Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Many of the headlines about health workers quitting are very misleading - the big one making rounds over a hospital losing 170+ people leaves out the important detail that it is out of 35000. It's a hospital system at that point, not a single building like the headlines makes it sound like.
    I understand that those "shown the door" are not going to get unemployment for their stance. How unfortunate.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The cynic in me suggests one reason Brand became an anti-vaxxer was to gain an audience he lost from not having been seen in movies for goodness knows when. The fact it appears he's monetized his videos makes what he's doing even more scummy, because he's cashing in on misinformation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I had not heard the case numbers where going down, despite trying to find out this info. I was getting afraid with Autumn here that the numbers might start going up more.
    Thank you CJ!
    It's early yet. We'll see mid-November.

Anyway...

Convinced a guy, yesterday, to get vaxxed. He wanted to go clubbing, but a vax or negative test was required. All I had to do was tell him that vaxxes are FREE, and Walgreen's is practically taking walk-ups (appointments, but only 30 minutes ahead of time). He jumped at the chance, scheduled his vax, and confessed that he'd only waited so long because of procrastination. Nothing political. Nothing religious.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

Anyway...

Convinced a guy, yesterday, to get vaxxed. He wanted to go clubbing, but a vax or negative test was required. All I had to do was tell him that vaxxes are FREE, and Walgreen's is practically taking walk-ups (appointments, but only 30 minutes ahead of time). He jumped at the chance, scheduled his vax, and confessed that he'd only waited so long because of procrastination. Nothing political. Nothing religious.
    Yes, I know, but that gave me some info that at least for now, the numbers were not continuing to surge. This Autumn and Winter could be tricky, with greater and longer cold forecasted for much of the country (meaning more people will congregate indoors for longer periods of time..........

Good job in getting someone vaccinated!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The cynic in me suggests one reason Brand became an anti-vaxxer was to gain an audience he lost from not having been seen in movies for goodness knows when. The fact it appears he's monetized his videos makes what he's doing even more scummy, because he's cashing in on misinformation.
    It really seems that way, it's pretty much click bate in that he gives air time to conspiracies while at the same time saying, "I don't personally say don't take the vax, I'm just not telling people to do so either."

On a separate note, the push back I've seen on Fauci's comments on there being very few legitimate religious exemptions to the vaccine mandate is hilarious. His comment is unequivocally true: the Pope says its your Catholic duty to get vaccinated, the Rabbinical College in Israel says medicine is a gift from God and that getting vaccinated is sharing that gift, The Archbishop of Canterbury says there's nothing more Christian than getting vaccinated, the American National Evangelical Association says God wants us to be healthy and get vaccinated, the Leadership of the Church of Latter Day Saints says vaccinations are good, the National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA and the Lutheran World Federation both urge their flocks to get vaccinated, The Hindu American Foundation says to get vaccinated, the Dalai Lama says getting vaccinated is good for everyone, the Imams of America say to vaccinated...

What other faiths are out there? That's pretty much all the major denominations in the US and they all say to get vaccinated. So how is the statement that there are few legitimate religious reasons wrong?

It's laughable.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-03-2021 at 04:57 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

Anyway...

Well done. That's one more person who's now protected himself from the virus. I wonder how many others out there haven't gotten the shot for no other reason than simple procrastination?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    On a separate note, the push back I've seen on Fauci's comments on there being very few legitimate religious exemptions to the vaccine mandate is hilarious. His comment is unequivocally true: the Pope says its your Catholic duty to get vaccinated, the Rabbinical College in Israel says medicine is a gift from God and that getting vaccinated is sharing that gift, The Archbishop of Canterbury says there's nothing more Christian than getting vaccinated, the American National Evangelical Association says God wants us to be healthy and get vaccinated, the Leadership of the Church of Latter Day Saints says vaccinations are good, the National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA and the Lutheran World Federation both urge their flocks to get vaccinated, The Hindu American Foundation says to get vaccinated, the Dalai Lama says getting vaccinated is good for everyone, the Imams of America say to vaccinated...

