Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Retired

In B.C., it's still just people over 80 and exceptional cases that are getting the vaccine. Looking at the U.S.A. is like seeing into an alternate universe.

Just waiting around for my number to come up. My wife got her first and is getting her second tomorrow, because she qualifies as an educator. I thought about also calling myself an educator and going to wait in line, because honestly they aren't really checking from reports I've heard. But that would be cheating someone else out of their vaccine, so I'm waiting.

Its funny. When I was a kid they'd have these vaccination days at school where all of us were brought into the gym and vaccinated. They used these big vaccination guns. No idea what any of them were for! But you know, the whole thing seems pretty normal to me.

That said, I avoid the flu vaccine. The times I have gotten it, I ended up sicker for longer than any flu I'd ever had! YMMV obviously.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-18-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Here is going to be a major problem that everyone can see coming. There are many people who are not going to get this for whatever reason. They don't want it ect. They will continue to spread this all over the place and when the country opens up there will be many useless deaths and sickness. Its to bad.

My husband is eligible, but I'm running into problems getting him to get one. Among them is his wanting to investigate each Vaccine and choose one. Though, as I explained to him, he may not have a choice.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My husband is eligible, but I'm running into problems getting him to get one. Among them is his wanting to investigate each Vaccine and choose one. Though, as I explained to him, he may not have a choice.
    Quite true. This isn't like going into McDonalds and choosing something off the dollar menu, you take what's on the table....period. Like I've already said, when my turn comes around (whenever that happens), I won't give a damn which vaccine I get, as long as I get it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quite true. This isn't like going into McDonalds and choosing something off the dollar menu, you take what's on the table....period. Like I've already said, when my turn comes around (whenever that happens), I won't give a damn which vaccine I get, as long as I get it.
    I'd be wary of the Johnson & Johnson one though, as its effectiveness rate percentage was reported to be merely in the 60s as opposed to the 90s both Moderna's and Pfizer's respective vaccines reached.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I'd be wary of the Johnson & Johnson one though, as its effectiveness rate percentage was reported to be merely in the 60s as opposed to the 90s both Moderna's and Pfizer's respective vaccines reached.

The J&J has 100 percent effectiveness in keeping people out of the hospital or dying.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    The J&J has 100 percent effectiveness in keeping people out of the hospital or dying.
    That pretty much says it all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That pretty much says it all.
    And only 1 shot to boot.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Got my 2nd shot of Pfizer on 1/26 through my job (glorious state employee). Other than a little soreness after the 1st shot the next day, the whole operation took about 30 minutes? This is including having me sit for 10 minutes to make sure I had no side affects. 2nd shot was even easier with no arm soreness at all.

About half my coworkers refused the vaccine, even though it was all arranged by the job at no cost to us other than a little of our free time. After discussing why they refused, I couldn't follow their logic/explanations. Honestly, I can't be bothered trying to pretend to care anymore. Whatevs. I got mine so I'm good.
    ***UPDATE***

So now 100% of my coworkers have now gotten the shot. I bravely inquired as to why the change of heart, and got incomprehensible answers. Meh. I get the distinct impression they don't want to discuss their reasoning. Regardless, I applauded their decisions & as long as all my coworkers are vaccinated we're all good.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    ***UPDATE***

So now 100% of my coworkers have now gotten the shot. I bravely inquired as to why the change of heart, and got incomprehensible answers. Meh. I get the distinct impression they don't want to discuss their reasoning. Regardless, I applauded their decisions & as long as all my coworkers are vaccinated we're all good.
    Congrats! That must make you feel better.

COVID-19 might possibly become as common as influenza, but not nearly as dangerous or deadly, over time. There is no guarantee that we will ever be able to fully shake it, but we can reduce the risks through vaccinations.

Other strains will develop, as we get with the flu from year to year. I do wonder if this will be another yearly vaccine thing, as the virus evolves. Not looking forward to a life of yearly vaccines!

On the other hand, I really hope that many of the cleanliness practices we have seen develop over the past year stick around. In many cases I wondered why on earth we hadn't been doing some of that stuff all along.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Other strains will develop, as we get with the flu from year to year. I do wonder if this will be another yearly vaccine thing, as the virus evolves. Not looking forward to a life of yearly vaccines!

On the other hand, I really hope that many of the cleanliness practices we have seen develop over the past year stick around. In many cases I wondered why on earth we hadn't been doing some of that stuff all along.
    Yes, I believe it will be, whether every year or just when they detect that a mutation has occurred that allows for easier transmission and/or more deadly outcome.

Some people did do stringent cleaning practices, but not nearly like today. I have a friend who always carried cleaning wipes in her bag which she used to wipe down chairs, tables at restaurants, movie theatres, etc. She always said people were dirty.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I made an appointment to get my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine on Sunday! Really excited to get it done!!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.