Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Spiderman Tom Holland's question. Media and Fans commentary.

So I have been seeing some stories on twitter and other entertainment and geeks site about MCU Spiderman 3, the hype is real. It's regarding the title of the next spiderman movie. It feels as if the ..guess the tile of the movie has got everyone talking and should have all of us completely excited. I am just a bit confused, why is the reaction from with the media and spiderman fanbases quite different and very inconsistent when it comes to Holland Spiderman movies.

A lot of long term spiderman fans including myself (though I am not extra traditional on Spiderman mythos and do welcome change when it feels natural) , I have called out some of the jarring problems of holland's spiderman. the problem that his world is too intertwined with Iron Man, of high school spiderman is too drawn out or how the holland's spiderman movies does not have it's own uniqueness compared to the Sam Raimi films, or Holland has yet to stand on his two feet playing the character and there is now a high chance the next movie won't give me that much space to do that, a topic that has been discussed here from other fans when we heard Jamie Fox as Electro is returning. I feel as if I don't hear much of this genuine criticism in the media, that many spiderman fans have raised.

Why does it feel as if the media is sweeping all the issues about Holland's spiderman under the rug. The Hype for Holland's Spiderman 3 has reached mega insane levels,I think Holland does a good job hyping the movie in a way I have never seen any actor do about a franchise they are are playing lead. I say this from what I saw yesterday on twitter, you cannot escape it news about this movie, from the rumours that Tobey will be returning or Tom Holland saying the movie will be like nothing we have ever seen. I hope Holland is not setting the bar too high?

I am missing something here? is there something about Tom Holland that I am not seeing that the media loves him in the role so much? My money is still on Into the Spiderverse 2 been a more fulfilling Spiderman film than MCU Spiderman 3 but I cannot get the support system anywhere except from other spiderman fans on forums that is a high probability.

I just feel as if when it comes to the newer spiderman films, there are two world it feels as if we are living in. one where many fans like myself get frustrated a bit and another world sold by twitter where we are been told, Holland's Spiderman movies are the greatest live action spiderman ever and the next film will be this groundbreaking movie we have never seen before or will ever see again?

How do we as fans try to reconcile both worlds or merge both worlds?
    Last edited by Castle; 02-24-2021 at 08:27 AM.