Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man 60

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Oh i can see the movie being such a joke that Mysterio is going to lose his mind with rage and MJ will be smack in the middle of his anger. actually...that works well with the torture that Kindred has been putting on Peter. Kindred says the people around him suffer because he is Spider-Man and MJ not telling him she's working with Mysterio on this movie will backfire on Peter because him being Spider-Man enabled MJ to assume she couldn't tell him and therefore its still his fault she suffers whatever happens at the hands of Mysterio.
    I think something's going to happen that will expose Mysterio, or he exposes himself because he wants to take credit for it and turn it into a Mysterio villain plot (because that's what he always does) that Peter will have to deal with.

MJ will be lucky if Peter is the only person she has to explain herself to if it comes out she knew he was the director the entire time and didn't do anything about it. I mean, to a certain extent she's basically been his accomplice or partner-in-crime.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Man, that was a wild final page.
    Even in my wildest dreams I wouldn’t expect that.
    Perhaps things are finally coming to a head.
    Hate to be Peter at this moment. *gulp*
    Is he going to get back with MJ? What do you guys think?
    So looking forward to whatever Spencer has planned next!
    Totally didn’t see that twist coming...
    Oh man, you marriage fans are in for a treat!
    Peter and Mary Jane already got back together in Spencer's very first issue.
    They haven't broken up during Spencer's run.
    They are just not married to each other again.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    There are many problems in what you say. Not the least of which there is no longer the need for a teenaged Spider-Man named Peter Parker, when you already have Miles. I would also say Peter has not been honest such as lying to Gwen, MJ and Aunt May down through the years, so it is not just MJ being dishonest. As far as MJ is concerned, people love to bring up Mysterio but let’s be honest, please tell me the perfect relationship in fiction? There are always going to be ups and downs ( especially in Spider-Man ( starting with Amazing Fantasy 15)). If someone wants Peter to be Spider-Man 24/7 and have no secret identity, and hang out in Avengers Mansion and shack up with Mockingbird in a “Friends With Benefits” relationship when not fighting crime, I can understand that perspective ( although I do not agree with it). I am a hard core MJ fan, and I do not hide my opinion which is to quote Jarvis from Spencer’s run “Irreplaceable” that is exactly what MJ is. What I do not like are those who do not like MJ and use Mysterio as a way to nit pick at her flaws. I have been against those who look for stupid stuff to bash Gwen and Felicia as well, so I am consistent in this belief.
    I agree with all except
    irreplaceable

it was indispensable
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Thanks for that.

I'm not saying this is what I want this is what it is. The status quo will always win out, most changes in ongoing superhero fiction are what Stan referred to as "the illusion of change" and any legitimate change will never. It's not because of Marvel and various creators and editors it's also the fans too. The ones who cry the most that nothing ever changes and they endlessly whine and moan when real change happens. Miles has really changed nothing, the character has been in publication since 2012 and throughout most of that time Peter Parker has been single, broke, working at the Bugle and an quasi-outcast superhero. Miles coming into the 616 was used as a reason to give Peter and an entirely new status quo with Parker Industries and it got constant derision.

As for the Mary Jane stuff I've been uneasy about her knowing about the Mephisto deal but I accept that might be a good way to justify why she's never reconciled with Peter in the post-OMD continuity but if it turns out someone is messing with Peter's actual soul and she isn't telling him that's a pretty shocking thing to keep from someone you're supposed to love. Unless there's a good reason for this it's almost as dubious a creative decision as the Mephisto deal itself.
    Mary Jane did reconcile with Peter in the post-OMD continuity.
    They got back together in Spencer's very first issue.

Incredible Member

One reason MJ never reconciled with Peter is Dan Slott said “I have no use for her.” As far as Miles is concerned, remember he really did not take off until the movie came out ( which interestingly enough had the best portrayal of a Parker love interest in Zoe Kravitz’s MJ). Now Miles is an established character and he can be the teenaged Spider-Man and can have his own girl and school issues while Peter gets his PhD and settles down with MJ.
    Slott is the perfect company man. If Marvel told him to write Peter and MJ as a couple he'd happily do it. He wrote a perfectly fine Peter and MJ as a couple and married no less in Renew Your Vows.

Miles sells less now than he did when he debuted of course comics sell less now than they did in 2012. Still Miles hasn't really captured comic readers since he took up residence in the 616 and the success of his movie hasn't changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Peter and Mary Jane already got back together in Spencer's very first issue.
    They haven't broken up during Spencer's run.
    They are just not married to each other again.
    Good point but they were still portrayed as a couple that shouldn't be with the spectre of the Kindred hanging over them.
    Last edited by Orbus; 02-25-2021 at 06:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

Could it be?

I always said it would take something monumental to get me to restart buying Spider-Man after OMD...Bagley first and now this?
    Could Spencer really undo the whole thing?

God I hope so

Seems like it's going there. Cautiously on the hype train!

All-New Member

Default Asm 60

After a bit, I think I can say that I am not a fan of this run of spider-man. It's not as bad as the end of the Slott era, but I just think it's too mediocre. It just feels like a consistent tease with zero payoffs. The monologue was kind of boring honestly, and the end reveal feels like fanservice. The art also feels mediocre. I love Mark Bagley, but he seems to have peaked with Ultimate Spider-Man and Life Story. I want new art with Spider-man, like Gleason, or maybe others. Bagley has just been off for me. Not saying it's bad, but I just feel like this run has been dragging along.

Astonishing Member

No one would be happier than me if OMD is finally undone and the Spider-Marriage restored. Still, the events of this issue worry me deeply.

