Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which X-Men would make a good Avenger?

Once Hickman's run on X-Men and Aaron's run on Avengers are finished, would you like to see any X-Men join the main Avengers roster?

Personally, I know there are a few X-Men who are already members (Beast, Wolverine, Sunspot, etc.), but I was more wondering about mutants who were not already on the team. Personally, I think Nightcrawler could be a good member if the book takes a more lighthearted/adventure tone. While it probably wouldn't happen, I also think adding Cyclops as another leader type could make for some interesting dynamics.

During the Remender run on Uncanny Avengers, Archangel joining would have been AWESOME!

Extraordinary Member

I think all the original X-Men (apart from Beast, of course, who was already there) would make good Avengers. If they got to feel that the X-Men aren't really superheroes any more then they might follow the lead of Wanda and Pietro and sign up for the more old-fashioned hero team.

Of course Iceman and Angel have already been on similar teams (Champions, Defenders) so I'd most like to see Cyclops cross the aisle. He's so associated with the strategic and training side of the X-Men that it would be interesting to see how he'd fare on the Avengers. Would he accept their way of doing things or try to shake them up? Would he be willing to take orders, or would he be like Hawkeye used to be and try to challenge the team leader when he thinks they're wrong? Uncanny Avengers never really tried to show how the X-Men way of doing things is different from or similar to the Avengers way of doing things, but it's not too late.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

I always Felt either Jean Grey or Nightcrawler would make the best Avengers cause of their Good Personalities with others, great ability to work with others, have classic heroism to the characters and have great abilities in working with teams!

They are also both of my favorites I like to see on an Avengers team with Wanda!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I definitely agree with you CJStriker regarding Nightcrawler, so-so on Jean though.

Nightcrawler would actually be a character that fit, in terms of personality and potential team dynamics and wasn’t just added to boost sales.

I always thought X-23 would do well with them.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Iceman
    Monet
    "Cable was right!"

Northstar. 'Nuff said.

Iceman

Forge could drive Iron man nuts so that could be fun

Kitty Pryde

Dazzler and Jan would get along

Banshee
    Nightcrawler
    Storm deserves a longer shot
    Warpath
    Doctor Nemesis
    Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Northstar. 'Nuff said.
    Hell yes, he was always cooler than Quicksilver anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Forge could drive Iron man nuts so that could be fun
    Oh I would LOVE to see that!!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Hell yes, he was always cooler than Quicksilver anyway!

Oh I would LOVE to see that!!
    Cant you just see it.

Forge can i just see that armor
    Tony:NO!
    Forge I just want to adjust the
    Tony: I said NO

plus I am here for Northstar too. Have not read him in a long time.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

That would be a downgrade for most of the X-Men. Y'all can have Beast, Wolverine, Adam X, and Glob.

Iceman and Colossus

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Nightcrawler is welcome anywhere he wants to show up. I've also thought Jean would make an excellent Avenger especially with her Phoenix level powers. However the two I've always thought would be best used/served are Polaris and Rachel.