What other faiths are out there? That's pretty much all the major denominations in the US and they all say to get vaccinated. So how is the statement that there are few legitimate religious reasons wrong?

It's laughable.
    It sure is. Perhaps those fervent anti-vaxxers resisting due to religious exemptions belong to the Church of Trump of the Church of the Qpublican Party.

Extraordinary Member

Just to point out it's now flu season, and it's supposed to be a beast. I just got that one yesterday so I don't get that and a breakthrough covid at the same time. Or at least get both at a reduced strength. Absolutely painless with no side effects at all for me.

I can't yet legally get my third Moderna, but I expect that will change soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Just to point out it's now flu season, and it's supposed to be a beast. I just got that one yesterday so I don't get that and a breakthrough covid at the same time. Or at least get both at a reduced strength. Absolutely painless with no side effects at all for me.

I can't yet legally get my third Moderna, but I expect that will change soonish.
    I usually get my flu shot in early January when I undergo my annual checkup. Why January? It's my birthday month, and what better present than a clean bill of health. I've also heard the news about this being a bad flu season, so perhaps I'll get my shot early.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I usually get my flu shot in early January when I undergo my annual checkup. Why January? It's my birthday month, and what better present than a clean bill of health. I've also heard the news about this being a bad flu season, so perhaps I'll get my shot early.
    Usual advice in UK is to have it about now, before the cold weather starts.

A fair number of friends are slightly reluctant to have booster jab for Covid and flu jab really close together. Not an option in my case anyway, thd flu jab is the morrow, and booster Covid jab not due for a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Usual advice in UK is to have it about now, before the cold weather starts.

A fair number of friends are slightly reluctant to have booster jab for Covid and flu jab really close together. Not an option in my case anyway, thd flu jab is the morrow, and booster Covid jab not due for a couple of months.
    I got the Pfizer vaccine in early May, and the recommendations was for a booster shot after eight months, so that'll be sometime in December, if it's been authorized for everyone who isn't 65 and older or has health risks.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

I'm the same. Got my flu shot last week, and waiting on news about the Moderna booster. My husband is eager to get a booster shot, but he hasn't gotten the flu shot yet. He promised he'd get one soon.

A ‘Historic Event’: First Malaria Vaccine Approved by W.H.O.

The world has gained a new weapon in the war on malaria, among the oldest known and deadliest of infectious diseases: the first vaccine shown to help prevent the disease. By one estimate, it will save tens of thousands of children each year.

Malaria kills about half a million people each year, nearly all of them in sub-Saharan Africa — including 260,000 children under 5. The new vaccine, made by GlaxoSmithKline, rouses a child’s immune system to thwart Plasmodium falciparum, the deadliest of five malaria pathogens and the most prevalent in Africa.

The World Health Organization on Wednesday endorsed the vaccine, the first step in a process that should lead to wide distribution in poor countries. To have a malaria vaccine that is safe, moderately effective and ready for distribution is “a historic event,” said Dr. Pedro Alonso, director of the W.H.O.’s global malaria program.

Malaria is rare in the developed world. There are just 2,000 cases in the United States each year, mostly among travelers returning from countries in which the disease is endemic.
    The vaccine, called Mosquirix, is not just a first for malaria — it is the first developed for any parasitic disease. Parasites are much more complex than viruses or bacteria, and the quest for a malaria vaccine has been underway for a hundred years.

“It’s a huge jump from the science perspective to have a first-generation vaccine against a human parasite,” Dr. Alonso said.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I know, but that gave me some info that at least for now, the numbers were not continuing to surge. This Autumn and Winter could be tricky, with greater and longer cold forecasted for much of the country (meaning more people will congregate indoors for longer periods of time..........

Good job in getting someone vaccinated!
    The Good News is that it Continues each week so far and we can only pray it continues in the right directions, here is the weekly update for the trend and it is still heading in the right direction!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Thank you CJ.

It is terrific to hear the news of continuing decline in cases.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!