Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    In my case, that was a special site set up early on, before they had CVS and the others doing that, at least where I am. I don't think it's up as a vaccine site any more, plus, it's pretty far away and through some terrible traffic. So I think I'll try someplace closer.
    In your case, it's perfectly understandable. I think it's okay to mix and match vaccines, so getting something different from what you originally received isn't likely to make a difference.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Thank you. Sounds fine, then, not too hard at all. And all I really want from one is to extend that protection, so I'm not harboring any false expectations about what it can or can't do.
    Got by Moderna booster today at Walgreens. I now have the proportional strength of the Coronavoirus.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Got by Moderna booster today at Walgreens. I now have the proportional strength of the Coronavoirus.
    It's kind of crazy when you think about it. People like us are not only vaccinated. but now we have the Booster shot. While there are still many out there who refuse to get vaccinated. It's like we are leaving them behind, standing in the dust, as the world speeds past them.

In a depressing note, it certainly looks like COVID vaccines are going to become a way of life, as the virus has jumped species again. It's apparently become endemic in North American white tailed deer, creating a breeding ground for it to periodically jump back into the human population - even if someone could snap their fingers and vaccinate the entire population in an instant.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In a depressing note, it certainly looks like COVID vaccines are going to become a way of life, as the virus has jumped species again. It's apparently become endemic in North American white tailed deer, creating a breeding ground for it to periodically jump back into the human population - even if someone could snap their fingers and vaccinate the entire population in an instant.
    That White Deer spread is bad news.

But most people I talk to in UK have assumed for sometime now that COVID is endemic, that it will adapt and that vaccinations against it (certainly for vulnerable categories of people) will carry on endlessly into the future, just like the Winter Flu jab.

Basically the best most Brits hope for is that the common future variants will become less deadly…after all killing the host doesn’t help the virus in the long run.

Really…I don’t think our UK government made a really determined effort to totally wip out the virus at any point. I don’t think most Western governments have.

Vienna brothel offers customers 30 minutes with 'lady of their choice' in exchange for coronavirus jab
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...s-jab-12464616

A brothel in Vienna is providing COVID-19 vaccinations and giving those who take up the offer vouchers for a free visit.

Fun Palast is hoping to increase vaccination rates, as well as client numbers which have dropped because of the pandemic, according to Mail Online.
    In exchange for a jab, visitors get a free 30-minute session in a "sauna club" with the "lady of their choice".

Vaccination uptake levels in Austria are among the worst in western Europe leading the government to introduce tighter restrictions.
    Roughly 64% of Austria's population is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those who are unjabbed are now banned from visiting cafes, restaurants and hairdressers.

The "2G" rule, which requires proof of full vaccination or recovery from coronavirus, will also be in place for hotel and cinema visits or events for more than 25 people.
    There will be a four-week transition period in which a first vaccination plus a PCR test will grant admission to places where the unvaccinated will be banned.

The new rules, announced on Friday, came as new daily infections reached their highest in nearly a year.
    The country reported 9,943 cases within a 24-hour period on Saturday, surpassing the previous worst day of 13 November 2020 when 9,586 were recorded.

The brothel is encouraging men and women to visit for vaccinations this month.
    "Due to the pandemic, we have registered a 50% decrease [in clients], with this initiative we hope that the number of customers will rise again," Mail Online quotes the Fun Palast as saying.
    A man named Gerhard who visited the brothel said: "I would have gotten vaccinated anyway but the 2G rule has certainly accelerated things a little.
    "And since an acquaintance of mine organised this action I thought 'Lets go for it'.
    "I think this is perfectly ok because we can achieve a better immunisation rate this way and that's necessary to end the pandemic at some point."

Peter Laskaris, manager of Fun Palast, told Reuters: "Basically, I was looking at the statistics and I read that we need like 70/75% for us to reach herd immunity, but we're currently only at 63%.
    "And then I noticed in the statistics that very many men, very many men with a migration background, virtually refuse vaccination or don't even know that you can be vaccinated.
    "And since we are actually reaching this target group, we decided to set up a vaccination [clinic] here."
    One of the women who works at Fun Palast, who gave her name as Mina, said: "Well, I think it's a very good idea to have a vaccination street in the Fun Palast, because the name fun palace suggest to have a bit of fun here and return back to normality a bit more.
    "And I also think it's a great idea that this is being offered for women, children and of course men."

Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg has reportedly said that Austria's latest measures to tackle the spread of coronavirus will likely stay in force over Christmas and New Year.
    I guess, whatever helps to get more people vaccinated, as long as the employees are up for it.
    Last edited by Catlady in training; 11-12-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Vienna brothel offers customers 30 minutes with 'lady of their choice' in exchange for coronavirus jab

I guess, whatever helps to get more people vaccinated, as long as the employees are up for it.
    Nothing like providing a much needed public service!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Here is a grim thought. Statistically speaking, the percentage of people in any state who have been vaccinated will increase by virtue of the population numbers decreasing as those who are not vaccinated get sick and possibly die from it. The smaller the population, the higher the percentage.

I hope I'm just exaggerating.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Here is a grim thought. Statistically speaking, the percentage of people in any state who have been vaccinated will increase by virtue of the population numbers decreasing as those who are not vaccinated get sick and possibly die from it. The smaller the population, the higher the percentage.

I hope I'm just exaggerating.
    At this point, I kind of hope you're not. The longer this goes on the more I think addition by subtraction is a good thing.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    That White Deer spread is bad news.

But most people I talk to in UK have assumed for sometime now that COVID is endemic, that it will adapt and that vaccinations against it (certainly for vulnerable categories of people) will carry on endlessly into the future, just like the Winter Flu jab.

Basically the best most Brits hope for is that the common future variants will become less deadly…after all killing the host doesn’t help the virus in the long run.

Really…I don’t think our UK government made a really determined effort to totally wip out the virus at any point. I don’t think most Western governments have.
    I was just reading about the UK and I believe you're right about vaccinations needing to carry on as variants continue to come into play.
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/revealed-t...uS_HBukQ9g66dF

Normally variants of a virus are indeed less deadly so if this must continue, hopefully it weakens and becomes more like the seasonal flu as you said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post

Well, I think it's the customers who really have to be...up for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    At this point, I kind of hope you're not. The longer this goes on the more I think addition by subtraction is a good thing.
    No, people dying isn't a good thing.

Well, I think it's the customers who really have to be...up for it.
    Which just proves that there are no side-effects from the vaccine affecting one's sex life

This is, 'oh some on now!' Territory

Quick thread:

There is, finally, good news from the anti-vaccine beat.

It’s wrapped in some bad news.

The good: Mandates are working. Anti-vaxxers are exhausted, giving in and getting the shot.

The bad: They’re running home to “detox” in weird ways, hoping to “undo” it.
    Twitter Link

Some crazy things they are doing

On TikTok, anti-vaxxers have rallied around influencer Carrie Madej, who claims she can “detoxx the vaxx.”

Her solution? A bath with baking soda for “radiation” and epsom salt for “poisons.”

Then, she says, add Borax to clean out “nanotechnologies.”

(Don’t do this.)
    Borax is banned in foods by the FDA and generally by the EU. It’s a pretty harsh cleaning agent, a potential skin and eye irritant. If you’ve used it to kill pests in your basement before, you’d know.

But TikTok is littered with people taking borax baths to “undo” the vaccine.
    Some antivaxxers who are caving to mandates are immediately racing back to their houses to try to “uninject” the vaccine. Some are using syringes or snakebite kits.

Others are slicing the injection site and then self-administering cupping therapy.

This also does not work.
    UGGGGG!!!!!!

Covid vaccine holdouts are caving to mandates — then scrambling to 'undo' their shots
    Last edited by Tami; 11-12-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This is, 'oh some on now!' Territory

Twitter Link

Some crazy things they are doing

UGGGGG!!!!!!

Covid vaccine holdouts are caving to mandates — then scrambling to 'undo' their shots
    Darwin is working overtime with idiots like these around.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!