Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I remember the Runaways having a problem with Cap, for good reason. Not sure if the New Mutants had a similar run-in.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

If Cap for whatever reason is killed off again or has to leave the Avengers, I would love to see Cyclops lead the Avengers at least once. He would not only deserve to lead the Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but also it would be a huge narrative payoff for him since he faces a lot more discrimination than Steve Rogers and started out a shy teenage boy like Peter Parker. Seeing him in that role just once would be inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Do you have any basis for this or are you just carting out the stereotype that because she's native American she'd have a problem with him?
    I would hope the writer in this hypothetical scenario would a little more creative than making Dani an “Angry Indian”, constantly trying to start arguments and generally just being an overbearing loudmouth. A good writer would realize being proud of your heritage ethnicity etc. can be portrayed intelligently, and a character should be well rounded not defined by just one thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I would hope the writer in this hypothetical scenario would a little more creative than making Dani an “Angry Indian”, constantly trying to start arguments and generally just being an overbearing loudmouth. A good writer would realize being proud of your heritage ethnicity etc. can be portrayed intelligently, and a character should be well rounded not defined by just one thing.
    Dani moonstar told xavier to be quiet as a teen when he told her to remove extra pieces of clothing she added to her costume, if you think her character with her entire publication history would ever colaborate with steve rogers that invaded utopia over totalitarian claims of "world safety" then you need to read about Dani Moonstar.

95 % of the x-men wouldn't spit on an avenger even if they were on fire, the two teams DO NOT vibe.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-02-2021 at 03:57 PM.

LOL, agree to disagree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Dani moonstar told xavier to be quiet as a teen when he told her to remove extra pieces of clothing she added to her costume, if you think her character with her entire publication history would ever colaborate with steve rogers that invaded utopia over totalitarian claims of "world safety" then you need to read about Dani Moonstar.

95 % of the x-men wouldn't spit on an avenger even if they were on fire, the two teams DO NOT vibe.
    Based on your posts I feel confidant that even if I did read every comic that included Dani Moonstar, what you're saying would still not come off as anything more than bad Avengers bashing fanfiction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Cable, Bishop, Jubilee,
    Avenger Jubilee would be interesting.

Stop confusing your own irrational hatred for how the characters actually behave.

Cyclops. When I was a kid, for the longest time Cyclops was the only X-Men action figure I had, so I just stuck him on the Avengers whenever I played with my brother. I guess I just want to see how that'd play out in the comics.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    If Cap for whatever reason is killed off again or has to leave the Avengers, I would love to see Cyclops lead the Avengers at least once. He would not only deserve to lead the Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but also it would be a huge narrative payoff for him since he faces a lot more discrimination than Steve Rogers and started out a shy teenage boy like Peter Parker. Seeing him in that role just once would be inspiring.
    Go no further than House of M. Cap is an old man and out of the game, so it falls to Cyclops to hgather the troops and lead the assault on the House of M. It's written by Bendis, so I'm not gonna say it's good (even though, IMHO, not his worst), but it's more or less what you wanted to see. Plus, beautiful Oliver Coipel art.

Peace

when will x-men independency day arrive, when will they break away from the shackles of the marvel universe mortal coil, Release them from the shared fictional space shared with avengers

#freethex-men#Uncanny X-Exit2022
    Yeah, fox tried that, didn't work out so well overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    I can honestly see why the Xmen fandom has the reputation that it does
    Actually this is pretty tame by comparison.

I swear the day Marvel came up with M-Day and AvX someone must have been doped up their eyeballs in crack or something.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I remember the Runaways having a problem with Cap, for good reason. Not sure if the New Mutants had a similar run-in.
    Didn't they have problems with every adult? I mean they didn't exactly take kindly to the X-men either if i recall.

Nightcrawler is a good fighter and does have good qualities for a field command.