Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

It came with the board game "X-Men Alert".
    Back when the X-men felt like family

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was either Uncanny #281 or X-Men #1, I think I got them at the same time.

I first saw them in a Secret Wars issue. But official MY first X-Men comic was UXM 300. Although I believe at the time there was a book kind of like x-men 92 which was an adaptation of the animated series called x-men adventures. I think. And I got that comic the same day too and may have read it first. My first real introduction to the X-Men though came in Cartoon form in Pride of the X-Men when it originally aired on a Sunday morning in 1989.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #298!

Attachment 106504

I picked it up at a newsagency at a shopping centre I was at with my Mum in Tasmania. I had no idea what was going on at the time but I was hooked by all the colorful weirdness! At that point I knew the cartoon existed and I saw ads for X-Men books in other comics I read but I didn't know much outside of that. Been collecting them ever since. Went back and got all the issues that came out before it too, in trades for the most part, but I had to find a lot of floppies that weren't collected in trade, took a good while but I did it. Honestly, it is probably a good thing I moved to the U.S 'cause it would've been much more difficult to find all those issues if I stayed in Australia at that time I think.

I was buying mine from a sex shop in Manc, my mother would have had conniptions if she’d know what sort of place they were coming from. The front of the shop was comics, the back through the curtain was the seedy bit. But it did mean I got a well rounded education in comics, I was buying a lot of indi stuff like Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and Bizarre Sex (mostly for Omaha the Cat Dancer, which was, and still remains, sublime).

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I was buying mine from a sex shop in Manc, my mother would have had conniptions if she’d know what sort of place they were coming from. The front of the shop was comics, the back through the curtain was the seedy bit. But it did mean I got a well rounded education in comics, I was buying a lot of indi stuff like Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and Bizarre Sex (mostly for Omaha the Cat Dancer, which was, and still remains, sublime).
    Ha ha, nice! There were a few places like that back home but I was like, 10 or 11 when I got into comics, I never would've been let into a place like that back then.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Ha ha, nice! There were a few places like that back home but I was like, 10 or 11 when I got into comics, I never would've been let into a place like that back then.
    I don’t think there was a time when I wasn’t into comics, perhaps because I’m an artist.
    I graduated from UK humour and girls comics, such as Sparky, Mandy, Misty and Beezer to Marvel UK, Century 21 and 2000A.D to US and Indi comics.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I wish I knew lol. I used to steal my older brother's comics before I could even read. A couple of the earliest that I can remember would be Uncanny 268 or Alpha Flight 17 though

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_268.jpg

Alpha_Flight_Vol_1_17.jpg
    Make Good Art

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men annual 5.
    My flag is bacon.

It was during Morrison's run. I think it was New X-men 137? It was definitely between 134 and 137.

I first read a friends copy of #108
    108.jpg
    The first issue I bought myself #111
    111.jpg
    Loved that Byrne/Austin art.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I believe it was Uncanny X-Men #133 but I could be mistaken. When I was a kid I had a box or 2 of my dad’s old comics so I might’ve read a different one first but that one sticks out.

It must be this one: giant-size x-men.

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Was that in Norway?

Attachment 106483

Cheers from Kiruna, Sweden!

Probably X-Men Unlimited #1 and Uncanny #201, sometime in '93, for me.
    Yes, it was in Norway! Hello from Norway
    Please Remain Calm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

These two. I picked them both up at the same time from a Waldenbooks (or B. Dalton?) in the mall, strictly because I liked the covers, and they made absolutely no sense to 8 yr old me. I finally found a LCS in my area by the time of the big relaunch, and added Uncanny #281 and X-Men #1 to to my pull list. They made... a little more sense?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    My first New Mutants book was #70 with Gosamyr. Thanks, Louise Simonson.
    LOL! My first New Mutants comic would be Annual #4