Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Does your country have access to enough of the Vaccine?
    I'm from The Netherlands (and currently live there as well) btw.
    Here's a useful link perhaps:
    http://https://coronadashboard.government.nl/landelijk/vaccinaties

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I'm from The Netherlands (and currently live there as well) btw.
    Here's a useful link perhaps:
    http://https://coronadashboard.government.nl/landelijk/vaccinaties
    It does resemble how the data looked here in the US, in some States, around January or February. I hope it picks up speed.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

It does resemble how the data looked here in the US, in some States, around January or February. I hope it picks up speed.
    In continental Europe, we're basically all lagging behind the 6 weeks or so the EU took to approve the vaccines, while the UK and US went for an emergency approval.

Maybe we will at least have less vaccination hesitancy than the US because of that process.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    In continental Europe, we're basically all lagging behind the 6 weeks or so the EU took to approve the vaccines, while the UK and US went for an emergency approval.

Maybe we will at least have less vaccination hesitancy than the US because of that process.
    As long as you don't have politicians telling people not to get vaccinated you should be fine. Over here, it's become less hesitancy and more rebellion. Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers all believe that doing anything the government tells them they should do is wrong and that the only correct information comes from conspiracy theorists on the internet.

Like the owners or that private school in Florida who believe the grift that Vaccines alter DNA and are contagious and can turn children into mutant monsters.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Some VERY Important News right here, one I been hoping to hear about for a long time to go with the Vaccine!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

That is great news, CJ! Thank you for posting this clip. This would be a cure if it continues as it is now! I know so many people who would rather take a pill than an injection. Covid-19 could possibly be wiped out in 2022!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I got vaccinated last week, and my booster is in the middle of May.

Can I be honest? I adhere to the Dan Le Batard Show philosophy that plenty of people are getting the vaccine just to brag on social media they got it for the clout. I mean, better they get it than not, but I'd rather people get it so we can not have to worry about COVID mutations and crap.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I got vaccinated last week, and my booster is in the middle of May.

Can I be honest? I adhere to the Dan Le Batard Show philosophy that plenty of people are getting the vaccine just to brag on social media they got it for the clout. I mean, better they get it than not, but I'd rather people get it so we can not have to worry about COVID mutations and crap.
    There is a new facebook frame going around - "I don't care if you've had your vaccine" to counter the whole "I'm vaccinated lolz" crap.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Smallpox ‘virus squads’ and the mandatory vaccinations upheld by the Supreme Court

E. Edwin Spencer had no way of knowing he would be making history that day when he knocked on Henning Jacobson’s door in Cambridge, Mass. All he knew was that smallpox was spreading in their city at the dawn of the 20th century, and as a doctor and the chairman of the board of health, it was his job to make sure all residents had been vaccinated against the deadly disease within the past five years.

Jacobson flatly refused to comply.

More than a century later, as millions of Americans get vaccinated voluntarily against the coronavirus and society starts to reopen, questions loom about how far businesses and government can go to ensure safety. Can airlines, concert venues and other businesses refuse service to anyone who chooses not to get vaccinated? The Biden administration has insisted there will be no national mandate, but it is still working with the private sector to create a vaccination passport or certification.
    Instead of paying the fine, Jacobson and a handful of other vaccine refusers appealed to a higher court, where they caught the attention and support of anti-vaccination societies. Those societies provided Jacobson with powerful attorneys, who argued the case all the way to the Supreme Court.

There had been a number of decisions in other state courts on compulsory vaccination laws, and they were all over the map. Some upheld the laws, some struck them down or placed limitations. Clearly, a national policy was needed.

The Supreme Court handed down its decision in February 1905; in a 7-2 opinion, Justice John Marshall Harlan — a former Kentucky enslaver who fought for the Union in the Civil War and wrote a blistering dissent against Plessy v. Ferguson — said public health could supersede individual rights:
    “[T]he liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States to every person within its jurisdiction does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly free from restraint. There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good.”

My dad got his second about 2 hours ago. A little light headed. Everyone says the second day is the day it makes you tired.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

As long as you don't have politicians telling people not to get vaccinated you should be fine. Over here, it's become less hesitancy and more rebellion. Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers all believe that doing anything the government tells them they should do is wrong and that the only correct information comes from conspiracy theorists on the internet.

Like the owners or that private school in Florida who believe the grift that Vaccines alter DNA and are contagious and can turn children into mutant monsters.
    If I had my way I would force everyone to get vaccinated whether they like it or not. A large part of the ICU's are filled with normal people who are not elderly and do not have any pre existing conditions.

I don't know why society has to be held hostage to irrational pee brains who believe in conspiracy theories & pseudoscience that have no basis in fact.

I can't wait until countries bring in vaccine passports, than they will have no other choice but to get Bill Gates microchip implanted in them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    If I had my way I would force everyone to get vaccinated whether they like it or not. A large part of the ICU's are filled with normal people who are not elderly and do not have any pre existing conditions.

I don't know why society has to be held hostage to irrational pee brains who believe in conspiracy theories & pseudoscience that have no basis in fact.

I can't wait until countries bring in vaccine passports, than they will have no other choice but to get Bill Gates microchip implanted in them.
    I agree with this statement

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My dad got his second about 2 hours ago. A little light headed. Everyone says the second day is the day it makes you tired.
    Aw, don't tell me that. I just got my vaccine, due to a cancellation, and I've got stuff to do tomorrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Aw, don't tell me that. I just got my vaccine, due to a cancellation, and I've got stuff to do tomorrow.
    I had a fever the day after I got the shot but I was normal afterwards. Just make sure to get pain medicine, and you should be fine.

That I've got.