Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

In processing for Basic Training, they had us line up and as we moved forward in the line there were medical personnel on both sides, each one would grab an arm and jab a needle in that contained vaccines for lord only knows what. I didn't receive that information, not sure if it's available, wish I did have it.
    I imagine something like this happened when I went in the navy, but it's one of those things I've blanked out. The only thing I remember clearly from my medical was when I was tested for colour blindness. I was shown a pattern of different coloured dots and had to pick out the number. But I couldn't see any pattern, so the doctor was saying "look, see there's an 8"--and I went, oh yeah, I see it now. Not that I'm colour blind, I'm just bad at pattern recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It is 6 cases out of 9 million.

ALL of the vaccines have risks and side effects, as people are more than want to state, even as with the next breath they tell everyone to get the jab.

Life is a risk with side effects.
    Curious that the 6 are all women?

Wonder if they're all on birth control? They'll figure it out for sure. Too much is riding on this.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Curious that the 6 are all women?

Wonder if they're all on birth control? They'll figure it out for sure. Too much is riding on this.
    Another (my) thought is that they may have a platelet or clotting factor problem.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

iMan 42s

Had the Johnson and Johnson nearing 2 weeks ago and I haven't had any reactions outside the day of getting and first day after.

Dizziness, fatigue, the NEED for water (I lost track of how much water I drank in those two days), my back was killing me, and I slowed down immensely. People at work noticed it about an hour after I came in that I wasn't in good shape. But second day post-vaccine and I was fine and back to mostly normal. I think everyone in the household has gotten the J&J and so so far so good. Shame it's getting pulled though but I'd much rather we figure out if everything is ultimately safe and we are knowledgeable about what it can do in terms of side effects.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Had the Johnson and Johnson nearing 2 weeks ago and I haven't had any reactions outside the day of getting and first day after.

Dizziness, fatigue, the NEED for water (I lost track of how much water I drank in those two days), my back was killing me, and I slowed down immensely. People at work noticed it about an hour after I came in that I wasn't in good shape. But second day post-vaccine and I was fine and back to mostly normal. I think everyone in the household has gotten the J&J and so so far so good. Shame it's getting pulled though but I'd much rather we figure out if everything is ultimately safe and we are knowledgeable about what it can do in terms of side effects.
    I don't think it's being pulled, just on pause until a decision is made as to the cause of the blood clots. It might not even be the J&J, it might just be a coincidence or something.

Another (my) thought is that they may have a platelet or clotting factor problem.
    Very true but might be problematic for J&J. Hoping it's just birth control interfering with the vaccine. That's an easier fix.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Very true but might be problematic for J&J. Hoping it's just birth control interfering with the vaccine. That's an easier fix.
    The CDC is studying this problem and working up recommendations on how to deal with this before green lighting any further use of J&J.

It is 6 cases out of 9 million.

ALL of the vaccines have risks and side effects, as people are more than want to state, even as with the next breath they tell everyone to get the jab.

Life is a risk with side effects.
    The problem is (sadly) a political one. We all know the type who will be beating their chest, rendering their clothing, screaming "you knewwww, you knewwww it could happen" and make it out like this is intentional poisoning. It's dumb. Every single person on this planet is far more likely to die from Covid than these rare examples of the blood clot. More are likely to die in a car accident, you don't see anyone banning cars. Hell, more are likely to be hit crossing the street than this blood clot, or be murdered in their homes. Yet here we are.... IDIOTS! The lot of them. It's a simple numbers game.

BLOOD CLOT RISKS
    Oxford/AstraZeneca - 3 in 1,000,000
    Women not taking hormonal contraception - 2 in 10,000
    Combined oral contraceptive pill - 5-12 in 10,00
    Pregnancy +6weeks postnatal - 1-2 in 1,000

So let's stop the drug that is ending a pandemic. IDIOTS!!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

I should’ve said this about a week ago, sorry.

I live in CT and I Was able to get my vaccine near 2 weeks ago, my first dose of Pfizer-BioTech!

I felt shire in my arm and then in my body for a day, but it was not bad!

It feels good to had final mine, I work for the USPS and this has been such a stressful time for us, PLEASE Everyone When you can get yours ASAP!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    The problem is (sadly) a political one. We all know the type who will be beating their chest, rendering their clothing, screaming "you knewwww, you knewwww it could happen" and make it out like this is intentional poisoning. It's dumb. Every single person on this planet is far more likely to die from Covid than these rare examples of the blood clot. More are likely to die in a car accident, you don't see anyone banning cars. Hell, more are likely to be hit crossing the street than this blood clot, or be murdered in their homes. Yet here we are.... IDIOTS! The lot of them. It's a simple numbers game.

BLOOD CLOT RISKS

I don't see this as having anything to do with politics, rather an overabundance of caution, a move I fully agree with. There's still two vaccines available, better to pause and find out what the hell caused the problems with the J&J vaccine, solve said problems, then resume using it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yes I'd much rather see caution. The stats are against any of the Jannsen people having anything go wrong, but there really is no such thing as "acceptable losses" here. Thats the same kind of attitude that people had about COVID and all that herd immunity BS where nobody masks up or changes anything and we just let the fittest survive.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

I don't see it as a need for caution so much as a need to respond to the perception of a danger. Statistically speaking there's negligible risk, but given the fear of the vaccine among the half of the population for whom even something as simple as wearing masks was a politically charged issue I get that the Biden Administration wants to alleviate fears. Even if it's not necessary, it looks like they're taking a step to "protect" people and that ultimately will result in more people taking the vaccine than might have otherwise, which is a better outcome than allowing rumors/anti-vax propaganda to fester and generally make the country less safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

BLOOD CLOT RISKS

There's a societal refusal to deal with tradeoffs, the idea that something could be worthwhile even if there is a small risk.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's official! I've secured an appointment to get my shot! Tuesday, 2:40 pm, and I'll be getting the Pfizer vaccine! Man, I'm excited!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!