Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

BREAKING: Lead Florida GOP Senator, Manny Diaz calls for a review of all vaccine mandates, including polio, mumps, and rubella.

Just when you thought the state of affairs in Florida could not get any worse.
    Twitter Link

If Diaz really does want to eliminate all vaccine mandates in Florida, then I'd urge anyone in that state with children to start looking for a new place to live.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

If Diaz really does want to eliminate all vaccine mandates in Florida, then I'd urge anyone in that state with children to start looking for a new place to live.
    How do people like this get elected?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How do people like this get elected?
    I imagine the effects of tribalism are heavier in rural areas. Inna city, if you get ostracized you can ways find new people, in a town where everyone knows each other that isn't so easy.
    Dark does not mean deep.

As Angela Merkel retires soon there is an interesting article in the Telegraph on her contribution to public life.

One stunning decision she made back in 2015 was to allow 1.3 million Syrian migrants into Germany in one fell swoop….it seemed so out of character, so different to her usual pragmatic, consensual,approach.

It certainly didn’t seem very popular in Germany at the time. But…it looks like the long term consequences of the act will be positive, and perhaps it will come to be regarded as the single most important act she did in her long, successful career.

A daily pill to treat COVID could be just months away, scientists say

Within a day of testing positive for COVID-19 in June, Miranda Kelly was sick enough to be scared. At 44, with diabetes and high blood pressure, Kelly, a certified nursing assistant, was having trouble breathing, symptoms serious enough to send her to the emergency room.

When her husband, Joe, 46, fell ill with the virus, too, she really got worried, especially about their five teenagers at home: “I thought, ‘I hope to God we don’t wind up on ventilators. We have children. Who’s going to raise these kids?”

But the Kellys, who live in Seattle, had agreed just after their diagnoses to join a clinical trial at the nearby Fred Hutch cancer research center that’s part of an international effort to test an antiviral treatment that could halt COVID early in its course.

By the next day, the couple were taking four pills, twice a day. Though they weren’t told whether they had received an active medication or placebo, within a week, they said, their symptoms were better. Within two weeks, they had recovered.
    “I don’t know if we got the treatment, but I kind of feel like we did,” Miranda Kelly said. “To have all these underlying conditions, I felt like the recovery was very quick.”

The Kellys have a role in developing what could be the world’s next chance to thwart COVID: a short-term regimen of daily pills that can fight the virus early after diagnosis and conceivably prevent symptoms from developing after exposure.

“Oral antivirals have the potential to not only curtail the duration of one’s COVID-19 syndrome, but also have the potential to limit transmission to people in your household if you are sick,” said Timothy Sheahan, a virologist at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill who has helped pioneer these therapies.

'Vigilante treatments': Anti-vaccine groups push people to leave ICUs

Anti-vaccine Facebook groups have a new message for their community members: Don’t go to the emergency room, and get your loved ones out of intensive care units.

Consumed by conspiracy theories claiming that doctors are preventing unvaccinated patients from receiving miracle cures or are even killing them on purpose, some people in anti-vaccine and pro-ivermectin Facebook groups are telling those with Covid-19 to stay away from hospitals and instead try increasingly dangerous at-home treatments, according to posts seen by NBC News over the past few weeks.

The messages represent an escalation in the mistrust of medical professionals in groups that have sprung up in recent months on social media platforms, which have tried to crack down on Covid misinformation. And it’s something that some doctors say they’re seeing manifest in their hospitals as they have filled up because of the most recent delta variant wave.
    “We were down to four Covid patients two months ago. In this surge, we’ve had 40 to 50 patients with Covid on four different ICU services, 97 percent of them unvaccinated,” said Wes Ely, an ICU doctor and professor of medicine at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. “We were making headway, and now we’re just losing really, really badly. There’s something that’s happening on the internet, and it’s dramatically increasing steam.”

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't like to wish ill on anyone...but at this point, if these people are really this dumb maybe it is for the best for everyone that they leave the ICUs and don't seek medical treatment.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't like to wish ill on anyone...but at this point, if these people are really this dumb maybe it is for the best for everyone that they leave the ICUs and don't seek medical treatment.
    Not to worry, I'll wish all kinds of ill on these morons. If anti-vaxxers want to play chicken with the Grim Reaper by leaving hospitals, or not going to them at all, then have at it, folks! That suicidal idiocy frees up ICU beds for patients who need them most, including those suffering from non-virus related health conditions.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not to worry, I'll wish all kinds of ill on these morons. If anti-vaxxers want to play chicken with the Grim Reaper by leaving hospitals, or not going to them at all, then have at it, folks! That suicidal idiocy frees up ICU beds for patients who need them most, including those suffering from non-virus related health conditions.
    These mouth-breathers love to ****-talk like the Old Orange Bastard but don't have the balls to walk their disease ridden behinds out of the ICU. Sill hoping to see them earn their Herman Cain Awards someday...soon!

BANNED

Curious about the feelings of posters on the recent surge in anti-vaxer sentiment among NBA players? Any concern their high profile and celebrity status might fuel anti-vax sentiment among the fanbase?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Curious about the feelings of posters on the recent surge in anti-vaxer sentiment among NBA players? Any concern their high profile and celebrity status might fuel anti-vax sentiment among the fanbase?
    You make a good point. I still don't know why some of the players don't want the vaccine ?
    This pandemic should have ended by now, if everyone had done their part.
    It's sad that it's going to go on probably another year.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

So Final Some Starting Good News on the Rate of Covid Cases finally starting to go down since Delta began, This is now the 2nd week of cases going down!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Hell yeah it will! These selfish and stupid idiots will only fuel more cases among NBA fans in particular and the public at large and will only keep the virus going. Damned frustrating!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    So Final Some Starting Good News on the Rate of Covid Cases finally starting to go down since Delta began, This is now the 2nd week of cases going down!

I had not heard the case numbers where going down, despite trying to find out this info. I was getting afraid with Autumn here that the numbers might start going up more.
    Thank you CJ!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Many of the headlines about health workers quitting are very misleading - the big one making rounds over a hospital losing 170+ people leaves out the important detail that it is out of 35000. It's a hospital system at that point, not a single building like the headlines makes it sound like.
    Dark does not mean deep.