Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    My theater was relatively quiet at all the moments you'd expect them to react, I wasn't expecting much from Matt Murdock's cameo but there was zilch applause for Maguire and Garfield and hardly anybody clapped at the end.
    Opposite for me. The Theater was packed and people clapped at all of that and some other stuff. Funnily I’m a big enough need to be on here but I never clap or yell at movies. There was a crap ton of kids in my showing and I could heard parents explaining who certain characters were who came back. The kids only knew Holland as Spider-Man

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Hot take:
    I'm happy to see that it will be Spiderman that ends the pandemic, so to speak. Millions upon millions turned out for this movie in theaters across the world. Vax, unvaxed, masked, unmasked, didn't matter. People decided to LIVE AGAIN.

Of course I'm seeing people say it was "super spreader" blah blah blah. Yea well there's been millions of people attending sporting events for the last year, indoor and outdoor. What's your point?

The pandemic is being used for political and monetary purposes at this point. People need to get back out and live and Spiderman may have been the crack in the dam that started it. So way to go Spidey and congrats on the money you made even if I'm not a big fan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Hot take:
    I'm happy to see that it will be Spiderman that ends the pandemic, so to speak. Millions upon millions turned out for this movie in theaters across the world. Vax, unvaxed, masked, unmasked, didn't matter. People decided to LIVE AGAIN.

Of course I'm seeing people say it was "super spreader" blah blah blah. Yea well there's been millions of people attending sporting events for the last year, indoor and outdoor. What's your point?

The pandemic is being used for political and monetary purposes at this point. People need to get back out and live and Spiderman may have been the crack in the dam that started it. So way to go Spidey and congrats on the money you made even if I'm not a big fan.
    I'm glad for everyone involved but I want to wait and see if this weekend can spread the box around with at least the new Matrix and Sing (I'm not so sure on King's Man) before I feel Hollywood is back in full swing again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma
    9. Aunt May dying would normally anger me, but ... I understand. Peter had to lose the one close person that he couldn't just start over from square one again. And since we never saw this Peter lose Uncle Ben, it's kinda fitting we watch him lose Aunt May ��
    I had an inkling someone close to Peter had to die, the whole girlfriend dying was already done so it was a given that Aunt May would kick the bucket.

10. So is Eddie Brock back in the Sonyverse or still in the MCU? Can't imagine that stinger was strictly for the jokes.
    I still don't see why Venom would be interested in Spider-Man to begin with since the first Venom didn't follow the comic origin so Eddie Brock wouldnt have any hatred towards Peter.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Hot take:

I'm not sure you understand how viruses work, but it is nice for people to still live..just hope people did it safely enough.

Edit: Dang it... this is the thing that makes me post on this thread finally??

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I had an inkling someone close to Peter had to die, the whole girlfriend dying was already done so it was a given that Aunt May would kick the bucket.

I still don't see why Venom would be interested in Spider-Man to begin with since the first Venom didn't follow the comic origin so Eddie Brock wouldnt have any hatred towards Peter.
    If you saw the last Venom movie it was explained right before they went to the MCU. He has access to the memories of symbiotes across the multi-verse so he knows of the events of Spider-Man 3 and is why he is interested in Holland's Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    If you saw the last Venom movie it was explained right before they went to the MCU. He has access to the memories of symbiotes across the multi-verse so he knows of the events of Spider-Man 3 and is why he is interested in Holland's Spider-Man
    Yea They all make sense knowing Peter Parker is Spider-Man except Electro. Only mental gymnastics I can find for him is either he’s not from TheMarc Webs films earth but instead one very similar with a few tweaks. Or he did say he was in the grid absorbing data right before he overloaded. Maybe whatever data he absorbed told him Parker was Spidey. Either way it’s never explained in films which could have been an easy fix.

I liked the movie, but of course, it was heavily dependent on all the MCU references and guest stars as well as the crossover with the other Sony Spider-Mans.

However, Spider-Man knocking on Dr. Strange's door for help is very much a Marvel thing. Marvel heroes going to Strange or Reed Richards for help with something happens all the time in the comics, so it was great that all the real world logistics could be worked out to see this realized on the big screen.

I thought that in this movie, Tom Holland had some raw meat to chew on acting wise whereas the first two movies didn't really challenge him or show the audience too much depth to his character. Holland's first Spider-Man movie pretty much remains my least favorite of all 8 Sony Spider-flicks. I can see that they needed to wait for the "With Great Power..." speech because it would have seemed too similar to Tobey's and Andrew's first movies. Ditto with taking longer to have the pivotal death. Andrew's first movie did suffer by retreading the origin while Tobey's first was still in memory.

I avoided spoilers, but I still knew that Doc Ock was coming back based on the snippets of trailers I couldn't avoid. Also, the more that Andrew denied being in the movie, the more I knew he would be. I expected both Toby and him to show up. The Aunt May death was the only true surprise in the film for me. Charlie Cox as Matt Murdoch was also unexpected, but he was just there to handwave away the legal troubles that Peter was expected to be in based on Far From Home's cliffhanger, which then became anticlimactic.

There were some weird parts in No Way Home for me, though. I thought the villains and Spider-Man were a bit too chummy with Peter while they were locked in Dr. Strange's basement. They sort of explained it, but I was sort of not convinced. Those scenes and others before them seemed like filler, and the movie didn't kick in until it was half over.

Holland's movies did well at the box office, but I think they're my least favorite of the 3 versions because they were a little too far removed from classic Spider-Man. Maybe they were truer to the Ultimate version, but I never read that.

As far as Andrew or Toby doing a solo flick again, I would be against it. I'm not a fan of multiple versions running around at the same time. It only creates fractured fanbases. Toby and Andrew can come back as guest stars in future Holland movies, but that's it.

Finally, did anyone else catch the blooper during the bridge scene? After SpM saves the MIT teacher, he reverts back to Peter and goes to her car. At first, his tie is undamaged, then when they cut back to Peter, it properly shows his damaged tie that Doc Ock cut.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 12-27-2021 at 12:50 PM.