Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewFieldhouse View Post
    Depends on country I guess. Don't think it's illegal in UK for a citizen to ask another, though doctors can't discuss another patient
    No it may be considered rude. "Hey, how's your hepatitis today? Oh, and your syphilis too? Say Hi to your wife by the way."
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Back in the 1980s when the AIDS epidemic was really bad, it was ruled to be illegal to ask people if they had it. Because - discrimination. What eventually happened with AIDS is that you still don't have to share that you have it, but if someone gets AIDS because of your own negligence then that person can sue you. I could see this follow a similar path, just because there is a chance those vaccine passports could definitely be abused.

What I'm really wondering about, though, is if anyone thinks a vaccine passport would be viable at all. If they are just talking about the vaccination card, well, they would be so easy to fake a child could do it.
    Main difference there is you could avoid AIDS (outside of early blood transfusions) by avoiding certain activities like sex or shared needles. Existing in the same space as someone is a much higher risk. There's a reason we had and continue to have shutdowns and limits on how many people can be in certain spaces. If you need to have a particular vaccine to travel to a different country I see no problem with implementing and requiring something similar for flights, cruises, or nearly anything else that involves packing a lot of people in a small space together.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You cannot ask anyone about ANY medical condition, disease, or problem that they may have, as it is protected information. It is called a patient's right to privacy, and it is considered privileged information.
    If there's reason to believe someone might be a threat to others then businesses and institutions are allowed to inquire about certain medical and mental health conditions. Whether you have diabetes or a heart condition probably isn't going impact someone sitting on a plane next to you (though you might want to volunteer that information in certain cases for your own benefit in case of an emergency). Potentially having a virus that has killed half a million Americans and counting is relevant information to your fellow citizens. And again, this is something that happens once in a hundred years (at least we hope, going forward). It's not another SARS or H1N1 or Bird Flu situation that flares up and then peters out. We could potentially be dealing with this for years, and there's already talk of taking booster vaccine shots on a yearly basis. We're dealing with it in real time while also trying not to kill the economy. Selfishness (or "rugged individualism" if you like) isn't a luxury we can afford right now.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You cannot ask anyone about ANY medical condition, disease, or problem that they may have, as it is protected information. It is called a patient's right to privacy, and it is considered privileged information.
    Vaccination status gets asked in lots of other situations. It's not covered by this, as being vaccinated is not an illness.

More power to ya all. Go for it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Vaccination status gets asked in lots of other situations. It's not covered by this, as being vaccinated is not an illness.
    I don't know why people have a problem understanding this. I know part of it is because the OTHER side is pushing misinformation at a never before seen rate. but vaccine records are a thing that's been going on for at least their entire lifetime.

I'm old enough to have received a smallpox vaccine as a child. I don't think I have a record of it, but I still have the scar on my upper arm. I read that immigrants coming to the US in the early days of smallpox vaccinations would have their arms inspected for the scar to determine if they had been vaccinated for smallpox or not.

Those who complain about vaccine passports and providing proof of vaccination, I just look at my arm, smile, and shrug. I wear one of my vaccinations with pride.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Scientists Question ‘Very Peculiar’ Sputnik V Results

Another concern cited in the open letter were mismatches in the number of volunteers reported throughout the trial and no explanation of why almost 14,000 screened volunteers were excluded from the study. “With such inconsistencies, we question the accuracy of the reported data,” the scientists said.

Denis Logunov, Gamaleya’s deputy research director, said: “Some of the volunteers were screened and had not yet been randomized at the time of the snapshot, and others were excluded according to the exclusion criteria or did not meet the inclusion criteria.”

Other numerical inconsistencies in the original study were the result of “simple typing errors,” he added.
    Shirley.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

The debate over natural cause versus from a lab (possibly accidental) is heating up regarding the origins of the Coronavirus.

---

Also, Moderna is on the verge of being approved for children.

Astonishing Member

Great news: Don’t wanna jinx anything, of course, but I think we’re getting quite close to ending this pandemic.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Yep. Anyone who has ever gone to college in the United States has had to submit their vaccination records. I had to trudge up my records when I decided to go back to Grad School, despite not actually living on campus. Sure, COVID vaccines are likely closer in vein to the flu shot than the meningitis shot or hepatitis and you often don't need to report your flu shot. But let's not pretend its without precedent.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It was two weeks ago today that I got my second shot (Pfizer). According to the CDC, that means I'm fully vaccinated, however, I plan to continue wearing masks in public, at least through the summer, for two reasons. One: an overabundance of caution since not everyone has been vaccinated; two: after over a year, I've gotten used to wearing masks in public, and I'm a sucker for routine.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It was two weeks ago today that I got my second shot (Pfizer). According to the CDC, that means I'm fully vaccinated, however, I plan to continue wearing masks in public, at least through the summer, for two reasons. One: an overabundance of caution since not everyone has been vaccinated; two: after over a year, I've gotten used to wearing masks in public, and I'm a sucker for routine.
    I don't often wear masks outdoors anymore, mostly because I am fully vaccinated and because I live in a town small enough to rarely have more than a handful of people on the streets at any one time. I do wear masks when I go into public buildings, like stores, and I wear them on the streets if I am going into an area where there might be more people.

I recently went to a nearby larger city and noticed how most people on the streets were wearing masks, so I put mine on before I got out of my car. I might not have needed to, but I felt it was the right thing to do.

My only regret about masks is that I never found a mask that I really liked. I see journalists on TV wearing really nice masks and I wish I could ask them where they got their masks from.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Moderna says its Covid vaccine is 100% effective in teens, plans to seek FDA OK in early June!

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/covi...k-in-june.html
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

This is pretty despicable:

Influencers say Russia-linked PR agency asked them to disparage Pfizer vaccine

Fazze offered money to YouTubers and bloggers to falsely claim jab was responsible for hundreds of deaths