Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Texas anti-mask ‘Freedom Defender’ Caleb Wallace dies at 30

Jessica Wallace said her husband got sick in late July, but “was so hard-headed.”

“He didn’t want to see a doctor, because he didn’t want to be part of the statistics with COVID tests,” she said.
    Well, now he's a statistic as a COVID death. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

A good thread on how the Ivermectin scam came to be:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...45916258181120

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A good thread on how the Ivermectin scam came to be:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...45916258181120
    Yeah, Rachael Maddow had Ben Collins on her sown and they talked about this.

My mother, who passed away about 5 years ago, was always into vitamins and supplements as far back as I can remember. During the last twenty years of her life she compiled a collection of books on health related issues, half of which were questionable. She also had a wary relationship with doctors.

I remember the year one fo her doctors told her that she had a Thyroid issue and prescribed medicine (thyroid supplement) for it. She complained to me about it, saying she was never seeing that doctor ever again (she'd been a patient of his father (who passed away and left his practice to his son) for years.

At that time I was already on it myself, and had been for several years so I knew what to say to her. She finally relented, but it took a while to convince her that she needed it and that it wasn't dangerous.

She had the same reaction to a doctor wanting to put her on heart medication, turns out she was right and she got a second opinion from another doctor who prescribed a smaller dosage.

Bottom line, as much as my mother was wary fo medicines and doctors, if she was alive today, she might ask me about these weird and dangerous things like Ivermectin , but I know she wouldn't go so far as try using it herself.

There is nothing wrong with questioning what the doctors say, there isn't even anything wrong with taking vitamins and supplements so long as you don't go overboard, but there is something wrong with the dangerous thinking that gets people to eat horse paste. If they are so willing to question doctors, then they should be willing to question anyone who tries to sell them junk.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-29-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The questioning of doctors is partially due to the pharmaceutical industry and a perception of a symbiotic relationship, between doctor and industry, that treats health as secondary. Alot of those horse paste people would say that doctors are in the pocket of big pharma. The perception really has come about mostly, I think, due to pharma being allowed to advertise and hock their wares again nationally. There was a golden time when TV was not allowed to advertise drugs. Then you go to your doctor's office and see ads on the walls for various drugs. Even if you trust your doctor, it can make you wonder at times. Its all one big ball of trust issues.

Now I think that perception is partially true, and partly not. But thats why you always should try and find second or third opinions when contemplating major health decisions.

For the vaccines, we passed second and third opinion long ago and are pretty much in the hundreds or thousands now as far as doctors giving their opinion that its ok and you should take it. And the few doctors who are against it don't say its dangerous but rather just unnecessary.

But its still big pharma - people see Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, etc. This automatically turns many people off.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I have my vaccine conspiracy theory - What if Big Pharma could convince a quarter to a third of the population to turn against vaccines? Sure, they lose revenue for that portion of the population, but they get a breeding ground for new variants, forcing the other 2/3 to get a booster every year in perpetuity, plus the revenue for treatments which are probably a bigger source of profits than any amount of prevention ever would be.

Sure, it's crazy, but I bet it's infinitely more plausible than anything the anti-vaccer crowd has come up with.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have my vaccine conspiracy theory - What if Big Pharma could convince a quarter to a third of the population to turn against vaccines? Sure, they lose revenue for that portion of the population, but they get a breeding ground for new variants, forcing the other 2/3 to get a booster every year in perpetuity, plus the revenue for treatments which are probably a bigger source of profits than any amount of prevention ever would be.

Sure, it's crazy, but I bet it's infinitely more plausible than anything the anti-vaccer crowd has come up with.
    It would also be bad publicity for the Pharmas who are already struggling to convince everyone that their vaccines are safe and effective.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It would also be bad publicity for the Pharmas who are already struggling to convince everyone that their vaccines are safe and effective.
    I have to agree with you. There's already so much skepticism for Big Pharma , I don't believe that they created the virus. One strange thing about people who don't want the vaccine, many of them will try so many different things that supposedly builds up the immune system and unproven. Many of them are convinced in trying so called " natural " approaches " that are not FDA approved . But they won't vaccinate themselves , not just to protect themselves but other people too. That is truly selfish IMO . I could understand in the beginning having some doubts , but after almost a year , it makes no sense .

