Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Being fully vaccinated reduces odds of long-term Covid-19 symptoms by half, UK study suggests

(CNN)A new study of breakthrough Covid-19 infections finds that vaccines not only reduce the risk of severe disease and hospitalization, but can lower the odds of having long-term Covid-19 symptoms too.

"We found that the odds of having symptoms for 28 days or more after post-vaccination infection were approximately halved by having two vaccine doses. This result suggests that the risk of long COVID is reduced in individuals who have received double vaccination, when additionally considering the already documented reduced risk of infection overall," researchers wrote in the study published on Wednesday in the journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Does this include the Mu variant as well?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Does this include the Mu variant as well?

Here’s what we know about the mu variant

Will my coronavirus vaccine work against mu?

It’s unclear how much protection the vaccines offer against this variant. “The Mu variant has a constellation of mutations that indicate potential properties of immune escape,” the WHO said in a statement Tuesday, raising concerns that it may be more resistant to coronavirus vaccines than other variants. “But this needs to be confirmed by further studies,” it added.

Fauci said that while laboratory data had shown that the mu variant can evade certain antibodies — among them those induced by vaccine shots — there is currently a lack of clinical data and other research involving people that shows this. He underscored that in general, vaccines remain effective and the best protection against the coronavirus.

Vaccine maker Pfizer told The Post in an email that it was studying the mu variant and expected to share data soon with a peer-reviewed journal.

“To date, we are encouraged by both the real-world data and laboratory studies of the vaccine and see no evidence that the virus or circulating variants of concern regularly escape protection,” said Pfizer spokesperson Kit Longley.

Representatives from other coronavirus vaccine makers Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca have yet to reply to requests for comment.
    It's better to be safe and get vaccinated, however it is too soon to tell if any mutation can evade the vaccines. Everyone in involved is watching it carefully. One good thing about Rna vaccines is that they are easily modified to adapt to whatever virus is out there. So, Booster Shots might be needed one way or another.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-06-2021 at 12:34 PM.

This Friday I get my wife & daughter their 2nd shots. How I wish I could get my son his but he's under 12.

Last month they wanted to visit family in Florida & I put my foot down to that BS.
    No.
    Fucking.
    Way.
    Fl is a rampaging ****-hole of disease & death right now & yes, I damn well shamed her into getting the Vax.

Haven't seen some family members in over a year & this year doesn't look good either. If they insist on earning their Herman Cain Awards they can do that **** away from me. **** em.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    This Friday I get my wife & daughter their 2nd shots. How I wish I could get my son his but he's under 12.

Last month they wanted to visit family in Florida & I put my foot down to that BS.
    No.
    Fucking.
    Way.
    Fl is a rampaging ****-hole of disease & death right now & yes, I damn well shamed her into getting the Vax.

Haven't seen some family members in over a year & this year doesn't look good either. If they insist on earning their Herman Cain Awards they can do that **** away from me. **** em.
    Man , I think that you're right about Florida. I'm in New Jersey , and to me I've always seen FL as place where people move to eventually go and die . Like Birds flying south or something. I went to Florida once but didn't like it.
    I'm vaccinated but I have members of the family not vaccinated , recently my brother in-law and his son caught Covid . He's right now in bad shape, but I think that they'll eventually be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post

No.
    Fucking.
    Way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Man , I think that you're right about Florida. I'm in New Jersey , and to me I've always seen FL as place where people move to eventually go and die . Like Birds flying south or something. I went to Florida once but didn't like it.
    I'm vaccinated but I have members of the family not vaccinated , recently my brother in-law and his son caught Covid . He's right now in bad shape, but I think that they'll eventually be ok.
    Huh. I heard news reports all last year touting how low-to-no cases were in Florida. I had a hard time believing it at that time, because right from the start in March 2020 people were partying on the beaches with no social distancing and no masks last year. They did not seem to follow the advice of the time. Now, Florida is rampant with reported cases.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Huh. I heard news reports all last year touting how low-to-no cases were in Florida. I had a hard time believing it at that time, because right from the start in March 2020 people were partying on the beaches with no social distancing and no masks last year. They did not seem to follow the advice of the time. Now, Florida is rampant with reported cases.
    Ever since the 2000 Election with the Hanging Chads , I've lost all trust in any news coming out of Florida . All they care about is the Tourists going there.

