Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

I tried to make an appointment for my husband and I got a message saying that there was nothing available within a 50-mile radius of my location. I keep hearing about people getting COVID vaccines, but it is starting to feel like a lottery where you keep trying and never win.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I got my first does of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I tried to make an appointment for my husband and I got a message saying that there was nothing available within a 50-mile radius of my location. I keep hearing about people getting COVID vaccines, but it is starting to feel like a lottery where you keep trying and never win.
    In my area it was easy. My lady and I made an appointment at a local CVS and when we got there they just asked for our ID's and insurance card and we got the shot. Best of luck to you, I hope everyone gets the vaccine soon. We can put this pandemic behind us!!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I get part deux on Friday.

Here in Indiana they've opened up to 40+, I wonder what it will take before people begin (or have already done) crossing state lines to get vaccinated.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine earlier this month (I got it through my job, as otherwise I'm too young to get it). I only had a sore arm the next day. My second shot is next week, thankfully it's before my days off, because I hear more people have side effects after the second one, so I'm preparing just in case.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I have high hopes for the Curevac vaccine and hope it will be on the market soon. It's been in phase III trials since December.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CureVac_COVID-19_vaccine

It's mRNA, but much easier to administer via personal physicians, country doctors etc:

The CureVac technology for CVnCoV uses a non-modified, more natural mRNA less affected by hydrolysis, enabling storage at 5 °C (41 °F) and relatively simplified cold chain requirements that facilitate up to three months of storage and distribution to world regions that do not have specialized ultracold equipment.[

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I got my first does of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday!
    Nice. Any soreness in the arm? Got soreness for 2 days. 2nd shot felt nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine earlier this month (I got it through my job, as otherwise I'm too young to get it). I only had a sore arm the next day. My second shot is next week, thankfully it's before my days off, because I hear more people have side effects after the second one, so I'm preparing just in case.
    Got the Pfizer shot & did get the soreness as well. 2nd shot--nothing & no other effects at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Nice. Any soreness in the arm? Got soreness for 2 days. 2nd shot felt nothing.
    Yeah, my arm was quite sore for a day but feels a lot better now, 2 days later!

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Yeah, my arm was quite sore for a day but feels a lot better now, 2 days later!
    I did recently get a Tetanus Booster shot, and my arm was sore in that spot for several days. Not surprised that a COVID vaccine might do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I did recently get a Tetanus Booster shot, and my arm was sore in that spot for several days. Not surprised that a COVID vaccine might do something similar.
    I think it’s a well known side effect of many (most?) vaccines.

Certainly a side effect of the Astra Zeneca jab I had (I looked at the leaflet...I had “full set” of the side effects for a couple of days. It won’t stop me getting second dose.)

The big news in UK on vaccines is that EU is contemplating an export ban.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I think it’s a well known side effect of many (most?) vaccines.

Certainly a side effect of the Astra Zeneca jab I had (I looked at the leaflet...I had “full set” of the side effects for a couple of days. It won’t stop me getting second dose.)

The big news in UK on vaccines is that EU is contemplating an export ban.
    Do you think things would have gone smoother if there had been no Brexet?

I get my first shot in 90 minutes. I landed in a lucky group through my medical facility and they offered me an appointment, but in Massachusetts, the appointments go quickly. I just made an age grouping and my job also made it onto this round as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I get my first shot in 90 minutes. I landed in a lucky group through my medical facility and they offered me an appointment, but in Massachusetts, the appointments go quickly. I just made an age grouping and my job also made it onto this round as well.
    It seems like NJ just doesn't have enough vaccine to go around. There are places to get the vaccine, only none of them have available appointments and the State seems to be stuck at level 1A.

I think what helped me get ahead of the line was the fact that there are a lot of Trumper vaccine skeptics in this area and the Pharmacies seem willing to give it to anyone that signs up online and brings their photo i.d and insurance card.