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I have to agree with you. There's already so much skepticism for Big Pharma , I don't believe that they created the virus. One strange thing about people who don't want the vaccine, many of them will try so many different things that supposedly builds up the immune system and unproven. Many of them are convinced in trying so called " natural " approaches " that are not FDA approved . But they won't vaccinate themselves , not just to protect themselves but other people too. That is truly selfish IMO . I could understand in the beginning having some doubts , but after almost a year , it makes no sense .
    One person's minor grumble...

Let's say that someone leans towards this sort of unsound thinking where you have to be on the lookout because someone is out to get you.

What sort or reasoning sets that aside when it comes to fish tank additives/anti parasite meds/whatever?

Maybe the entire plan was to get you to willingly harm yourself with those compounds all along, and you fell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I agree, but I'm going to save my crazy theory for the next time I hear anyone talk about "the profit motive behind vaccines".
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One person's minor grumble...

Let's say that someone leans towards this sort of unsound thinking where you have to be on the lookout because someone is out to get you.

What sort or reasoning sets that aside when it comes to fish tank additives/anti parasite meds/whatever?

Maybe the entire plan was to get you to willingly harm yourself with those compounds all along, and you fell for it.
    Hey , don't worry about me. I'm an older guy , I'm lucky to have made it this far.
    If I get Covid , I won't make it. So I took the vaccine , hopefully it'll buy me a few more years.
    But you anti-vaxxers , hey go ahead and be suspicious and doubtful of everything.
    Believe in your conspiracies and all that.
    No one is forcing you to be vaccinated, unless it's your employer.

Hey , don't worry about me. I'm an older guy , I'm lucky to have made it this far.
    If I get Covid , I won't make it. So I took the vaccine , hopefully it'll buy me a few more years.
    But you anti-vaxxers , hey go ahead and be suspicious and doubtful of everything.
    Believe in your conspiracies and all that.
    No one is forcing you to be vaccinated, unless it's your employer.
    Been vaccinated for a while now.

Just pointing out that I always have a tough time processing where the suspicions that those folks have end.

From the outside, it would seem like one would question the "Fix..." if they were going to question the vaccine.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Been vaccinated for a while now.

Just pointing out that I always have a tough time processing where the suspicions that those folks have end.

From the outside, it would seem like one would question the "Fix..." if they were going to question the vaccine.
    Hey , I apologize for thinking that you are an anti-vaxxer !
    Now I think that I understand your point of view.
    I think that you're trying to see, what the motives are for the people that are questioning the vaccine.
    In my point of view , we as a country were not prepared for a pandemic. Even though both GW Bush in 2005 and Obama in 2014 warned that one would most likely happen within a few years. Yet we were not ready.
    I think that most people don't realize that 2 former POTUS of different parties gave speeches about that.
    But it's good that scientists in Pharma were somewhat ahead.
    Hopefully in the coming year or two, someone will develop an anti-viral med that gets rid of Covid.
    But at the same time, I think that we have to live with it for the foreseeable future.

Hey , I apologize for thinking that you are an anti-vaxxer !

No big deal.

It's more that I just have a really tough time trying to understand how and where they draw the line about what the threat actually is.

It's like they(well, from there perspective...) noticed some leaves covering a bear trap, and stopped there.

I just wonder why they don't second guess if the bear trap is just one step in whatever the bad guys have planned instead of the only thing.

Retired

I can understand not wanting to trust big corporations. What I don't understand is why people then trust complete strangers who only exist on the internet and have no real credentials, that are just pulling facts out of their butt. Why trust the information they are giving when you don't trust the information from people you actually know in real life and the people who have actual knowledge about the science?

It's incredible to me that you can tell a person there are magical fairies that give you colds and they will believe you, but try to tell them that viruses are molecular strands of nucleic acids and they think you're controlled by the illuminati.

Los Angeles County Logs First Cases of ‘Mu’ Coronavirus Variant

Los Angeles County officials said they detected their first cases of the “Mu” COVID-19 variant. The cases were found between June and August, officials said, with the majority found throughout July. “The identification of variants like Mu, and the spreading of variants across the globe, highlights the need for L.A. County residents to continue to take measures to protect themselves and others,” Barbara Ferrer, the county’s public health director, wrote in a statement Friday. “This is what makes getting vaccinated and layering protections so important.”

The World Health Organization recently classified the variant, which originated in Colombia, as a “variant of interest.” It has made up more than 2,000 cases across the U.S., including in New York, Texas, and Florida, per The Washington Post. Little is known about the differences between Mu and other variants. Dr. Anthony Fauci said Thursday that the variant “has a constellation of mutations that suggests that it would evade certain antibodies,” but that he would need to see clinical data to determine its characteristics.