Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I know plenty of people who were fine after both shots with barely any side effects.
    My husband and I got our second shot last Friday and I thought we might have problems over the weekend. Instead, we didn't have much in the way of a negative effect. My husband might have been extra tired, I might have been a little extra achy, but none of it was nearly as bad as I imagined it might be. One thing I do wonder is if side effects can last more than two days.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My husband and I got our second shot last Friday and I thought we might have problems over the weekend. Instead, we didn't have much in the way of a negative effect. My husband might have been extra tired, I might have been a little extra achy, but none of it was nearly as bad as I imagined it might be. One thing I do wonder is if side effects can last more than two days.
    I read about a journalist who participated in the vaccine trials and the second shot gave her the worst side effects... and then she found out she was in the placebo group.

oops.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I read about a journalist who participated in the vaccine trials and the second shot gave her the worst side effects... and then she found out she was in the placebo group.

oops.
    Hilarious. That thirst for attention backfired in spectacular form. lolz

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    It's quite possible that she experienced real symptoms. That's why it's called "placebo effect."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm twenty-four hours removed from getting my second vaccine shot yesterday. Other than a sore arm where I got the shot, I'm doing just fine.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    It's quite possible that she experienced real symptoms. That's why it's called "placebo effect."
    Yeah, she didn't write about it until after she found out she had the placebo. I bet there are NDAs while you participate in those studies.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Yeah, she didn't write about it until after she found out she had the placebo. I bet there are NDAs while you participate in those studies.
    There usually are.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

It's been 5 weeks since my 2nd Pfizer dose. No effects so far. Also no Covid-19!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    It's been 5 weeks since my 2nd Pfizer dose. No effects so far. Also no Covid-19!
    Good for you!

Astonishing Member

Would anyone say this is the right decision, or perhaps it’s too soon since we still haven’t reached herd immunity? Even though the CDC is saying this I think I’ll continue to wear my mask and avoid crowded areas. I got my second dose just yesterday(I got the Psfizer vaccine) and I feel overall fine aside from a sore arm.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I thought that this was a hoax! They went from triple-masking and hibernating away from everyone to now wearing no mask at all?? These extremes are killing me.

I an not sure it is safe as we have not reached herd immunity, nor are we anywhere near those high percentages yet. Scary.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Would anyone say this is the right decision, or perhaps it’s too soon since we still haven’t reached herd immunity? Even though the CDC is saying this I think I’ll continue to wear my mask and avoid crowded areas. I got my second dose just yesterday(I got the Psfizer vaccine) and I feel overall fine aside from a sore arm.
    I'm not sure that's the right call. I got my second shot on Tuesday (Pfizer), but I plan to continue wearing masks at least into summer, perhaps beyond that. Without herd mentality having been fully achieved, I'd just as soon not take any chances.

My guess is that it is intended as an incentive for getting people to vaccinate. Problem is, how do you identify those who are vaccinated versus Anti-vaxxers/Anti-maskers who aren't?

I can see some confusion in businesses like my local supermarket. Are they going to continue to require masks for everyone? Or are they going to let people decide for themselves? Or are they going to card everyone who enters the building?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My guess is that it is intended as an incentive for getting people to vaccinate. Problem is, how do you identify those who are vaccinated versus Anti-vaxxers/Anti-maskers who aren't?

I can see some confusion in businesses like my local supermarket. Are they going to continue to require masks for everyone? Or are they going to let people decide for themselves? Or are they going to card everyone who enters the building?
    They aren't all doing it now or in the past. About a month ago I was in a grocery store where 2 men in the early 40's (but who they thought liked liked in their late 20's----uh uh guys!) entered, talking loudly WITHOUT masks---either of them----crowding up against other customers to lean-in to get items or talk to the deli man. Not one person said a word. It was a day that a jacket should have been worn, but instead they only had their tight tee-shirts. They likewise did not say that they were vaccinated. Luckily, I only saw them from a distance and was no where near them. But I did tell the office about it and that something should be said to them and to the customers in general because no one knows what their status is----perhaps they were even infected? ---how do we know. Not cool at all.

My uninformed guess? Stores could well make their own rules, that figures to be all over the board as some might leave mask mandates in place while others don't, and that will make for a royal mess.