Default Mutants in DC universe

I don't know if I should post this here or on the DC board but here it goes. Let's say Krakoa and Arakko with all their inhabitants have suddenly appeared in DC earth. X-gene is also discovered within a good portion of DC populace and the avarage joe started developing powers. How would the nations and the avarage citizens react to this? What would be the superhero communitys stance on mutants?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Really do not care about DC, like at all.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't know if I should post this here or on the DC board but here it goes. Let's say Krakoa and Arakko with all their inhabitants have suddenly appeared in DC earth. X-gene is also discovered within a good portion of DC populace and the avarage joe started developing powers. How would the nations and the avarage citizens react to this? What would be the superhero communitys stance on mutants?
    Are you familiar with the Metagene?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I actually think that DC's handling of the metagene issue has been better than Marvel's handling of the mutant issue.+

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    It's the x-gene equivalent in DC but I dont think it is as common as x-gene.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I enjoyed the way it was handled in the Young Justice: Outsiders animated series. Basically an X-gene by any other name...

I always found it amusing that mutants do exist in the DC Universe and have been referred as such: Jericho of the New Teen Titans for example was referred to as a mutant in his first appearances. Even Image Comics' CyberForce were originally mutants and defined as such in the comics.

I wonder if Marvel has since tightened the screws on the word "mutant" so to speak or if the other publishers have simply ceased to use the term on their own.

DC universe treats everyone with powers the same whether Magic, Science, Tech, or Alien. The metagene is equivalent of the X-gene but all people with powers are called metahumans. This is one of the areas where DC is better than Marvel, If the DC universe turns on supers it is everyone getting bad treatment.

So to answer the question, Most of the people go on to live healthy and happy lives as there isn't a mass population of people who will sick killer robots on them. Many of the X-men go on to become members of the Justice League. Storm becomes one of the Big 7 for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Really do not care about DC, like at all.
    ^^^Really do not care about Krakoa.

That said, DC doesn’t have the anti mutant paranoia needed for The Quiet Council to exploit and then brainwash a large number of metas they way they have Marvel’s mutant population. They wouldn’t get too far before getting beaten down by the JLA or even just Superman.