Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Congratulations, Zelena! Many thanks to Kirby101 and seismic-2 for the lovely votes!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats to Zelena!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Great win, Zelena!

Thanks, Ravin’ Ray and ed2962 for the votes!!!

Thank you, everyone… and thanks to Nschornhorst, babyblob, Conn Seanery and CJStriker for the votes.
    I knew it was possible… it’s still a surprise, a pleasant one, even if all what I did was posting a picture. I wish the creators were there to hear your kind words about their works…

It’s also nice to see so diverse choices: there was a favorite almost for everyone. Speed Force League Unlimited has done quite a work…

The new constest will be posted in a few hours. Please, be magnanimous with me: English is not my language and I never posted a contest. So, feel free to correct me…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Zelena, yay! And your English is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Congratulations Zelana. (And no need for me to thank anyone this week. )

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Zelena, yay! And your English is fine.
    Thank you, nxO1a. As long as I’m intelligible…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Thanks… (I know this feeling, )

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Thanks… (I know this feeling, )
    TBH there’s times I wish we could vote for or post multiple covers, but that’d get waaaay too complicated, and prob. drive poor WestPhillyPunisher, who usually does the tallies, up the wall!

Congratulations Zelena. And thank you everyone for sharing the King's legacy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

As a King stan this contest was really cool, enjoyed it. Shoutout to Ajax_X c'mon, a prominent Tekkl cover?? Stop it. I have never correctly picked the winner or even most votes for any given contest but at this point I'm not going to attribute certain notions about what and why people vote the way they do anymore. Maybe I'll get closer on a prediction.

DarkSEED (I say Towmato) I was kinda surprised was so popular, I can dig it though. It was cool to see his look change throughout the last 40 some odd years.

Seconded about the Super Powers line and Rob Allen's mini comic with Steppenwolf. Loved those figures when I was a kid.

Right on for the pair of votes. I don't even rock with Adam Hughes, I only picked that cause it's a rare Barda out of armor illustration, not even her shape imo.

CONGRATS Zelena, that was a big one. I still have that issue and I'm gonna dig it up and read it finally on the strength. I want to say that was the first wrap around covers I ever saw.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

Congrats, Zelena!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [font=georgia]DarkSEED (I say Towmato) I was kinda surprised was so popular, I can dig it though. It was cool to see his look change throughout the last 40 some odd years.
    It's Dark SIDE. Kirby was using the German/Jewish pronunciation of EI, as in Einstein or Eisenberg.
    We know this because Kirby said it DarkSIDE.
    We say Kah-Man-Dee not Kay-Man-Die for the same reason.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Thank you, Kirby101, Surf and ed2962.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's
    Yes. I know. Me and cousin used to play off that. 'why'd they call him Darksied, cause of where he walked?' ...'Yes?' We used to roll over **** like that.

And relax.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.