Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man 60

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah, she is taking longer than I'd like to tell Peter, could be the excuse to break them up again. As for the premier, I'd be more shocked if it wasn't a disaster.
    I strongly doubt that Peter and Mary Jane will be broken up.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Especially over something as little as making a movie. They ain't having an affair and if somehow that is the excuse for then to break up. Then something is wrong considering Peter been teaming up with Felicia and that's no issue.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Especially over something as little as making a movie. They ain't having an affair and if somehow that is the excuse for then to break up. Then something is wrong considering Peter been teaming up with Felicia and that's no issue.
    Well, it's not so much making the movie as much as how long MJ's been hiding the Mysterio part of it.

If she had told him earlier about it it might not have been a big deal, but the longer they delay, the worse the fallout seems like it's going to be.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Hope you're right, just preparing myself for a possibility of it. But hopefully you're right and they'll still be together

As Frontier has already said, it's not so much as making the movie it's the fact she hasn't mentioned it yet. Sure they probably would've already had an argument about it but it would've been better to have it earlier than later. Longer you keep secrets when you're in a relationship the worst the reaction will be when it comes out, affair or not.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Hope you're right, just preparing myself for a possibility of it. But hopefully you're right and they'll still be together

As Frontier has already said, it's not so much as making the movie it's the fact she hasn't mentioned it yet. Sure they probably would've already had an argument about it but it would've been better to have it earlier than later. Longer you keep secrets when you're in a relationship the worst the reaction will be when it comes out, affair or not.

Peter could chastise Mary Jane a bit about putting her life in danger and that she shouldn't trust bad guys like Mysterio.
    He could be like the Peter that dealt with Mary Jane wearing the symbiote in Renew Your Vow comic series.

I think that it depends on how Mary Jane deals with Peter's reaction.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Peter could chastise Mary Jane a bit about putting her life in danger and that she shouldn't trust bad guys like Mysterio.
    He could be like the Peter that dealt with Mary Jane wearing the symbiote in Renew Your Vow comic series.

I think it might end up being especially tense if Mysterio ends up going full Mysterio at the premier.

And that's setting aside whether it comes out to the public that MJ knew about it the whole time.

Mephisto might not know who or what Kindred is, but he still remembers the deal.

It's strange that Marketing is quite silent about everything. Are they not allowed to reference OMD?

Incredible Member

I had a thought earlier where i questioned whether Mephisto really changed the timeline or not but then i remembered that OMIT happened and that really just messes everything up.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Also probably depends on how/when Peter finds out and how MJ frames it when it comes up.

Incredible Member

It's not just the movie though. It seems she knows more about the Mephisto deal and what is going on with Peter's soul unless I'm completely misinterpreting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    It's not just the movie though. It seems she knows more about the Mephisto deal and what is going on with Peter's soul unless I'm completely misinterpreting things.
    I think that's a vaguer and more ambiguous issue than the Mysterio thing...which the longer she delays, the more the god of plot decrees it will blow up in her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's a vaguer and more ambiguous issue than the Mysterio thing...which the longer she delays, the more the god of plot decrees it will blow up in her face.
    Haha that's a good way of putting it- the god of plot decrees!

Really feels more like it's something that will damage her career more than damage her relationship with Peter. I mean, Peter forgave her for working with Norman Osborn just a few issues ago.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Also probably depends on how/when Peter finds out and how MJ frames it when it comes up.
    That's part of the reason why I think this COULD end up breaking up Peter/MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ''God of Plot'' I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Really feels more like it's something that will damage her career more than damage her relationship with Peter. I mean, Peter forgave her for working with Norman Osborn just a few issues ago.
    It could damage both but hopefully it'd be her career rather than the relationship that gets damaged.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It will just be her career. Peter and Mary Jane will still be together.

I think some people think too negative and get all pessimistic about them as a couple due to One More Day PTSD.
    Spencer likes Peter and Mary Jane as a couple. He's not the previous writer.

Things will get challenging for Peter and Mary Jane, but that doesn't mean that they will be broken up.
    Challenges don't necessarily break couples up. If they do, then that couple is not strong to begin with.

I have faith that Peter and Mary Jane's relationship will survive.