Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    naur just the x-men on their own universe, alone and at peace.
    the only non x-men propriety I think is important/relevant to the x-men is captain brittain lore wich is omniversal in nature.

If the x-men never share another page with avengers/spiderman/fantastic four, nothing is lost.

#UncannyX-Exit2022
    But then how can the mutants bring up Wanda's name without actually resolving the matter and just dragging the character through the mud. I'm not talking about anyone specific but some fans in general hate storylines like IvX, AvX and I admit they are not good to say the least but likes it when their preferred side comes out on top and say that their favorite property is better left alone which doesn't make much sense to me.

If I derailed the topic or came of as rude forgive me.

Definitely Jean Grey Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    I can honestly see why the Xmen fandom has the reputation that it does
    ^^^i actually never knew about that until joining CBR (a site I really enjoy).
    TBF though, nearly every popular comic (and sports and movie and TV and music etc etc...) franchise has fans that take things way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Definitely Jean Grey Phoenix.
    ^^^I'd rather see Rachel Summers as an Avenger. She’s way more fun a character, or can be, when not mired in continuous doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    TBF though, nearly every popular comic (and sports and movie and TV and music etc etc...) franchise has fans that take things way too seriously.

^^^I'd rather see Rachel Summers as an Avenger. She’s way more fun a character, or can be, when not mired in continuous doom and gloom.
    Naw, Jean is much more of a team player and more friendly and outgoing nature. I rather have Rachel in an X-series.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

I know that but it is disturbing how many times I pop over to the Xforums just to see them talking about how a non mutant character should killed or get horribly maimed by an X character.
    Or how many times I see people complaining that characters like the Avengers are racist who don't care about mutants because they aren't in X books helping out, and then see the same people complain even more about how the Avengers should keep out of X books when they do help

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Cable and Havok being Avengers before Cyclops and Jean is weird. They fought and teamed up with the Avengers a lot and were there with them to save Reed's and Susan's wedding.
    "Cable was right!"

Honestly? None. None ever made good Avengers (Beast, as much as I loved him in Avengers, was a good pal for Wonder Man and a good comic relief, never a good Avenger). I don't think any ever will (as much as I like many of them. Cyclops, Havok, Warpath, Polaris, etc...). The thing is, the Avengers really don't (and, IMHO, shouldn't) have time for the social agenda. Their threats are too big, and affect more than any one arm of society/humanity. Iron Man, under Kurt Busiek put it better. The units are to small, the threats too big to worry about representativity. The X-Men have their own worries and agenda. Occasionally they intersect with the Avengers, however, the Avengers need good HEROES, not good MUTANTS (and, before anyone says anything, I'm not saying mutants can't be good heroes. Just that being a mutant or otherwise shouldn't be an issue). You put an X-Men in the team, there will always be a conflict of loyalties (see Wolverine in X-Men vs Avengers. And, yes, that's an AWFUL story). And just look at how many here want X-Men in the Avengers just to "show them up". So, as much as I probably will get flak for this, I vote none.

Peace

In the past, it would have been possible, the X-men were more versatile.

Now… it seems to me useless. The X-men have their own agenda, their problems… well, I regret it. They weren’t that self-conscious, looking inwards before…

I don’t exclude a temporary partnership, though…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I say that Bishop would be good. His narrative and origin kind of puts him in a place where he was a soldier/police of mutants, however he's never been one to circulate around the center of the mutant politics and that tells me his character could easily transition to a team that has larger implications and movements and he still has the relevant experience and skills to be a good hero and teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    I know that but it is disturbing how many times I pop over to the Xforums just to see them talking about how a non mutant character should killed or get horribly maimed by an X character.
    Or how many times I see people complaining that characters like the Avengers are racist who don't care about mutants because they aren't in X books helping out, and then see the same people complain even more about how the Avengers should keep out of X books when they do help
    ^^^I'm usually of the opinion there aren’t very many ppl like you describe, they’re just very vocal (never shut up) and tend to derail and monopolize group discussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Naw, Jean is much more of a team player and more friendly and outgoing nature. I rather have Rachel in an X-series.
    ^^^That’s exactly how I feel, just w. the names reversed! Jean’d be interesting no doubt, but prob. not for reasons I’d enjoy.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 02-25-2021 at 08:01 AM.

^^^I'm usually of the opinion there aren’t very many ppl like you describe, they’re just very vocal (never shut up) and tend to derail and monopolize group discussions.

^^^That’s exactly how I feel, just w. the names reversed! Jean’d be interesting no doubt, but prob. not for reasons I’d enjoy.
    lol, fair enough. Either one would be an asset and could lead if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Love to see them become a part of Spider-Man's world, along with Betsy and Brian Braddock...
    that would be a great team-up to have on a recurring basis. oh well.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Magik, the Avengers could use some more badasses
    Dani Moonstar, part-time Valkyrie could be useful when Jane or others aren’t available
    Wolverine (Laura)
    These three I'd be ok with

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I've always believed that Kate would've been a great teammate. Hopefully someday, Tony will have a change of heart...

Joining the Avengers proved rather beneficial for Rogue. And I believe the same could happen for Rachel, as well...

Great idea! I would love another time-traveler among the ranks of Earth's Mightiest Heroes:

How I've never seen the Shadowcat/Iron Man thing before I'll never know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    But then how can the mutants bring up Wanda's name without actually resolving the matter and just dragging the character through the mud. I'm not talking about anyone specific but some fans in general hate storylines like IvX, AvX and I admit they are not good to say the least but likes it when their preferred side comes out on top and say that their favorite property is better left alone which doesn't make much sense to me.
    Then everyone's at peace, my basis to why i want the x-men in their own seperate universe is based ON those particular events.