Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Back when all this started, with the first lockdowns, some were concerned that if they left their homes and were not an "essential worker" they might be subject to arrest. While that might have been an intent of some of the more extreme politicians out there, in reality people weren't arrested that I know about. Where I live, the Sheriff Department outright said they weren't going to be enforcing the lockdown like that.

So I suspect the card will be similar. It will probably not be used by most places as a key to entry. Or at least, not enforced that way by peace officers. Some private places, I suspect, will use it as an excuse to bar people they don't want around anyhow - you know what I mean.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

New Hampshire now has over 50 percent of its population vaccinated. First state to do that. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    New Hampshire now has over 50 percent of its population vaccinated. First state to do that. Pretty cool.
    I thought New Mexico was at that level.

See How the Vaccine Rollout Is Going in Your County and State

Okay, NM is at around 45% at least one does. NH is at around 51%, which is very good. My state, NJ, is at only 41%, which isn't terrible, but it could be better.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

California has vaccinated the most people of any state (29 million!) but is at 38 percent. However most or all of those have been in the big cities and we are opening up again, probably be fully open by mid-June if reports are accurate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I thought New Mexico was at that level.

See How the Vaccine Rollout Is Going in Your County and State

Okay, NM is at around 45% at least one does. NH is at around 51%, which is very good. My state, NJ, is at only 41%, which isn't terrible, but it could be better.
    Yea NM was top dog for awhile but NH has passed them.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I agree with this, the movie theaters, the stage theaters, the spas, the brothels are all hurting, and it's hard to tell them: "Yeah, there are thousands of people out there now who are vaccinated and could safely use your establishments and save you from bankruptcy, but we don't want to hurt any feelings."
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I can appreciate that. Business small and large are closing. Most people have been negatively impacted financially.
    But here in America, we (I) do not want a Police State let alone a Police Nation where we are scrambling through the streets like Mutants under Sentinel Rule.
    I'm quietly confident there's a middle ground we can find between 'doing nothing' and 'police state'
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Retired

Years ago, my mother gave me the card she got for all my shots when I was a child--I must have it somewhere. Back when I first donated blood, I got a donor card that has my blood type on it. When I registered to be an organ donor, they didn't actually give a card--but the information is stored in their data bank and available to health care--a few years ago I checked to make sure it's still active and it is. When I was working in the hospital and went to work in the lab, where I had to handle hazardous materials, they gave me all kinds of shots and I got some kind of record of that--don't know where I put it. When I went to work at an organic food store, before I could work there I had to get shots for hepatitis. When I travelled abroad, I had to get shots for various diseases before I could travel. I don't see the hang up about people having a record of their COVID-19 status for the purposes of work and travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Exactly!

I'm quietly confident there's a middle ground we can find between 'doing nothing' and 'police state'
    I agree.

Except right now, even when fully vaccinated and immunized after the appropriate wait times, the government and leading scientists are not wanting people to be around crowds and certainly not maskless. All of the existing social distancing protocols are still in effect even for this group. So I do not see happening now, a play going on where actors need to be maskless. We still need to be cautious. Optimistically cautious. But perhaps soon....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Years ago, my mother gave me the card she got for all my shots when I was a child--I must have it somewhere. Back when I first donated blood, I got a donor card that has my blood type on it. When I registered to be an organ donor, they didn't actually give a card--but the information is stored in their data bank and available to health care--a few years ago I checked to make sure it's still active and it is. When I was working in the hospital and went to work in the lab, where I had to handle hazardous materials, they gave me all kinds of shots and I got some kind of record of that--don't know where I put it. When I went to work at an organic food store, before I could work there I had to get shots for hepatitis. When I travelled abroad, I had to get shots for various diseases before I could travel. I don't see the hang up about people having a record of their COVID-19 status for the purposes of work and travel.
    Internet conspiracy "theories" which really just means made up stuff people make up to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I remember having a, well it was like a little mini-booklet, like a tiny passport, containing information about the vaccines I received as a child. I think it may have gotten lost over time.

In processing for Basic Training, they had us line up and as we moved forward in the line there were medical personnel on both sides, each one would grab an arm and jab a needle in that contained vaccines for lord only knows what. I didn't receive that information, not sure if it's available, wish I did have it.

One year, when I was in college, I was required to get a vaccination for something, I can't remember what but I did remember being asked if I had gotten it already and not being able to say if I did or not.

It would have been nice to have a complete record of every vaccine that I ever got and when I got it. Might have come in handy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I'm glad, but we do have a pretty small population and land area. Lot of hospitals, and mostly owned by the same outfit, so probably easier to coordinate. Have my appointment for the first at the start of next month, but could have done it sooner if I wasn't lazy.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Ugh, not J&J, too. I was likely to get that one.

U.S. Calls for Pause on Johnson & Johnson Vaccine After Clotting Cases

The Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control will stop using the vaccine at federal sites and urge states to do so as well while they examine the safety issues.

All six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska has been hospitalized in critical condition.

Nearly seven million people in the United States have received Johnson & Johnson shots so far, and roughly nine million more doses have been shipped out to the states, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“We are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution,” Dr. Peter Marks, director of the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, and Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the C.D.C., said in a joint statement. “Right now, these adverse events appear to be extremely rare.”

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Ugh, not J&J, too. I was likely to get that one.

U.S. Calls for Pause on Johnson & Johnson Vaccine After Clotting Cases
    It is 6 cases out of 9 million.

ALL of the vaccines have risks and side effects, as people are more than want to state, even as with the next breath they tell everyone to get the jab.

Life is a risk with side effects.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Brazil on Sunday recorded 1,803 new COVID-19 deaths, as a large study found that a Chinese vaccine that has become the linchpin in the country’s vaccination campaign is 50.7% effective against the infectious new homegrown variant known as P1.

Brazil, which has in recent weeks become the global epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, saw over 37,000 new cases, the Health Ministry said on Sunday. With over 353,000 deaths, Latin America’s biggest country has the second highest coronavirus death toll in the world, after the United States.

The outbreak has recently reached its most severe phase due to a lack of federal restrictions, a patchy vaccine rollout and the P1 variant.

Sao Paulo’s Butantan biomedical institute, which tested and is now producing the CoronaVac vaccine developed by China’s Sinovac Biotech Ltd, said on Sunday a study it conducted found the shot had an efficacy rate of 50.7% against the P1 variant, and a less widespread strain known as P2.
    Reuters
    Gonna be a tough sell, too tough, when and if the efficiency of most immunizations become a coin flip.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Gonna be a tough sell, too tough, when and if the efficiency of most immunizations become a coin flip.
    If people who got the jab before this study came out took twice as many risks than before the vaccine, it did nothing to slow down the epidemic.