Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    lol, fair enough. Either one would be an asset and could lead if necessary.
    ^^^I’d love to see Rachel/be intrigued to see Jean as leader!

Thankfully, The X-Men in their own separate ‘verse is never going to happen.

It isn’t how Marvel is geared, to say nothing of mutants imminent MCU inclusion. Mutants are going to stay exactly where they belong, in the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    What is that from?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I would LOVE to see Cyclops lead a team of Avengers. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind seeing Warpath work with the Big 3.

Astonishing Member

I feel many B team X-men and Mutants. They get over looked by the Big names, but since this would be a new enviroment it would be a new chance. But until the X community learns to play nice with the rest, Marvel needs to keep them apart.

Cyclops has good leadership qualities values structure something the Avengers is traditionally about....That said Im not big on X-Men becoming Avengers like that Brand Dilution is a thing and I think the franchises sometimes bleed into each other a bit to much especially considering the Avengers playground is essentially all of or hypothetically could be all of Marvel one reason they will never feel as special as the X-Men to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    What is that from?
    I think the A+X book they had which featured a bunch of X-Men/Avengers team-ups?

There's a handful I'd like to see, some of whom have already been part of some form of the team in some capacity, but ultimately I'm going to go with Warpath (who's made it on a few "Dream Avengers Team" posts I've done in that thread). Here's why:

1. Looking over the Avengers membership, they've been pretty lax as far as having Native American members go (I think only Echo has served on the main team, while one Red Wolf was an associate and the other was on the Occupy team).

2. As someone who never liked the idea of Wolverine as an Avenger, this gives you a Wolverine-like character without putting actual overused character in...brawler/fighter/tough guy with down-to-earth powers.

3. While Warpath has had a long career in comics, from the character's POV he's still living in the shadow of Thunderbird. Him becoming an Avenger would be a way of stepping out of that shadow and forging his own path forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the A+X book they had which featured a bunch of X-Men/Avengers team-ups?
    Ah, yes! That makes sense! Thanks! I think I have those books, might have to read all that again sometime.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    There's a handful I'd like to see, some of whom have already been part of some form of the team in some capacity, but ultimately I'm going to go with Warpath (who's made it on a few "Dream Avengers Team" posts I've done in that thread). Here's why:

1. Looking over the Avengers membership, they've been pretty lax as far as having Native American members go (I think only Echo has served on the main team, while one Red Wolf was an associate and the other was on the Occupy team).

2. As someone who never liked the idea of Wolverine as an Avenger, this gives you a Wolverine-like character without putting actual overused character in...brawler/fighter/tough guy with down-to-earth powers.

3. While Warpath has had a long career in comics, from the character's POV he's still living in the shadow of Thunderbird. Him becoming an Avenger would be a way of stepping out of that shadow and forging his own path forward.
    Yes! I agree with all three points!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I would LOVE to see Cyclops lead a team of Avengers. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind seeing Warpath work with the Big 3.
    There is enough teams on X-men for Cyclops to lead.

I think Ororo, jean and nightcrawler are perfect for Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, yes! That makes sense! Thanks! I think I have those books, might have to read all that again sometime.
    Correct! Issue #2, to be exact (a personal favorite, I might add ):

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Banshee, Kitty Pryde, Jean Grey, Rogue did good while she was an Avenger, Storm should come back, Dr Nemesis already was on an avengers team during Empyre. Forge would be fun to see him interact with Reed and Tony, there are a lot of X-characters who would be a good addition to the team

I actually would like to see a more nuanced new Uncanny Avengers team, where there are places for discussion but also for team up.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-25-2021 at 08:50 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Storm and Banshee.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

When I consider all of the characters that were Avengers who I highly dislike, it's really a low bar. Any one of the X-men could be an an Avenger and contribute in a major way. Hell, even some X-men villains could join the Avengers and be an upgrade over some of the past Avenger rosters.

Cable, Bishop, Jubilee,