Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Ok, one guy's take...

I completely get the frustration with that DeSantis is straight up heading in the wrong direction on trying to sell citizens of Florida on getting vaccinated.

All that said?

I don't believe for one second that the citizens of Florida who haven't got the shot change their minds if DeSantis walks up to a podium Monday morning and calls for Florida's folks who have not to finally get the shot.

Once I have accepted that reality?

The only issue is creating the best medications possible for folks who are sick because they dug their heels in. They are the priority.

How and why the treatments that will help them came to be and are out there?

It's an issue that isn't worth wasting any time on.

(Well, barring something like the possibility that DeSantis has taken some sort of an illegal bribe from that company...)
    What's interesting is that DeSantis pushed the vaccines hard in the beginning, especially in nursing homes. Last I checked Florida has a vaccination rate of 62% or so, higher than Michigan, Ohio, the Carolinas, and Wisconsin to name a few. But a lot of seniors are medically exempt so having other treatments is necessary.
    Last edited by JB; 12-12-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Pfizer says COVID-19 pill near 90% effective in final analysis
    https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...is-2021-12-14/

NEW YORK, Dec 14 (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc (PFE.N) on Tuesday said final analysis of its antiviral COVID-19 pill still showed near 90% efficacy in preventing hospitalizations and deaths in high-risk patients, and recent lab data suggests the drug retains its effectiveness against the fast spreading Omicron variant of the coronavirus.

Got my booster Friday at the job. Once I get my littlest one Vaxed we'll all get big milkshakes afterwards.

The CDC's weekly report now has some data on omicron. I'll be curious to see what the next report will contain as more cases are being discovered.
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7050e1_w

Details are available for 43 cases of COVID-19 attributed to the Omicron variant;
    25 (58%) were in persons aged 18–39 years.
    The earliest date of symptom onset was November 15 in a person with a history of international travel.
    Fourteen (33%) persons reported international travel during the 14 days preceding symptom onset or receipt of a positive test result.

- Among these cases of COVID-19 attributed to the Omicron variant, 34 (79%) occurred in persons who completed the primary series of an FDA-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine ≥14 days before symptom onset or receipt of a positive SARS-CoV-2 test result, including 14 who had received an additional or booster dose;
    - Five of the 14 persons had received the additional dose <14 days before symptom onset.
    - Six (14%) persons had a documented previous SARS-CoV-2 infection.
    The most commonly reported symptoms were cough, fatigue, and congestion or runny nose.
    One vaccinated patient was hospitalized for 2 days, and no deaths have been reported to date.
    Case investigations have identified exposures associated with international and domestic travel, large public events, and household transmission.

Retired

I got stuck for the third time yesterday. I had an email late last week that I could make an appointment online, but that was like a game of whack-a mole, trying to find a location, a date and a time that I could get to, until the stars aligned. But I had to make my way to a pharmacy in another part of town to get the dose.

As soon as they stuck me with the needle, my arm felt awful. And then they had no chair for me to sit and recover. I was just left to wander around the drugstore as I went through all these weird symptoms, pains up and down my left side. After about ten minutes I felt somewhat okay, but then I had to make my way home via public transit.

Now I'm feeling okay--just soreness in my arm. But I never had this kind of reaction to the first two shots. Maybe it's because I was feeling stressed by the time I finally got the needle. The first two I got at the local pharmacy, just a ten minute walk from my home and no crowds of people there. In the future, I think I should wait until I can get more shots under those optimum conditions--in a welcoming place, close to home, where they let you sit and they actually seem to care about your welfare.

I think for anyone who's vaccine hesitant, the procedure should be as stress-free as possible. Being in the right state of mind and having support will make one feel less freaked out by the process.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I got stuck for the third time yesterday. I had an email late last week that I could make an appointment online, but that was like a game of whack-a mole, trying to find a location, a date and a time that I could get to, until the stars aligned. But I had to make my way to a pharmacy in another part of town to get the dose.

As soon as they stuck me with the needle, my arm felt awful. And then they had no chair for me to sit and recover. I was just left to wander around the drugstore as I went through all these weird symptoms, pains up and down my left side. After about ten minutes I felt somewhat okay, but then I had to make my way home via public transit.

Now I'm feeling okay--just soreness in my arm. But I never had this kind of reaction to the first two shots. Maybe it's because I was feeling stressed by the time I finally got the needle. The first two I got at the local pharmacy, just a ten minute walk from my home and no crowds of people there. In the future, I think I should wait until I can get more shots under those optimum conditions--in a welcoming place, close to home, where they let you sit and they actually seem to care about your welfare.

I think for anyone who's vaccine hesitant, the procedure should be as stress-free as possible. Being in the right state of mind and having support will make one feel less freaked out by the process.
    Which one was that?

Thank you for sharing and I'm glad you're feeing better. I think you're right about the importance of a stress-free experience. My local pharmacy has an area partitioned off with seating and water, and they let you take as long as you need but I know not every place is like that. Be well!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Which one was that?
    I had AstraZeneca the first two shots. This third one was Moderna. And to Jbenito, thanks, and you're right about water, I see now in hindsight. I didn't have the chance to get any water before or after, but as soon as I got home I was drinking glass after glass of water. I feel that it helps a lot.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Perhaps for some, the stress is more about getting jabbed with the needle than the vaccine itself. I know that’s the deal with me, I could’ve had a doctor give me the shot in my living room, and I’d still be nervous as hell. I’m glad you got through things okay.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I still have to get my booster. I just tried to do it through CVS, but after filling out all the questions and giving info, it said my request can not be completed at this time. Very frustrating because I spent a lot of time on my phone doing it and I thought I was good to go next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I still have to get my booster. I just tried to do it through CVS, but after filling out all the questions and giving info, it said my request can not be completed at this time. Very frustrating because I spent a lot of time on my phone doing it and I thought I was good to go next Tuesday.
    Have you tried Walgreens? That’s where I got my booster last Monday and the process of making the appointment was pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Have you tried Walgreens? That’s where I got my booster last Monday and the process of making the appointment was pretty easy.
    No I didn't, maybe I'll try them. Thanks.

There is actually a Walgreens right near my CVS believe it or not.

I'll actually stop in both places.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    No I didn't, maybe I'll try them. Thanks.

There is actually a Walgreens right near my CVS believe it or not.

I'll actually stop in both places.
    Cool! Good luck!

I had my booster shot a couple of days ago. I could have gone for it a week or so before, but I had my last exam to finish the university and I wanted to get vaccinated afterwards, just in case. It affected me as much as the other two shots; nothing big, just some exhaustion and muscular pains for a day. I'm feeling great today. I first got an Astrazeneca shot, and a second dosis of Pfizer. The booster was Pfizer too
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I got my first shot pretty early on in late Janaury/Early February of 2021. Third shot was just last month and it took me the heck out, so I know I have a good immune response, at least. XD