Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 681
  1. #631
    Fantastic Member CaptainEurope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sorry for being abrupt, but I don't want NJ to end up like some of the Republican controlled states. We already went through that last year.

    He has 90 days after he recovers to think about it. I hope he changes his mind and gets vaccinated.

    Sometimes I wonder why there are no conspiracy theories about monoclonal antibodies? Why the hate for vaccines?

    edit: I Miswrote part of this. It's not just NJ, is everywhere. All states are in trouble if we can't get more people vaccinated.
    You have to make the decision to get a vaccine when you are healthy. You take a risk, even if minuscule, while you could also hope not to get sick. I'm old enough to remember when EVERY kid got measles because there was no vaccine yet, so I know what an endemic virus is. People do not believe that they WILL catch covid.

    The monoclonal antibodies are a treatment when you are already sick. You do not have the option to gamble that you will stay healthy anymore.

  2. #632
    Astonishing Member JackDaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    You have to make the decision to get a vaccine when you are healthy. You take a risk, even if minuscule, while you could also hope not to get sick. I'm old enough to remember when EVERY kid got measles because there was no vaccine yet, so I know what an endemic virus is. People do not believe that they WILL catch covid.
    There was a time when “deep down” I thought I would not get Covid.

    But that disappeared months ago…two factors have driven the change.

    First the number of daily infections reported in UK are relentlessly high. Second friends and acquaintances with similar life styles to mine have tested positive…most with mild symptoms, a couple ill enough to be close to having to go in hospital.

    Realistically in UK we have stopped trying to eliminate widespread infection months ago…anybody who thinks otherwise is deluded, I think…the best option here is to get vaccinated double pronto, and hope when you get infected symptoms will be mild.

  3. #633
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    On BBC website today got some student arguing that she’s more determined than ever not to get vaccinated because of plan to use “vaccine passports” to allow entry to night clubs.

    Apparently it’s an outrageous assault on liberty….I guess it’s every Brits right to infect other people with a dangerous infection?

    Bizarrely she says she really, really wants to go to nightclubs, and is happy to be tested every time she goes to a club…which to me would seem to be a bigger faff and restriction on liberty.

    It all baffles me. No need to over think these things…in UK 80 or 90 percent of medical professionals got vaccinated. It’s beyond obvious that it’s in any adults interest to get the jab.
    You make some good points. All these people saying that it's an assault on their freedom don't seem to care if they infect others ( who may die ).
    I think that the overall Public Health is more important, than a slight breach of so called freedom.

  4. #634
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sorry for being abrupt, but I don't want NJ to end up like some of the Republican controlled states. We already went through that last year.

    He has 90 days after he recovers to think about it. I hope he changes his mind and gets vaccinated.

    Sometimes I wonder why there are no conspiracy theories about monoclonal antibodies? Why the hate for vaccines?

    edit: I Miswrote part of this. It's not just NJ, is everywhere. All states are in trouble if we can't get more people vaccinated.
    I also live in NJ , in south jersey and I don't want to see the state end up like Texas or Florida.
    My brother in-law still has Covid and now my sister is feeling sick too. And he's still against the vaccine , he's 53 and your typical White Republican. I hate that about him sometimes.

    I just don't understand some people. What's more important Public Health or so called " Personal Freedom " ? Freedom comes at a price in my view.
    Last edited by TheKryptonMan; 09-15-2021 at 02:16 PM.

  5. #635
    Incredible Member Captain Nostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    586

    Default



    I don't know what you people are on about. Anti vaccers are completely rational people who believe in sound scientific facts.


    "well I thought the video was funny at least"
    Last edited by Captain Nostalgia; 09-20-2021 at 03:40 PM.

  6. #636
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,864
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  7. #637
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,342

    Default

    Plenty crass, but, it gets the point across. I'm sure funeral homes were doing boffo business since March 2020.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  8. #638
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    135

    Default

    [QUOTE=Tami;5737996]This truck is making laps around Bank of America Stadium before the Panthers game in Charlotte

    Funeral Home Truck Vaccine COVID.jpg[/QUO


    I'm not sure what to make of this. People at first see the big logo about not getting vaccinated , not so much the Funeral Home website.
    Last edited by TheKryptonMan; 09-19-2021 at 01:38 PM.

  9. #639
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post

    I'm not sure what to make of this. People at first see the big logo about not getting vaccinated , not so much the Funeral Home website.
    If you are standing on the street, it is easier to see both. The image is taken from a distance, which makes it harder to get the full impact of it.

    The question is, are they trying to drum up business or are they being ironic/sarcastic in getting the message across that either you get vaccinated or you become another client of the Funeral Home.

    My guess, it's the latter. Many funeral homes have been overwhelmed these last 18 month. I doubt they need or want business that badly.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  10. #640
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If you are standing on the street, it is easier to see both. The image is taken from a distance, which makes it harder to get the full impact of it.

    The question is, are they trying to drum up business or are they being ironic/sarcastic in getting the message across that either you get vaccinated or you become another client of the Funeral Home.

    My guess, it's the latter. Many funeral homes have been overwhelmed these last 18 month. I doubt they need or want business that badly.
    TRUE.

    The many folks I have known that have worked in the Funeral Business are very reverent about death and know that every person is someone's loved one.

    They do not "drum-up" business. But they also do not need to do that since unfortunately, people are dying every day.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  11. #641
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    TRUE.

    The many folks I have known that have worked in the Funeral Business are very reverent about death and know that every person is someone's loved one.

    They do not "drum-up" business. But they also do not need to do that since unfortunately, people are dying every day.
    It's precisely for that reason that I doubt it's actually a real funeral home doing this, just someone making a statement. And it's an apt statement so I'm all for it.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

  12. #642
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's precisely for that reason that I doubt it's actually a real funeral home doing this, just someone making a statement. And it's an apt statement so I'm all for it.
    The website is a single page.

    "Get vaccinated. If not...see you soon."
    Dark does not mean deep.

  13. #643
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The website is a single page.

    "Get vaccinated. If not...see you soon."
    That pretty much confirms that then. I don't think its message will be effective but it's funny at least, in a dark way.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

  14. #644
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    That’s the wording that should be on the truck. It’s 10x more clear. Poorly done design

  15. #645
    Swollen Member GOLGO 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's precisely for that reason that I doubt it's actually a real funeral home doing this, just someone making a statement. And it's an apt statement so I'm all for it.
    100% correct sir!!

    It's all part of a Pro-Vaccine add campaign.

    https://people.com/human-interest/fu...fake-campaign/

    The funeral home does NOT actually exist. As we know, most anti-Vax types are monumentally stupid to begin with. Subtlety is lost on these future Herman Cain Award winners.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •