Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's official! I've secured an appointment to get my shot! Tuesday, 2:40 pm, and I'll be getting the Pfizer vaccine! Man, I'm excited!
    Congrats! And good luck.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I just made my appointment. There was one for this afternoon. I was put on a waiting list at my pharmacy and they had a cancelled appointment so called me and got me in. I go at 330. it is the Pfizer. That one knocked my dad on his ass so I am wondering how I will react.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

My brother got his second Pfizer yesterday, so that's a good one. My own Moderna needs about 3 weeks for the second shot.

Retired

In Canada, it's not definite when a person can get the second shot. It can be months.

Here's something that adds to my anxieties. Suppose the vaccine you got is later withdrawn before you get your second shot. Does this mean you have to start all over again with another vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In Canada, it's not definite when a person can get the second shot. It can be months.

Here's something that adds to my anxieties. Suppose the vaccine you got is later withdrawn before you get your second shot. Does this mean you have to start all over again with another vaccine?
    Most scientists I’ve heard talk about that admit that any answer to that is guesswork now..but a fair number guess that actually mixing vaccines may actually be better on balance that taking same one twice.

More will be known on question fairly soon, there are large scale trials taking place to research effects of this.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just made my appointment. There was one for this afternoon. I was put on a waiting list at my pharmacy and they had a cancelled appointment so called me and got me in. I go at 330. it is the Pfizer. That one knocked my dad on his ass so I am wondering how I will react.
    My husband and I are going to act on the principle of hope for the best but expect for the worse. I'm planning on making sure we have enough food and other things we may need in the house for a few days after getting out next Moderna shot, just in case one or both of us end up taking a day or two siestas to recover from the vaccine.

My second dose of Moderna is happening Wednesday!

For those of you who have gotten a second dose, or know any medical reasoning, does switching the arm have any benefit? Or doesn't it matter?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

For those of you who have gotten a second dose, or know any medical reasoning, does switching the arm have any benefit? Or doesn't it matter?
    None that I know about. It's just a shot. You should make sure to exercise the area where you get the shot.

The Fever only lasted a day, so it really wasn't that bad.

It does not matter.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Curious that the 6 are all women?

Wonder if they're all on birth control? They'll figure it out for sure. Too much is riding on this.
    For the Jensen, ”all six were women”. For the AstraZeneca, there were men too…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

About a month prior to my getting my first shot of Moderna I had received a Tetanus booster shot at my doctor's office. On the day I was to get the Maderna shot my arm was still a bit sore from the Tetnaus one, so I called my doctor and was told to use the other arm.

Basically, if your arm is sore for any reason, have the vaccine injected into the other arm. If both are fine, then it doesn't really matter which you use.

Took my mother and we got our first shots today. The pharmacist seemed excited that things could start getting better in a few more months. I'm not so sure, since we weren't even able to bet out of the building without a few people volunteering their opinion that they're not getting the shot.

Just got back from my first dose. I am feeling fine. I am also pounding Cheery Lemon Twizzlers which I hear helps negate the side effects
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Just got back from my first dose. I am feeling fine. I am also pounding Cheery Lemon Twizzlers which I hear helps negate the side effects
    Cool beans!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m back from getting the vaccine, and the process couldn’t have been easier. I arrived at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in downtown Philly fifteen minutes before my 2:40 pm appointment. I was ushered in by FEMA employees, showed identification, answered some questions, got a most useful fact sheet about the Pfizer vaccine, got the shot (which didn’t hurt at all), set up my second appointment, spent fifteen minutes in a waiting area to see if there were any side effects (there weren’t), then left. I’d say I was in the building for no longer than 25 minutes, that’s it, and I feel like I’m one step closer to normalcy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!