1º) First of all, Mephisto said he never heard about Kindred. One could think Mephisto was actually lying as he's the Devil, but maybe not this time. Maybe Kindred in not really a demon, but something else.

2º) Doctor Strange talking about something being wrong with Peter Parker's soul. Now THAT is something that really worries me. Any old fan of Spidey could think that Peter Parker has reached the top about all the crap he could handle after so much torture by his enemies as Spider-Man. Or maybe it something worst. Either way, let's pray for someone helping Peter here.

3º) I'm quite disappointed with Peter here. When he said Norman that he was done with the Osborns, I really hoped he was serious. I mean, come on! After all he has passed through because of those maniacs, I think it was time for him to say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". Yet, he said it was a lie here. I know Peter would always be worried by Liz Allan and Normie, but I really hoped Peter will finally put an end to the things he will allow from the Osborn's legacy.

4º) The scene between Mary Jane and Mysterio... Another thing to get worried. The way Mary Jane said he would tell Peter "soon" about Mysterio... Who else wanna bet that meant more trouble? I know MJ has good intentions, but after seeing how sick Peter reacted after facing Kindred; I believe discovering his girlfriend being working with one of his oldest enemies could become "the last drop" in another future crisis.

In short, Spider-Man's issues can't come sooner enough to calm my nerves.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she really is taking way, way, too long to tell him. And I foresee the premier happening in New York to end up being a disaster.
    Yeah, she is taking longer than I'd like to tell Peter, could be the excuse to break them up again. As for the premier, I'd be more shocked if it wasn't a disaster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No one would be happier than me if OMD is finally undone and the Spider-Marriage restored. Still, the events of this issue worry me deeply.

1º) First of all, Mephisto said he never heard about Kindred. One could think Mephisto was actually lying as he's the Devil, but maybe not this time. Maybe Kindred in not really a demon, but something else.

2º) Doctor Strange talking about something being wrong with Peter Parker's soul. Now THAT is something that really worries me. Any old fan of Spidey could think that Peter Parker has reached the top about all the crap he could handle after so much torture by his enemies as Spider-Man. Or maybe it something worst. Either way, let's pray for someone helping Peter here.

3º) I'm quite disappointed with Peter here. When he said Norman that he was done with the Osborns, I really hoped he was serious. I mean, come on! After all he has passed through because of those maniacs, I think it was time for him to say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". Yet, he said it was a lie here. I know Peter would always be worried by Liz Allan and Normie, but I really hoped Peter will finally put an end to the things he will allow from the Osborn's legacy.

4º) The scene between Mary Jane and Mysterio... Another thing to get worried. The way Mary Jane said he would tell Peter "soon" about Mysterio... Who else wanna bet that meant more trouble? I know MJ has good intentions, but after seeing how sick Peter reacted after facing Kindred; I believe discovering his girlfriend being working with one of his oldest enemies could become "the last drop" in another future crisis.

In short, Spider-Man's issues can't come sooner enough to calm my nerves.
    Here is my question? If Peter’s soul is trapped in Hell, what about MJ’s? She knows more then he does.My gut tells me she will have to sacrifice for him like Peter did for Aunt May. Of course, she will not suffer for 14 years like Peter had for OMD.

Astonishing Member

Here is my question? If Peter’s soul is trapped in Hell, what about MJ’s? She knows more then he does.My gut tells me she will have to sacrifice for him like Peter did for Aunt May. Of course, she will not suffer for 14 years like Peter had for OMD.
    I... Don't think that the case. Do you remember the collection Spider-Man/Deadpool? Thinking Peter Parker was a corrupted enterpriser (and not knowing he was Spidey), Deadpool killed Peter hoping his soul would rot in Hell... But he didn't go to Hell! (Although Mephisto was there to torment him). Thinking Hell made a mistake, Deadpool resurrected Peter only to kill him again, and the result was the same. (I swear, I wanted to tear Deadpool apart then). So, I don't think Peter's or MJ's soul are trapped in Hell, but something... Different.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I... Don't think that the case. Do you remember the collection Spider-Man/Deadpool? Thinking Peter Parker was a corrupted enterpriser (and not knowing he was Spidey), Deadpool killed Peter hoping his soul would rot in Hell... But he didn't go to Hell! (Although Mephisto was there to torment him). Thinking Hell made a mistake, Deadpool resurrected Peter only to kill him again, and the result was the same. (I swear, I wanted to tear Deadpool apart then). So, I don't think Peter's or MJ's soul are trapped in Hell, but something... Different.
    You are correct about Deadpool. I am so sick of Peter getting killed ( it happens so often it becomes meaningless ( including happening in the last three Amazing writers ( JMS ( The Other), Slott ( Superior), and now Spencer in Last Remains). That thought aside, What do you think it is then?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

For the record, if I recall what happened in One More Day correctly, Mephisto himself said that the deal exchanging Peter and Mary Jane's marriage for Aunt May's life wouldn't take their souls, per se, but that a small piece of their souls would always remember what they once had and suffer forever from that loss, from that void where their love used to be. I'm guessing now that wasn't just metaphorical, that he really did have a piece of their souls captive to him and locked in constant torment from the memory of what they'd given up to save Aunt May.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

You are correct about Deadpool. I am so sick of Peter getting killed ( it happens so often it becomes meaningless ( including happening in the last three Amazing writers ( JMS ( The Other), Slott ( Superior), and now Spencer in Last Remains). That thought aside, What do you think it is then?
    I don't have the slightest idea. The whole thing about Kindred has turned so confusing and senseless, I don't know what to think. Until they give us some clear answers to this whole mess, I'm not sure about anything.