Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This is, 'oh some on now!' Territory

Twitter Link

Some crazy things they are doing

UGGGGG!!!!!!

Covid vaccine holdouts are caving to mandates — then scrambling to 'undo' their shots
    They haven't gotten to chanting and burnt offerings to the space god Xenorg yet? Dilettantes...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's kind of crazy when you think about it. People like us are not only vaccinated. but now we have the Booster shot. While there are still many out there who refuse to get vaccinated. It's like we are leaving them behind, standing in the dust, as the world speeds past them.

Just wanted to add that these vaccine holdouts and I have them in my family :-( , are mainly Republicans who support Trump. But they fail to acknowledge that Trump himself was vaccinated in January before leaving the WH. And the media is silent on this.
    A friend of mine said that it's not just Republicans that are against the vaccine. That there are Democrats that feel that way too.
    Read an article yesterday saying that Covid is really becoming Endemic , that it's here to stay and all Health officials can do is try to manage it.
    Probably the best thing to do, is get vaccinated every year as you would for the Flu .

Astonishing Member

Just got my Moderna booster today. I am prepared at this point that it will be a yearly thing to be up to date on vaccines and do what I have to do to protect myself and my loved ones who arent stupid and anti vax.
    I banned anyone unvaccinated from my moms 70th Birthday party. And will be looking at vaccine cards for anyone wanting to see us on the holidays.

If they want to be anti vax at this point after what we have seen with this pandemic and the deaths in our own family from COVID then I have no sympathy for them if they are salty about being left out of things now.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I banned anyone unvaccinated from my moms 70th Birthday party. And will be looking at vaccine cards for anyone wanting to see us on the holidays.

If they want to be anti vax at this point after what we have seen with this pandemic and the deaths in our own family from COVID then I have no sympathy for them if they are salty about being left out of things now.
    Good for you. The safety of our loved ones, especially those that are in more danger is more important than worrying about "offending" someone who doesn't even care abput the safety of others.

I wanted to post a video, but this one seems to have restrictions on it.

How COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines Work

It's a very good educational video.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-13-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Dr. Fauci with some sobering words, highlighting the importance of boosters. The FDA will likely give approval for all adults soon for the Pfizer booster.
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dr-f...201846228.html
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The world’s first anti-vaccination movement spread fears of half-cow babies

In the early 19th century, British people finally had access to the first vaccine in history, one that promised to protect them from smallpox, among the deadliest diseases of the era. Many Britons were skeptical of the vaccine, however, with fears extending well beyond the fatigue and sore arm that go along with many modern shots. The side effects they dreaded were far more terrifying: blindness, deafness, ulcers, a gruesome skin condition called “cowpox mange” — even sprouting hoofs and horns.

With that, the world’s first anti-vaccination movement was born.
    Just as quickly as doctors heralded Edward Jenner’s revolutionary 1796 discovery that the deadly smallpox virus could be prevented with a cowpox vaccine, some Brits met the news with a superstitious distrust that bordered on hysteria. Opposition to vaccination would grow and evolve over the next 100 years to become one of the largest mass movements of 19th-century Britain. People refused the vaccine for medical, religious and even political reasons — plunging the nation into a debate that would rage for generations and foreshadow current coronavirus vaccine conspiracy theories.
    “It was an enormous mass movement, and it built on many traditions, intellectual and otherwise, about liberty,” said Frank Snowden, a historian of medicine at Yale University. “There was a rejection of vaccination on political grounds that was widely considered as another form of tyranny.”

