Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    They are not concerned. Look at the infrastructure bill. We just keep piling that debt selfishly and our kids, children's kids or something like that will have to suffer for our greed.
    Are you aware of how much of our debt is due to the Trump and Bush Tax Cuts? So who is really greedy here? People with millions and billions who want more, or people who want to drive on safe roads and bridges? And I assume you are okay with the underfunded, crumbling infrastructure the way it is now? BTW the current Bill is way too small to do what is needed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Seems like this particular study was focused on the uninfected, which would be great news if the reduced risk really is that high. Not perfect of course, but good.

"In a Monday news release, the pharmaceutical company said a new analysis of results from the Phase 3 clinical trial found that a single dose of its REGEN-COV monoclonal antibody treatment reduced uninfected participants’ risk of contracting symptomatic COVID-19 by 81.6% from two to eight months after administration, up from 81.4% after one month."
    Do we know if this treatment is safe for immune compromised people?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Do we know if this treatment is safe for immune compromised people?
    Looks like it is. Here's a link to the press release today and quote below from the director of the Institute for Global Health and Infectious Diseases at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill:
    https://investor.regeneron.com/news-...asirivimab-and

"These results demonstrate that REGEN-COV has the potential to provide long-lasting immunity from SARS-CoV-2 infection, a result particularly important to those who do not respond to COVID-19 vaccines including people who are immunocompromised."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Apparently, 6 year old Big Bird has been pro-vax since the 1970s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A8kqY7SNFU

Edit: And Elmo's dad was vaccinated from COVID. Don't remember republicans whining about this. I guess no one told them about it when it came out .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8B1_ai80_M

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Are you aware of how much of our debt is due to the Trump and Bush Tax Cuts? So who is really greedy here? People with millions and billions who want more, or people who want to drive on safe roads and bridges? And I assume you are okay with the underfunded, crumbling infrastructure the way it is now? BTW the current Bill is way too small to do what is needed.
    I know how much he spent. I said our greed. Not one sides greed. Also I'm sure its not all about infrastructure. It's like having a no lynching bill and saying how could you be against that but there are also lots of other components to it.

we need to live in the present and that means not blame everything on Trump. Its crazy but Biden has the power now.
    Last edited by Kid Devil; 11-08-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Looks like it is. Here's a link to the press release today and quote below from the director of the Institute for Global Health and Infectious Diseases at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill:
    https://investor.regeneron.com/news-...asirivimab-and

"These results demonstrate that REGEN-COV has the potential to provide long-lasting immunity from SARS-CoV-2 infection, a result particularly important to those who do not respond to COVID-19 vaccines including people who are immunocompromised."
    That is a very good thing. They are particularly vulnerable.

I know how much he spent. I said our greed. Not one sides greed. Also I'm sure its not all about infrastructure. It's like having a no lynching bill and saying how could you be against that but there are also lots of other components to it.

we need to live in the present and that means not blame everything on Trump. Its crazy but Biden has the power now.
    I am blaming Trump for giving a huge tax break to the wealthiest, and crediting Biden with a much needed infrastructure bill. Trump talked inferior four years and never offered a Bill. If you want to talk greed and waste, we can look at Military spending.

Also infrastructure is more than just highways.

If you are that certain?

Come up with a detailed list.

Otherwise?

This will be one of the few times that those kids you are so worried about will have newly updated infrastructure to show for the debt.

That is easily better than the debt they will shoulder because Trump handed a tax cut to the rich and flubbed a pandemic response.

That should not even need to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are that certain?

Come up with a detailed list.

Otherwise?

This will be one of the few times that those kids you are so worried about will have newly updated infrastructure to show for the debt.

That is easily better than the debt they will shoulder because Trump handed a tax cut to the rich and flubbed a pandemic response.

That should not even need to be said.
    Plus the Trump tax cuts were structured in such a way that for the middle and working class they not only expire, but transform into tax increases eventually (starting with the next returns we will be filing for the lowest earners) while the rich were given permanent ones.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

Edit: And Elmo's dad was vaccinated from COVID. Don't remember republicans whining about this. I guess no one told them about it when it came out .

Nice finds.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

Gonzo and Pepe got the shot too, it's pretty sad that puppets are smarter than some people.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It's sad that what used to be considered a nice way to help kids overcome their fear of needles in order to get a necessary medical procedure is now considered political.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    It's sad that what used to be considered a nice way to help kids overcome their fear of needles in order to get a necessary medical procedure is now considered political.
    It didn't have to be, and it shouldn't be.

These are the kinds of people who, if living in Pompeii in AD 79, would hear and feel the ground rumble and see the sky darken, and tell everyone, "It's a conspiracy to take away my rights to live right next to a volcano." and "Don't listen to the experts, just drink more wine (that I'm invested in and will profit from) and go back to your normal routine. (while secretly acquiring a boat to sail away in)"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It didn't have to be, and it shouldn't be.

These are the kinds of people who, if living in Pompeii in AD 79, would hear and feel the ground rumble and see the sky darken, and tell everyone, "It's a conspiracy to take away my rights to live right next to a volcano." and "Don't listen to the experts, just drink more wine (that I'm invested in and will profit from) and go back to your normal routine. (while secretly acquiring a boat to sail away in)"
    It didn't have to be for sure, but it's predictable that it did and it isn't surprising that it has continued. Predictable because if the Right admitted that science could be trusted and that you should listen to those who are better educated then the Right would be worried that people would start doing that more often and realize that their interests aren't best served by the Right's agenda. And at this point it's unsurprising that the Right's tune hasn't changed because again there is the fear that if they admit they were wrong here they are rightfully afraid that people will start to question if the Right is wrong about other issues too.
    It's a vicious circle.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

We have people like Mitch McConnell say they stop legislation that helps people because once people get the benefits they like, they will vote for Democrats. So the only way to hold power is to stop anything that helps. You see this with the opposition to the Infrastructure and anything else Biden wants to do. If it is good, they oppose it.