Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man 60

It's good to know I still hate One More Day with the passion of a million burning suns even after all these years.

I'll get to it later, but all I can say about the monologue.....beautiful. Just beautiful. And the embrace. So emotional. Made me remember why I'm a Spider-Man fan. And the last page wasn't too bad either. Will Spencer will go there? Oh boy, part of me thinks the rug is going to be pulled from under us. Part of me hopes not.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Good issue, and that's how you do a cliffhanger.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    As good as that final page reveal was, I have zero hope of anything coming from it. In fact, I can see Marvel pull a swerve and have Strange just say “as bad as what was done to Peter, it was in his best interest” and boom... nothing changes anyhow.
    That is a concern I have and is why I'm not going to get my hopes up that much but it was a cool reveal to leave us on a cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    There are SO many things that made really happy in this issue !
    -MJ support and Love for Peter, and how she made him stop hurting so much (at least for now)
    -Spencer referencing to the (sadly now-cancelled) MJ run, with the appearance of Mysterio here
    -The obvious OMD reference

Man, kudos to Spencer for juggling so many plot points at the same time, and making me excited for more !
    And Bagley's art in here is pure GOLD !
    Yeah, Bagley is one of my favourite artists right now, it never seems to be ''off''. And I'm enjoying Spencer's work so far on ASM so, yeah, overall a very good issue for me particularly with MJ's supportive bit at the theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    Wasn't big fan of Last Remains but this is some quality writing right here. Love how Spencer handles Mary Jane and how supportive she is, if Spencer gets these two to marry again- I will be more than satisfied.
    Trying not to get my hopes up regarding the marriage but if he DID get these two married again, and not just for a story arc, then boy would I be pleased as punch

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's good to know I still hate One More Day with the passion of a million burning suns even after all these years.

This Mysterio thing is going to blow up in MJ's face so, so hard. I can just feel it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This Mysterio thing is going to blow up in MJ's face so, so hard. I can just feel it now.
    You must be so excited, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You must be so excited, lol.
    I mean, I've been expecting it to happen since the first few issues of her solo series and now they're just dangling it in front of us .

Yeah, I'd be surprised if nothing bad happened with that myself.

I mean, I've been expecting it to happen since the first few issues of her solo series and now they're just dangling it in front of us .
    That describes Spencer's run in a nutshell.

Amazing Member

I think there is a real chance Marvel will allow them to marry again. Miles Morales has changed everything. The vast success of the character allows him to fill the requirement of the younger, unsure hero, making that version of Peter Parker redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasklein83 View Post
    I think there is a real chance Marvel will allow them to marry again. Miles Morales has changed everything. The vast success of the character allows him to fill the requirement of the younger, unsure hero, making that version of Peter Parker redundant.
    Fingers crossed regarding the marriage.

Spectacular Member

Am I the only one that interpreted the last page as Strange saying that kindred is actually the soul of Peter Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Am I the only one that interpreted the last page as Strange saying that kindred is actually the soul of Peter Parker?
    You might be.

Strange is talking about how he wanted to have Peter use a magical artifact to track Kindred and it didn't end up working. Strange wants to know why. The implication is the One More Day deal corrupted Peter's soul.

So ... Mephisto says he doesn't know who Kindred is. Do we believe it or is he lying? Both seem equally likely.

Fantastic Member

Good issue

Peter's talk with 'Kindred' hit home, and that last page... I'm not really expecting the marriage to come back, but yeah, we're definitely headed to some form of OMD resolution.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

For those thinking nothing will come if it...you are wrong.
    We have Peter now actively wanting to seek answers, we have Dr Strange flat out addressing this elephant in the room. Hell yeah it’s going to be addressed.
    Undone? No. Because then we have the argument of more wasted years being forgotten/erased from OMD to now.