Yet Britons had been living under a viral tyranny for much longer. By the turn-of-the- 19th-century, smallpox had ravaged much of the world. In Europe, some 400,000 people were believed to die annually from the disease. Those who did survive were often permanently disfigured.
    The turning point came — or at least ought to have come — when Jenner discovered that dairymaids were often protected from smallpox because of their exposure to the less dangerous cowpox. He conducted an experiment to test his hypothesis that exposure to this similar disease might protect others from smallpox. He extracted pus from a woman infected with cowpox, injected it into a healthy boy and exposed him to smallpox. The child did not become ill. Similar experiments bore out the same results.
    Fiery pamphlets, lectures and caricatures tipped off a war of the words that would galvanize huge numbers of Brits into the anti-vaccination movement. In an 1805 pamphlet, William Rowley, a member of the Royal College of Physicians, warned against vaccination, threatening the direst possible side effects. Rowley (among others) went so far as to suggest that the injection of cow material into a human body could cause a person to begin to resemble a cow, sprouting actual horns out of his head and hoofs in place of feet. Even those who could not read would have easily understood the color engravings of an ox-faced boy with an enormous red lump hanging off his cheek, or a child covered in open abscesses.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Dr. Fauci with some sobering words, highlighting the importance of boosters. The FDA will likely give approval for all adults soon for the Pfizer booster.
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dr-f...201846228.html
    That's all well and good, but I wish there was a greater emphasis on people, especially those in poor countries getting that all important FIRST shot rather than people getting a third. That strategy would go a long way towards preventing any future spread of the virus.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-15-2021 at 04:17 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Looks like my job is about to have some openings. There is a $300 bonus for anyone who can provide proof of vaccination, and weekly testing for those who don't. Several people have already turned in 2 week notices.

Me, I'm gonna collect the free money. And maybe pick up some overtime hours.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Looks like my job is about to have some openings. There is a $300 bonus for anyone who can provide proof of vaccination, and weekly testing for those who don't. Several people have already turned in 2 week notices.

Me, I'm gonna collect the free money. And maybe pick up some overtime hours.
    Anyone walking away from jobs in this lousy economy because they have their panties in a bunch over vaccines and/or testing is stupid on steroids.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Is there any word on when regular people who aren't old or with immune problems can get a Moderna booster? And when that is, what's the procedure, can I just walk in to a CVS and ask for the Moderna booster for example, or do I have to make an appointment like I did for my original shot?
    FYI:
    FDA clears Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 boosters for all US adults
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/19/...ibility-adults
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

An email I received today from a relative:

"FDA Asks Court for 55 Years to Fully Release Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Data

This can’t be good.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_mo...a_4110761.html"

Just a fun little preview of the kinds of fun discussion topics that might come up at Thanksgiving dinner. "Look, this proves they are hiding something! Rawr!"

This has to do with a FOIA request to the FDA made by the anti-vaxxers. There are a million reasons such FOIA requests take a long while, especially where private corporations and private individuals are involved, if you actually look into how those requests are handled. This is more of a government understaffing, privacy, third-party involvement and government ineptitude thing rather than a conspiracy thing

But that won't stop the conspiracy theorists. Oh no. It must mean that the government is up to something and is covering whatever that is up so we all have to get the vaccine and then become communists with little Bill Gates nanites in our head telling us what type of pizza to order or something. Worst case scenario - what orders are we going to get anyhow? Do I get to become a super soldier like Bucky and go invade Mexico against my will?
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-19-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The Epoch Times is a far right, Christian fanatic rag that has never had a truthful story. There is no doubt far less to this than they say (I didn't read because I won't give their site any clicks).
    Here is the story from a reliable source.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...ta-2021-11-18/

They are asking for almost 400,000 pages, all of which have to be reviewed and redacted. The FDA says they can handle 500 a year.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-19-2021 at 02:06 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Epoch Times is a far right, Christian fanatic rag that has never had a truthful story. There is no doubt far less to this than they say (I didn't read because I won't give their site any clicks).
    Here is the story from a reliable source.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...ta-2021-11-18/

They are asking for almost 400,000 pages, all of which have to be reviewed and redacted. The FDA says they can handle 500 a year.
    Yah I clicked on it, shouldn't have for the reasons you mentioned. Honestly it had so many popups that I had to run screaming and find a better source anyhow.

The 500 per year is what I had read as well, that and they have limited staff who do this and they are already swamped. At my firm we do FOIA requests once in a while, and they always take way longer than you might assume. But hey I'm still glad our country has this kind of transparency.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's all well and good, but I wish there was a greater emphasis on people, especially those in poor countries getting that all important FIRST shot rather than people getting a third. That strategy would go a long way towards preventing any future spread of the virus.
    Its still more a problem with distribution, rather than simply getting the vaccines to those countries. It's once you get them there, how to handle delicate drugs which need special refrigeration that just isn't available, widely scatter populations, and terrible transportation and communications systems, not to mention basic health care rather than what we have. Don't know how to solve those problems.