Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I got my first shot pretty early on in late Janaury/Early February of 2021. Third shot was just last month and it took me the heck out, so I know I have a good immune response, at least. XD
    My third shot had me at a barely functional level for about 36 hours, but I also switched shots for the booster. My wife, who normally gets much sicker than I do, was only lethargic for a day, and she got all 3 from the same company. Her arm was sore longer, but Moderna is a larger shot by volume.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My third shot had me at a barely functional level for about 36 hours, but I also switched shots for the booster. My wife, who normally gets much sicker than I do, was only lethargic for a day, and she got all 3 from the same company. Her arm was sore longer, but Moderna is a larger shot by volume.
    I got my booster (Pfizer, right arm) and my flu jab (left arm) at Walgreens on December 6th. Other than feeling loggy and sluggish that night and both arms being sore for little over a day, I made it through okay.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Cool! Good luck!
    Thanks WPP, I'm actually going to swing by the places today.

Hopefully this trend continues.

South Africa Hospitalization Rate Plunges in Omicron Wave
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ave-much-lower

South Africa delivered some positive news on the omicron coronavirus variant on Friday, reporting a much lower rate of hospital admissions and signs that the wave of infections may be peaking.

Only 1.7% of identified Covid-19 cases were admitted to hospital in the second week of infections in the fourth wave, compared with 19% in the same week of the third delta-driven wave, South African Health Minister Joe Phaahla said at a press conference.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Covid: Dutch go into Christmas lockdown over Omicron wave
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59713503

The Netherlands has announced a Christmas lockdown amid concerns over the Omicron coronavirus variant.

Non-essential shops, schools, bars, restaurants and other public venues will be closed until at least mid-January. Prime Minister Mark Rutte said the restrictions were "unavoidable".

It marks the strictest rules to have been announced over Omicron so far.

Countries across Europe have been tightening restrictions as the heavily mutated variant spreads.

The new rules in the Netherlands, which come into force on Sunday, were announced following a meeting between the government and health experts.

NY governor plans to add booster shot to definition of 'fully vaccinated'
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...lly-vaccinated

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) announced during a press conference on Thursday that she is planning to introduce legislation that includes a booster shot within the definition of being “fully vaccinated.”

While the Democratic governor noted that the legislation needed to be more fleshed out and required more data to be collected, she signaled the change would happen eventually, saying that “at some point, we have to determine that fully vaccinated means boosted as well,” CNY Central reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    NY governor plans to add booster shot to definition of 'fully vaccinated'
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...lly-vaccinated
    Staying one step ahead of the Federal Government. Smart.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Staying one step ahead of the Federal Government. Smart.
    I wonder if other governors will follow suit?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

My main concern with changing the definition is this. I know a lot of people in my personal life that are double vaccinated but unfortunately resistant to getting the booster. If the definition is changed and God forbid something were to happen to them, would they be listed as an "unvaccinated" death? That would really muddy the waters if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    My main concern with changing the definition is this. I know a lot of people in my personal life that are double vaccinated but unfortunately resistant to getting the booster. If the definition is changed and God forbid something were to happen to them, would they be listed as an "unvaccinated" death? That would really muddy the waters if so.
    No, I'm certain they would be listed as Vaccinated, but additional details would be added. It's like if someone has only received one vaccine shot. Most data that I have seen so far record those with 1 vaccine shot and those with two, eventually there may be new data on those with the third shot, but I haven't seen that happening yet.

The idea behind no longer calling it a Booster is that Booster makes it sound like it's optional. By saying that it is a three shot vaccine, then people know that they have to get all three shots in order to be fully vaccinated. With two shots they still have protection, they are still vaccinated,, but they may not have full protection.

It's like Chemotherapy. If the oncologist says that you need x number of chemotherapy treatments to rid rid of the cancer, then you decide to skip the last few because your cancer is in remission, there is higher risk that the cancer will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    No, I'm certain they would be listed as Vaccinated, but additional details would be added. It's like if someone has only received one vaccine shot. Most data that I have seen so far record those with 1 vaccine shot and those with two, eventually there may be new data on those with the third shot, but I haven't seen that happening yet.

The idea behind no longer calling it a Booster is that Booster makes it sound like it's optional. By saying that it is a three shot vaccine, then people know that they have to get all three shots in order to be fully vaccinated. With two shots they still have protection, they are still vaccinated,, but they may not have full protection.

It's like Chemotherapy. If the oncologist says that you need x number of chemotherapy treatments to rid rid of the cancer, then you decide to skip the last few because your cancer is in remission, there is higher risk that the cancer will come back.
    All of the above makes sense, thank you. If they indeed differentiate the various statuses then that definitely will minimize confusion. I believe Biden will making a statement on Tuesday about omicron and perhaps some of the above.

Retired

In Canada, they say we're a week behind the U.K. on omicron. Reading comments here and watching U.S. reports, it seems like you guys are a week behind us. Maybe not in terms of the spread but in terms of the reaction. You haven't reached the hair on fire/we'll all going to die/running around in circles stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In Canada, they say we're a week behind the U.K. on omicron. Reading comments here and watching U.S. reports, it seems like you guys are a week behind us. Maybe not in terms of the spread but in terms of the reaction. You haven't reached the hair on fire/we'll all going to die/running around in circles stage.
    It comes and goes. The Gov't is trying to find the right balance between 'don't panic' and 'get vaccinated ASAP'. Though we still have Gov't types, like in Florida and Texas, who are either still in denial, criminally negligent, or just don't give a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    We see signs of it here and there.

Governor Mills Announces Deployment of National Guard Members to Ten Health Care Facilities Across Maine
    https://www.maine.gov/governor/mills...ilities-across

Governor Janet Mills announced today that members of the Maine National Guard will deploy to ten health care facilities across the state this week to help relieve hospitals experiencing capacity challenges and to maintain access to inpatient health care for Maine people amid a sustained surge of COVID-19. The Mills Administration anticipates that these actions, coupled with the other steps it has taken in partnership with the Federal government and Maine’s health care systems, will provide an estimated total of 80 additional inpatient hospital beds to care for Maine people.
    Maine currently has the 3rd highest vaccination rate at 75%.

CNN closing offices as COVID-19 cases rise
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...-19-cases-rise

CNN is closing its offices to employees who do not need to work in person.

In an internal memo to employees on Saturday and obtained by The Hill, President Jeff Zucker said the move was being made "out of an abundance of caution," and is tied to a new wave of coronavirus infections sweeping the nation.

The decision to scale back in-person work "will also protect those who will be in the office by minimizing the number of people who are there," the network said.

Employees who need to be in the office to perform their job duties will need to wear masks at all times, the memo said, unless that employee is eating, drinking or in a room by themselves.