Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In a perfect world, Trump would've been absolutely destroyed in the November election after his hamfisted and horrifically incompetent response to the virus, and yet, he got some 12 million MORE votes in 2020 than he had in 2016. Frightening.
    You call it frigtening, I call it excellent

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    You call it frigtening, I call it excellent
    Still supporting the criminal traitor huh?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Still supporting the criminal traitor huh?
    Well, he's not in jail and the impeachment process didn't go to trial, so...no not a criminal in the court of law. See, reading the politics board if voters were judged by just the politics thread, then Dems win every time. But as the last election showed not everyone thinks the same. Yeah Biden won and picked up votes. But Trump did too. The political system is a pendulum always swinging more right or left always but never succeeding trying to stay in the middle Once people get tired of Dem policies, they vote Red and vice versa. That's what makes politics interesting.

Actually, if you just poll for policies without labeling them Democrat or Republican, people always align with Democratic policies.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...ge-since-2019/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Getting back on track, my wife and I took our first doses last week and everything was fine. It was the Pfizer vaccine. My arm was sore for a couple of days but went away. Same for her. A little nervous about the second shot, but I'll try to prepare by drinking plenty of water.

Getting back on track, my wife and I took our first doses last week and everything was fine. It was the Pfizer vaccine. My arm was sore for a couple of days but went away. Same for her. A little nervous about the second shot, but I'll try to prepare by drinking plenty of water.
    Sounds like a good idea. Also consider expecting to spend a day or two at home, just in case. My husband and I got off easy, but I had those concerns in the back of my mind as we approached the day for our 2nd shot.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I had a little fatigue the day of my second shot. But I get that from my annual flu shot, so small discomfort for saving your life.

BANNED

I had me the Janssen Biotech/Johnson & Johnson 1-shot, didn't even feel soreness. Made me nervous for a few days, figuring it was going to hit hard any time. Been a week tomorrow, nothing yet. Lucky I guess.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Got a nice dose of Trump-free, German-Turkish BioNtech/Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Only had a little pain in my arm for a few hours which is mostly gone by now. Next dose in 6 weeks.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Got a nice dose of Trump-free, German-Turkish BioNtech/Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Only had a little pain in my arm for a few hours which is mostly gone by now. Next dose in 6 weeks.
    Six weeks? I also had the Pfizer vaccine but only had to wait three weeks between doses.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Six weeks? I also had the Pfizer vaccine but only had to wait three weeks between doses.
    I believe new research suggest that that vaccine does better with a couple of months between them. I have no idea why.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I believe new research suggest that that vaccine does better with a couple of months between them. I have no idea why.
    No, in this case it's a decision by my "Bundesland" (state) to use the existing limited vaccine doses for more first vaccinations because the first shot already provides some protection.

My Dolly Parton/Moderna shots were a month apart.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My Dolly Parton/Moderna shots were a month apart.
    Did the person who gave you the shot sing "9 To 5" or "Jolene"?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Did the person who gave you the shot sing "9 To 5" or "Jolene"?
    Here You Come Again.