Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Here You Come Again.
    Cool beans!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    No, in this case it's a decision by my "Bundesland" (state) to use the existing limited vaccine doses for more first vaccinations because the first shot already provides some protection.
    True, but not what I'm talking about. The last few days, I think it was Pizer suggested that waiting two to three months in between greatly improves protection. Like I said, I don't understand it, but it's what they're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    True, but not what I'm talking about. The last few days, I think it was Pizer suggested that waiting two to three months in between greatly improves protection. Like I said, I don't understand it, but it's what they're on about.
    Here, it's from a UK study. Interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...roves-immunity
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Is it a HIPAA violation for a business to ask for proof that you got a COVID vaccine?

Can a store deny you entry if you refuse to prove that you’re vaccinated? Can your employer?

Some have been quick to say that it would be a HIPAA violation to require proof of vaccination.

But they’re wrong in most cases, experts said.

HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), which was passed in 1996 and offers protection for a patient’s health information.
    The rule only applies to people in “covered entities,” which include health care providers and health insurance companies, said Timothy Ford, partner and member of the employment and litigation departments at Einhorn, Barbarito, Frost & Botwinick in Denville.

Most employers and businesses are not “covered entities,” Ford said.

“There is no law barring businesses from requesting vaccination cards or a vaccine passport before entering its place of business,” Ford said. “Certain industries, such as the travel industry — particularly the cruise lines — have indicated an intent to require proof of vaccination.”

Ford said legislation has been introduced in New Jersey and in other states to ban vaccine passports. If signed into law, there will probably be challenges based on constitutional grounds, he said.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Its intent was also to prevent people from being discriminated against if they have a preexisting condition. In a worldwide pandemic where your current condition can be a risk to the lives of others it makes sense to want to know who is vaccinated and how recently. The only reason to push back against this is to be a selfish person who wants to avoid taking the vaccine but pretend that they did so they also don't have to wear a mask. If anyone can think of a legitimate reason otherwise, a good logical reason and not "well I don't wanna" or "technically speaking I don't have to do X" by all means share it.

Cause "FREEDOM!!"

I swear, I see conservative friends on Facebook still more upset about mask mandates than 600,000 dead. This is just another stupid side show.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All-New Member

Trust the Vaccine from the people that first found a cure for Ebola, The Russians. Instead of the people who put Asbestos in baby powder and God knows what else.

No, it's no conspiracy. J&J or any U.S company isn't going to help you, Stick with The Gamaleya Center in the Russian Federation and go with the Sputnik Vaccine.

Good one comrade.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Here, it's from a UK study. Interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...roves-immunity
    This is just about people over 80, though. It's possible that their slower immune response is a factor.

Extraordinary Member

I don't see why there should be an issue here. If you are fully vaccinated, (like me), why not have some sort of proof, if for no other reason than common courtesy and consideration for other people? I just wish my card would fit into my wallet without folding.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Its intent was also to prevent people from being discriminated against if they have a preexisting condition. In a worldwide pandemic where your current condition can be a risk to the lives of others it makes sense to want to know who is vaccinated and how recently. The only reason to push back against this is to be a selfish person who wants to avoid taking the vaccine but pretend that they did so they also don't have to wear a mask. If anyone can think of a legitimate reason otherwise, a good logical reason and not "well I don't wanna" or "technically speaking I don't have to do X" by all means share it.
    Back in the 1980s when the AIDS epidemic was really bad, it was ruled to be illegal to ask people if they had it. Because - discrimination. What eventually happened with AIDS is that you still don't have to share that you have it, but if someone gets AIDS because of your own negligence then that person can sue you. I could see this follow a similar path, just because there is a chance those vaccine passports could definitely be abused.

What I'm really wondering about, though, is if anyone thinks a vaccine passport would be viable at all. If they are just talking about the vaccination card, well, they would be so easy to fake a child could do it.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-21-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Back in the 1980s when the AIDS epidemic was really bad, it was ruled to be illegal to ask people if they had it. Because - discrimination. What eventually happened with AIDS is that you still don't have to share that you have it, but if someone gets AIDS because of your own negligence then that person can sue you. I could see this follow a similar path, just because there is a chance those vaccine passports could definitely be abused.

What I'm really wondering about, though, is if anyone thinks a vaccine passport would be viable at all. If they are just talking about the vaccination card, well, they would be so easy to fake a child could do it.
    You cannot ask anyone about ANY medical condition, disease, or problem that they may have, as it is protected information. It is called a patient's right to privacy, and it is considered privileged information.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You cannot ask anyone about ANY medical condition, disease, or problem that they may have, as it is protected information. It is called a patient's right to privacy, and it is considered privileged information.
    Depends on country I guess. Don't think it's illegal in UK for a citizen to ask another, though doctors can't discuss another patient

I think in the US its illegal to ask, if the purpose of asking is to then withhold something that person has a right to. But I'm sure its legal to just ask someone else, they can just say no or none of your business. Even if its a doctor's office and there is some potential for harm or medical complication if a patient has a certain medical condition, people can still lie about it.

But if someone could be proven to have negligently transmitted COVID to another person? Not sure how that would legally play out.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-21-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.