Did Bill Gates visit Florida recently or something? I'm sure it was him or the vaccine or aliens or something causing the surge in Florida. Maybe it was the manatees, I hear they are always up to no good.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Did Bill Gates visit Florida recently or something? I'm sure it was him or the vaccine or aliens or something causing the surge in Florida. Maybe it was the manatees, I hear they are always up to no good.
    Why the hate for Bill Gates ? Or the vaccines ?

Why the hate for Bill Gates ? Or the vaccines ?
    That's sarcasm. Still, some people will believe anything, except the truth. They scorn science but eat up anything they find on FaceBook.

As a fellow Jerseyian I understand the opinion about Florida. I hope your family will be okay, and when they do they should still get vacated as soon as they are allowed to. I'm still surprised that the rate of vaccination in New Jersey isn't higher, all things considered.

Ivermectin causes sterilization in 85 percent of men, study finds

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The effects of Ivermectin therapy on human males can have an effect on men’s reproductive health.

Researchers at three universities in Nigeria studied the effects of Ivermectin, which is used to treat river blindness and other medical conditions in humans, on men’s sperm counts. According to their study, 85 percent of men who take Ivermectin become sterilized.

Ivermectin is often used as an anthelmintic to combat parasites in animals and some people have been using it to fight COVID-19 despite health experts’ recommendations against it.

The study conducted by researchers in Nigeria screened 385 patients with river blindness to investigate the effects of Ivermectin on sperm function.

The researchers found that 85 percent of all male patients treated in a particular center with ivermectin in the recent past who went to the laboratory for routine tests were discovered to have developed various forms, grades and degrees of sperm dysfunction.
    Karma works in mysterious ways.

A new study by researchers at three universities have concluded that ivermectin causes sterility in 85% of men. Check it out for the comments.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-08-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ivermectin causes sterilization in 85 percent of men, study finds

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The effects of Ivermectin therapy on human males can have an effect on men’s reproductive health.

Researchers at three universities in Nigeria studied the effects of Ivermectin, which is used to treat river blindness and other medical conditions in humans, on men’s sperm counts. According to their study, 85 percent of men who take Ivermectin become sterilized.

Ivermectin is often used as an anthelmintic to combat parasites in animals and some people have been using it to fight COVID-19 despite health experts’ recommendations against it.

The study conducted by researchers in Nigeria screened 385 patients with river blindness to investigate the effects of Ivermectin on sperm function.

The researchers found that 85 percent of all male patients treated in a particular center with ivermectin in the recent past who went to the laboratory for routine tests were discovered to have developed various forms, grades and degrees of sperm dysfunction.

Karma works in mysterious ways.

A new study by researchers at three universities have concluded that ivermectin causes sterility in 85% of men. Check it out for the comments.
    Not really that mysterious...

Folks see those ways everywhere even though karma does not, in actuality, exist.

Someone wants to see "Karma..." at work?

They almost always will.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not really that mysterious...

Folks see those ways everywhere even though karma does not, in actuality, exist.

Someone wants to see "Karma..." at work?

They almost always will.
    Picardfacepalmgif.

BANNED

No offense, and maybe it's correct (I'd be lying if I said I was a medical expert), but that sounds like the kind of utter bulls##t that you'd hear coming from a Covid-19 conspiracy theorist about the vaccine. If 85% (or a fraction of that) of men were sterilized after taking it that would be the #1 thing talked about in relation to taking it, it would be the first thing that came up in any discussion of it, and I wouldn't be reading about a "study from Nigeria" as the prime source because the CDC and major pharmaceutical companies would be blasting "Don't take this if you want to have children!" messages everywhere we look.

I get it. I dislike the anti-vax movement as well, it's selfish and harmful (to the point of killing folks in many cases) and just plain f##king stupid. The answer isn't to fight stupid with stupid. If you see something like this, think about it for the 5 seconds it take for it to fall apart logically in your mind and don't post it. It undermines the pro-vaccine position as the logical, rational, and science-minded outlook. Not by much, but these folks will look for anything to hang their bulls##t conspiracy theories on and misinformation is a handy one.