Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Aw, don't tell me that. I just got my vaccine, due to a cancellation, and I've got stuff to do tomorrow.
    My dad was a bit tired but it wasnt bad. how was your side effects?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Chills, mild fever and a massive headache. Not a fun Saturday. And my arm is still sore. I've never had a reaction like that to a vaccine before. The AstraZeneca vaccine seems to have worse after effects from what I've been hearing anecdotally. I did get about half the stuff I had planned, though, and I don't regret getting the shot.

Extraordinary Member

Just back from my second Moderna. No side effects so far, and the process was smooth, I got out before my appointment. But...this was second shots only....and it was much less crowded. I hope that doesn't mean folks were just not getting that second shot. For myself, I want all the protection I can get that makes sense in situational context.

I read an article the other day saying that 8% of people who got the first shot aren't getting the second. The experts seemed to be impressed that the percentage wasn't higher. (I'll try and find the link.)

Edit: not the link I was looking for, but it's the same info https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/b...ond-doses.html
    Last edited by Arachne; 05-03-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is great news, CJ! Thank you for posting this clip. This would be a cure if it continues as it is now! I know so many people who would rather take a pill than an injection. Covid-19 could possibly be wiped out in 2022!
    Thanks Phoenixx9, sorry I am late getting back to you on this, but this news really did send me with a whole mess of good hope cause it is news I had been hoping for to go with the Vaccines!

I always said to fellow workers at work that if we had what I called the 1~2 Punch to hit covid with it be what we need to most to at least hope to get it in some form of control on both ends. The 1st punch in the Vaccines to keep many from getting sick and the 2 for those not vaccinated or get breakthrew infections to have the pill to stop it that way too!

That is the 1~2 punch to have to deal with this in a better way that also gives leavity to Hospitals and the medical communty to not be overwelmed only for the most server needs, allot could be taken care off just by people in their homes.

It is a good hope to hear and that fact it might be an anti-viral that does not cause mutation to the virus is the most important part!

Here is praying and hoping for this news to be reality sooner then later!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Some more Major News coming sooner then I had hoped for!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

So, next day after Moderna the second shot. Seems I was a bit too optimistic I would escape side effects, but still, better than getting a bad case of the virus. Fortunately, I have time off, having at least allowed for the possibility of side effects, (just the normal stuff, nothing I'm concerned about).

Los Angeles County a couple days ago had no virus deaths...for the first time in over a year. It's a heavily vaccinated state. And of course has had a lot of infections, so there's a high level of folks with immunity from one source or another. Seems like we're turning a corner here...let's hope.

I'm mere hours from immunity (2nd shot plus two weeks).

I still am amazed at the people who won't get vaccinated? It seems half the country (USA) was scrambling for their doses and the other half was the object of immense effort to get them vaccinated. Now, as those vaccinated are increasing and availability is getting greater and greater, there's a report in The New York Times and the US "unlikely" to reach "herd immunity". I understand not wanting to get a shot. I'm a type 1 diabetic and for the last 50+ years, a day hasn't gone by when I haven't stuck a needle into my body for insulin or blood glucose testing. I get not wanting to adhere to medical advice, especially where doubt and margins of error exist. But damn, it's time we all rolled up our sleeves and take one (or two) for the team.

Rant over.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

This friday, counting down the days til my second shot. Planned it for Fraiday since I figured side feffects might be better dealt with over the weekend.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm mere hours from immunity (2nd shot plus two weeks).

I still am amazed at the people who won't get vaccinated? It seems half the country (USA) was scrambling for their doses and the other half was the object of immense effort to get them vaccinated. Now, as those vaccinated are increasing and availability is getting greater and greater, there's a report in The New York Times and the US "unlikely" to reach "herd immunity". I understand not wanting to get a shot. I'm a type 1 diabetic and for the last 50+ years, a day hasn't gone by when I haven't stuck a needle into my body for insulin or blood glucose testing. I get not wanting to adhere to medical advice, especially where doubt and margins of error exist. But damn, it's time we all rolled up our sleeves and take one (or two) for the team.

Rant over.
    Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This friday, counting down the days til my second shot. Planned it for Fraiday since I figured side feffects might be better dealt with over the weekend.
    I get my second shot (Pfizer) next Tuesday. Other than a sore arm which lasted just two days, I experienced no side effects from the first shot, I expect more of the same next week.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So, next day after Moderna the second shot. Seems I was a bit too optimistic I would escape side effects, but still, better than getting a bad case of the virus. Fortunately, I have time off, having at least allowed for the possibility of side effects, (just the normal stuff, nothing I'm concerned about).

Los Angeles County a couple days ago had no virus deaths...for the first time in over a year. It's a heavily vaccinated state. And of course has had a lot of infections, so there's a high level of folks with immunity from one source or another. Seems like we're turning a corner here...let's hope.
    San Bernardino County has had similar results. Pretty much all the cases now are of young people, who haven't gotten fully vaccinated yet (their turn hadn't come up until recently). Things are opening up again and life is starting a true path towards normal.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Chicago is talking about fully opening? I was going to wait for the vaccine until they start offering cash as an incentive but if more states begin to fully open I guess I better hurry up and get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Chicago is talking about fully opening? I was going to wait for the vaccine until they start offering cash as an incentive but if more states begin to fully open I guess I better hurry up and get it now.
    From someone one who lives in Illinois...

Lightfoot said "July 4th" is the target.

Not exactly as set in stone as "Talking About...", but it's the direction she seems to be heading in.

I had my second shot this morning. I heard the second day is when the side effects get you. But I have been super tired and run down. Took a two hour nap and I never nap in the day.

I am just glad I gt t. I was talking to the nurse giving them and we are both shocked at how many people are still not getting the shot.

I am glad that so many my friends her on CBR have gotten it and are not suffering any bad side effects from it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.