Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Some more encouraging news on COVID Case Rates and how well the Vaccines we have work on variants in real world studies!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Got my second dose of Pfizer, hoping side effects are mild going into the weekend.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

The side effects are kicking my butt. They started yesterday. Today I have a headache ranging from mild to medium. I had the chills so bad I put on a sweatshirt and got under my blankets even though it is 65 out side. And I have been run down and tired all day. They are hitting me worse then my dad.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Just came back from getting my Birthday Present, my second Moderna Vaccine shot. My husband got his at the same time.

We're fine now, no idea what will happen next day or two, but that's fine.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The side effects are kicking my butt. They started yesterday. Today I have a headache ranging from mild to medium. I had the chills so bad I put on a sweatshirt and got under my blankets even though it is 65 out side. And I have been run down and tired all day. They are hitting me worse then my dad.
    Sorry that it's hitting you hard, but stay tough. It should pass in a day or two. Everyone's reaction is slightly different. Take some Tylenol or something similar, that might help.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sorry that it's hitting you hard, but stay tough. It should pass in a day or two. Everyone's reaction is slightly different. Take some Tylenol or something similar, that might help.
    Thank you. I took two and laid down for a couple hours this afternoon which is rare because I never nap.

I am glad you got you second shot. I hope that your reaction is mild. And happy birthday
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Looking at other countries, we're actually doing well here. I'm a bit shocked that Japan has had such a late and ineffectual roll-out of their just started really vaccine program. They've basically vaccinated almost no one, and their system is evidently so complicated they've had to recruit college age people to walk seniors through it, and even then it takes hours...if they're lucky. What were they doing all this time? In places here, we're approaching herd immunity through a combo of recovered infected people and the vaccines. In the nation that above all others I would have thought would have it together...they've done nothing save lockdowns, masks, and hoping for the best.

NHK makes for some pretty grim watching these days, mostly endless bits on how the virus is knocking them for a loop. And given their average age, they're terribly vulnerable.

In America, I believe we are only at a 46-48% average vaccinated rate. This could reach 70-75% by late October as long as the programs continue and people continue to go.

Herd immunity is a minimum of 70%, but 80-85% is really ideal, while some WH advisors for this virus want it more like 90%.

They may start vaccinating younger people 12-16, so not sure how those numbers will be included since right now, they are not counted toward the Herd Immunity percentages.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I am now officially fully vaccinated. The second vaccine really put me through the ringer, but I have no regrets. I am now the last person that I interact with on a social level to get vaccinated, so in about a week and a half, my friend group will be able to comfortably get together without masks for the first time in a year. And we're already planning on some traveling to see some other fully vaccinated friends.

I can't wait.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I am now officially fully vaccinated. The second vaccine really put me through the ringer, but I have no regrets. I am now the last person that I interact with on a social level to get vaccinated, so in about a week and a half, my friend group will be able to comfortably get together without masks for the first time in a year. And we're already planning on some traveling to see some other fully vaccinated friends.

I can't wait.
    Congrats! Have fun!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I just returned from getting my second shot (Pfizer), easy peasy. Now to wait and see if there's any side effects, though if like the first shot I got three weeks ago, I don't expect any.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Looking at other countries, we're actually doing well here. I'm a bit shocked that Japan has had such a late and ineffectual roll-out of their just started really vaccine program. They've basically vaccinated almost no one, and their system is evidently so complicated they've had to recruit college age people to walk seniors through it, and even then it takes hours...if they're lucky. What were they doing all this time? In places here, we're approaching herd immunity through a combo of recovered infected people and the vaccines. In the nation that above all others I would have thought would have it together...they've done nothing save lockdowns, masks, and hoping for the best.

NHK makes for some pretty grim watching these days, mostly endless bits on how the virus is knocking them for a loop. And given their average age, they're terribly vulnerable.
    Their insularity protects them for the most part… and they are rather used to be masked. Still, it’s astonishing…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would say it’s normal: you’re younger and your immune system is stronger.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just returned from getting my second shot (Pfizer), easy peasy. Now to wait and see if there's any side effects, though if like the first shot I got three weeks ago, I don't expect any.
    Oh you sweet summer child...

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Oh you sweet summer child...
    I know plenty of people who were fine after both shots with barely any side effects.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!