearing a bra in that scene. However I will say that is part of mary jane's character, she has always been a sex symbol in comic lore.

MCU here seem to have missed that mark with MJ for reasons that feels very obvious but maybe understandable, if you have watched other Disney channel show and movies and how teen girls are presented on the show. Usually, Disney teen characters are never sexy, they are cute and wholesome but not sexy. Zandaya MJ is just that as well.

I have headache. What are you even talking about. MJ is meant to be whatever they decide they want her to be. In this version she is different. If its successful then its successful, if its not its not. All you do is complain about everything in the MCU 24/7.

We all knew Tobey and Andrew were going to be in this. But it's good to have confirmation that Charlie Cox is in the movie as well even as a cameo. My introduction to Daredevil in the comics were his team ups with Spider-Man so it was delightful to see Matt and Peter together even for just as a minute.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We all knew Tobey and Andrew were going to be in this. But it's good to have confirmation that Charlie Cox is in the movie as well even as a cameo. My introduction to Daredevil in the comics were his team ups with Spider-Man so it was delightful to see Matt and Peter together even for just as a minute.
    Well the official cast is out on Wikipedia of who is in it or not, so we really cannot call anything a spoiler when it comes to who is in the movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider..._Way_Home#Cast

I also already saw the leak picture exposed all over twitter about Cox this morning. I never knew for sure, if he was in it until today. No wonder the nostalgia hype is so high. these movie seem to have pulled out all the stops, at this point the only one the feels missing is Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. However, from most of the reviews and fans feedback, Into the Spiderverse is still be called the much stronger movie of the same concept, so I will be curious to see for myself how much the nostalgia of this film actually elevates No Way Home once you judge it without that.

Well the official cast is out on Wikipedia of who is in it or not, so we really cannot call anything a spoiler when it comes to who is in the movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider..._Way_Home#Cast

I also already saw the leak picture exposed all over twitter about Cox this morning. I never knew for sure, if he was in it until today. No wonder the nostalgia hype is so high. these movie seem to have pulled out all the stops, at this point the only one the feels missing is Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. However, from most of the reviews and fans feedback, Into the Spiderverse is still be called the much stronger movie of the same concept, so I will be curious to see for myself how much the nostalgia of this film actually elevates No Way Home once you judge it without that.
    Hell, half the movie has been leaked onto YouTube already.

A spoiler that really isn't a spoiler if you've seen ANY Spider-Man film, but I find it hilarious that Peter takes off the damn mask during the final battle. AGAIN.

This is actually the first Spider-Man movie since Spider-Man 3 that I've been genuinely excited for and anxious to see. I've had to force myself to go to the others in theaters (and I don't even think I saw Homecoming in theaters), but this one I got tickets opening night.