Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man 60

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Spider-Man 60

Issue came out today! I managed to read it quite early and it’s a doozy. Looking forward to talking about it with you all.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Looking forward to the thread

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Issue came out today! I managed to read it quite early and it’s a doozy. Looking forward to talking about it with you all.
    Man, that was a wild final page.
    Even in my wildest dreams I wouldn’t expect that.
    Perhaps things are finally coming to a head.
    Hate to be Peter at this moment. *gulp*
    Is he going to get back with MJ? What do you guys think?
    So looking forward to whatever Spencer has planned next!
    Totally didn’t see that twist coming...
    Oh man, you marriage fans are in for a treat!

Trying to break the cycle good luck. Cause we all know nostalgia is king. As for the last page that's just going to be the hot topic for today
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Man, that was a wild final page.
    Even in my wildest dreams I wouldn’t expect that.
    Perhaps things are finally coming to a head.
    Hate to be Peter at this moment. *gulp*
    Is he going to get back with MJ? What do you guys think?
    So looking forward to whatever Spencer has planned next!
    Totally didn’t see that twist coming...
    Oh man, you marriage fans are in for a treat!
    Yeah.

This issue feels like a relief in that Spencer is really moving things along. I think the big character scene between Peter and MJ could have worked better but the monologue which Peter gives really does feel have a realistic texture in that it's the moment where a guy gives out his issues and it's wrapped under his own Personal BS...and Spencer of course connects that with the Actual Story BS on the character editorially.

So can we talk about the issue now?

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So can we talk about the issue now?
    I know it’s still early on the West Coast, but I’m shocked that this issue doesn’t already have more conversation given the final page alone.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I know it’s still early on the West Coast, but I’m shocked that this issue doesn’t already have more conversation given the final page alone.
    probably due to the effects of last remain

Wow... Somethings actually happening!! This issues got my anticipation way up.

Maybe this run will read great in trade but there's been so much teasing it's gotten a bit monotonous. Count me in!

Incredible Member

As good as that final page reveal was, I have zero hope of anything coming from it. In fact, I can see Marvel pull a swerve and have Strange just say “as bad as what was done to Peter, it was in his best interest” and boom... nothing changes anyhow.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah.

This issue feels like a relief in that Spencer is really moving things along. I think the big character scene between Peter and MJ could have worked better but the monologue which Peter gives really does feel have a realistic texture in that it's the moment where a guy gives out his issues and it's wrapped under his own Personal BS...and Spencer of course connects that with the Actual Story BS on the character editorially.
    I just got the done doing a speed reading on my break at work and I agree, I love that it feels like things are starting to move forward and everything is coming together. I love how Peter worked through his the issues that he has been having; along with how Spencer used this as a way of calling out the editorially mandated BS that Peter and the creative teams have had to deal with for the past 10+ years.

My only concern is that similar to what was said between two characters in the story that while I believe that Spencer has some very good intentions with this story and the entire arc that he's been telling. Is the huge question of will Marvel allow him to tell this story and not screw him, Peter, Mary Jane and the fans over at the last minute.

I as a long time fan of Spider-Man am willing to trust Nick Spencer and the story that he is telling; however I have very little faith that those in charge at Marvel will allow him to complete this story as it is planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Totally agree. Finally some development in the story.

I appreciate Peter's monologue and felt excited about the ending with Dr Strange.

Good issue, and that's how you do a cliffhanger.

There are SO many things that made really happy in this issue !
    -MJ support and Love for Peter, and how she made him stop hurting so much (at least for now)
    -Spencer referencing to the (sadly now-cancelled) MJ run, with the appearance of Mysterio here
    -The obvious OMD reference

Man, kudos to Spencer for juggling so many plot points at the same time, and making me excited for more !
    And Bagley's art in here is pure GOLD !

Wasn't big fan of Last Remains but this is some quality writing right here. Love how Spencer handles Mary Jane and how supportive she is, if Spencer gets these two to marry again- I will be more than satisfied.