Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Do you think things would have gone smoother if there had been no Brexet?
    Smoother certainly.

But paradoxically the overall situation might well have been worse...fewer vaccine doses might have been available.

Because UK was exiting the EU made it easier for UK to act outside the general EU vaccine program. The UK decided to throw a lot of money into their solo program, placed big orders 3 months before EU joint initiative placed any orders, and paid “over the odds” to help some of the big pharmaceutical companies to develop some of the key vaccines in the first place.

The EU placed orders more slowly and negotiated lower prices.

I think without Brexit and UK’s independent approach some of the key vaccines would have been developed more slowly..certainly the Astra Zeneca.

I think it’s probably a Brexit success (plenty of stuff on other side of balance sheet obviously!). But yes...things would in general be smoother if UK still in EU. But we’re out now, time to move on in a spirit of co-operation.

I got my first shot of Moderna. I am scheduled for another in four weeks. I do feel a bit of pain in my shoulder and surprisingly slept from 5 pm through about 2 am. Does that sound like the exhaustion side effect mentioned?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I think the biggest mistake the EU made was not going for an emergency approval of the vaccines, something the US and UK did, but going through the usual, several weeks long process every medication goes through.

It seems they were so afraid of people not trusting the vaccine that they let people die over it.

After a lot of trying these last few weeks I at last got my dad on a waiting list for the vaccine. They took his info and I got all the documentation ready. They do three days a week giving the shots so she said I should get a call for him in about two weeks.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    After a lot of trying these last few weeks I at last got my dad on a waiting list for the vaccine. They took his info and I got all the documentation ready. They do three days a week giving the shots so she said I should get a call for him in about two weeks.
    I hope it goes well.

On my end, it looks like my husband does have a bit of vaccine hesitancy. So, yeah, as much as I want him to get his first since he is eligible in NJ and I'm not, yet, I suspect that he will wait until I get mine first. Let me be the guinea pig.

This despite the fact we were invited last year to participate in a vaccine trial and seriously considered doing it. But after some discussion decided against it for reasonable reasons.

NJ has had three months to vaccinate front-line workers, medical professionals, older people, especially those in nursing homes, and others who are at more immediate risk. I think it's time to start opening the eligibility requirements up to more people, though the biggest problem here is the lack of vaccines or poor distribution or them.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-26-2021 at 08:42 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

edited on purpose.

Astonishing Member

I hope it goes well.

On my end, it looks like my husband does have a bit of vaccine hesitancy. So, yeah, as much as I want him to get his first since he is eligible in NJ and I'm not, yet, I suspect that he will wait until I get mine first. Let me be the guinea pig.

This despite the fact we were invited last year to participate in a vaccine trial and seriously considered doing it. But after some discussion decided against it for reasonable reasons.

NJ has had three months to vaccinate front-line workers, medical professionals, older people, especially those in nursing homes, and others who are at more immediate risk. I think it's time to start opening the eligibility requirements up to more people, though the biggest problem here is the lack of vaccines or poor distribution or them.
    Its sad. New Jersey has the highest per capita death rate in the country from this stuff. You guys are approaching 3 in every 100 people in the state dying from this. Thats is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Its sad. New Jersey has the highest per capita death rate in the country from this stuff. You guys are approaching 3 in every 100 people in the state dying from this. Thats is crazy.
    Yes.

I believe NJ is the smallest state with the most amount of people all jammed in, more even than in CA or TX which are 2 of the biggest states and much bigger than NJ.

NJ politics are wack as I heard they have something like 762 municipalities, the left hand not knowing what the right does and it is broken into way too many communities.

This is what I hear Tammi. Is it all true?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes.

I believe NJ is the smallest state with the most amount of people all jammed in, more even than in CA or TX which are 2 of the biggest states and much bigger than NJ.

NJ politics are wack as I heard they have something like 762 municipalities, the left hand not knowing what the right does and it is broken into way too many communities.

Yes NJ is the most densely populated state. Technically DC is more densely populated but since that is not a state, it doesnt count.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes.

It's dense, not everywhere, not in the northwest and not so much in the far south, but everywhere else yes. Reports have said that 1 in 5 people have been vaccinated, but when you take how many people live in the state we are still a long way to go. I think the major cities and denser counties are getting a lot of attention, the outer suburbs and rural areas not so much so.

The governor did announce that the state was getting more vaccines next month and that the eligibility age was being dropped to 55 instead of 65. Maybe that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I got my first shot of Moderna. I am scheduled for another in four weeks. I do feel a bit of pain in my shoulder and surprisingly slept from 5 pm through about 2 am. Does that sound like the exhaustion side effect mentioned?
    My wife had no reaction to the first shot, but on the second shot she slept for a while. Next day she was fine. Reactions really vary.

Looks like I'm getting my first shot next week some time. California finally opened things up for my age group.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    My wife had no reaction to the first shot, but on the second shot she slept for a while. Next day she was fine. Reactions really vary.

Looks like I'm getting my first shot next week some time. California finally opened things up for my age group.
    My first day back to work after the shot was extra tiring as well. We'dd see how that goes in the next few days. Conversely I've heard of folks complaining big about the pain in the arm at the site, but I only felt a little discomfort for a couple of days. But this was the first shot. The reaction to the second shot remains to be seen. By the way, have any super-powers kicked in with this? I'm kinda excited about the possibility.

My first day back to work after the shot was extra tiring as well. We'dd see how that goes in the next few days. Conversely I've heard of folks complaining big about the pain in the arm at the site, but I only felt a little discomfort for a couple of days. But this was the first shot. The reaction to the second shot remains to be seen. By the way, have any super-powers kicked in with this? I'm kinda excited about the possibility.
    The only thing I heard is the possibility of gaining Super-Immunity, to COVID.

If the mutants start popping up among the Human Race [X-Men, MHA, etc.] then I'll be surprised.

Yeah, it has been just a little too quiet on this point. I think there have been some powers developed, but folks are keeping it quiet.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The only thing I heard is the possibility of gaining Super-Immunity, to COVID.

If the mutants start popping up among the Human Race [X-Men, MHA, etc.] then I'll be surprised.
    That would be rather cool. I can't wait until my turn comes to get a shot to see if I become a member of Homo Superior.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!