Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Seraphina was incarcerated along with the other captive mutants. She wasn't a hostile threat at the time of her rescue.
    In fact...once freed, she teleported away before they could have done or asked anything so...no "inconsistency" with how she was treated in her initial appearance.
    Yes she teleported , but Storm realised she was from the vault and she let Serafina speak momentarily ,so it wasn't execution on the spot.I guess they wanted answers ,but you could say the same could be accorded the kids in the vault by Laura before going killbill

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    An interesting twist would be if studying and adapting to the trio's powers is what allows the City to upgrade its Children to a far more advanced stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    All the vault has to do is copy the powerset of Laura,Synch and Darwin into a specific genome and craft that kind of Child and amplify the power.Though out of 3000 children it's a safe bet they have their analogues. I mean they did Serafina dirty in this one, she was surprised ,but if she had prep time she'd have given some Adamantium 9 to Laura and that would be that, and then done some other crazy stuff.That girl is a Swiss army knife, when you think you have her she pulls some other gizmo or ability on you, the black hole grenade for example. Darwin would take time adapting to/recovering from that I bet
    The idea of the City adapting to our 3 mutants and vice versa is very intriguing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The art is great ,I just have an issue with making Serafina's face pitch black..who got that dumb idea? Since Hickman brought her back she's been drawn like this.She looks horrible and yet we know she looks normal in the original run
    My interpretation is that her face is black as a negative photo, which is kinda kewl. The X-Men woke her too early from her stasis/hybernation/healing and she didn't complete her beauty sleep cycle to full power. That is why she was running away from the X-Men aka loose wild gods, 'cause she was weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I tell you, it's the older generation who hold all the money and power in this world, and the rest of us are lucky to rent a room with a sink in it.
    Truthful telling. I subscribe to it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    My interpretation is that her face is black as a negative photo, which is kinda kewl. The X-Men woke her too early from her stasis/hybernation/healing and she didn't complete her beauty sleep cycle to full power. That is why she was running away from the X-Men aka loose wild gods, 'cause she was weak.

Truthful telling. I subscribe to it.
    Lol, well extra points for an 'explanation'.I can buy it if that is an explanation or if it was her level 2 upgrade when originally she was level 1.Though it is a bad choice, 'kewl' for a bit ,but not indefinitely.I would prefer her real look not this blackface/negative effect

The problem though is there is some inconsistency with how kindly Storm and Polaris approached Sarefina in X-Men 1 ,freeing her from Orchis, if they are consistent they should have killed her there and then, but the writers are trying to make us think the X-Men care ,yet with this mission they come across as nothing more than assassins.I mean I ain't complaining as both species are apex predators or jostling to be,but I would have preferred consistency, when Xavier says it's a fact finding mission, that they are prepared to resurrect them ,not extract them as they know how dangerous the CoV are,that I am Ok with, but if Xavier wanted sobotage of the vault and killing of the children (if that is what it took) then it should have been articulated .At least that way we wouldn't have issues with some people upset at Laura's characterisation, though for me her attitude does not surprise me , she seems to want to fill Wolverine's shoes, let her do so
    Yes she teleported , but Storm realised she was from the vault and she let Serafina speak momentarily ,so it wasn't execution on the spot.I guess they wanted answers ,but you could say the same could be accorded the kids in the vault by Laura before going killbill
    Why would Darwin, Laura and Synch want to talk to the CotV after they blew the elevator they were on, and were clearly aiming to kill them? There's no inconsistence but just totally different scenarios. Serafina didn't try to kill Storm and Polaris. Not sure why you seem to have got the impression that the mutants attacked first when they were responding to a murder attempt

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Why would Darwin, Laura and Synch want to talk to the CotV after they blew the elevator they were on, and were clearly aiming to kill them? There's no inconsistence but just totally different scenarios. Serafina didn't try to kill Storm and Polaris. Not sure why you seem to have got the impression that the mutants attacked first when they were responding to a murder attempt
    Agreed. If the Children maybe said something like "identify yourself!" I could see their point but it was full blowtorch ask questions later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well for a start the 3 at least in that scenario, could try to de-escalate the situation, but for me the fact that Laura and Darwin are for all intents and purposes immortal, maybe even Synch (coz I'm not sure he needs contact to borrow powers) gives them more of an opening to not to resort to lethal force but try glean some information first and only react if self preservation is really needed.

Having said that ,presuming the CoV can kill even immortal mutants because CoV operate in ways mutants may not be able to counter we have the protocols as the failsafe.If mind saving is impossible across the vault membrane, then all the more reason to not be brash and cocky ,but stealthy.

I mean it is more likely when you actually do fact finding ,instead of killing the sentient beings who can give you information that you'll fulfill your mission.Short of that we have to assume that Darwin could bio hack the machine (when it could try to negate his hacking or try killing him in the process)

Fantastic Member

Has it been explained why Serafina was being held in the Orchis facility in X-Men #5?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Has it been explained why Serafina was being held in the Orchis facility in X-Men #5?
    Because Orchis is evil.
    No, it hasn't been explained yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Not yet, but my guess is they are building a database or repository of superpowers or genes imbued with them so that they can upload them into Nimrod when he is complete ,so that he has a few powers in his arsenal before he mimics more on his own or to test his adaptation against his catalog of abilities he may face to make him a more lethal killing machine coz he will have countermeasures ready
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-25-2021 at 01:35 PM.

I agree with everything you said, Odd Rödney. I like reading the discussion about what happened in the issue versus how a writer is treating a character, which is of course subjective. I enjoyed the issue and thought all three X-Men shined, as well as the CotV.

What an underwhelming read. So much anticipation for a nothing story. The only thing we learned is Synch has a crush on Laura and dying gave him a power boost which now allows him to mimic powers from anyone, not just mutants. The children of the vault went down like chumps in 2 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree with everything you said, Odd Rödney. I like reading the discussion about what happened in the issue versus how a writer is treating a character, which is of course subjective. I enjoyed the issue and thought all three X-Men shined, as well as the CotV.
    Thanks mate, I enjoyed the book and I also don't like getting bogged down in the subjective things.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You don’t think you’re getting a little too granular?? They stepped into a world they know nothing about, and we’re still able to blindside and take down four out of five CotV. Just because it isn’t exactly as you envision it should happen doesn’t make it bad. This Laura is heaps and bounds ahead of the boring, suburban single mom we saw in Taylor’s ANW or the stabby mcstabber we saw in Disassembled.

This is a case of the writer striking exactly the right balance with Laura as Wolverine.
    Exactly. Laura isn't Cassandra Cain. Laura refuses to ever be on a team like X-force again where you're killing people left and right and will do everything possible to avoid killing. But in extreme cases and as last resort she will do what is necessary.

In this issue Laura was just like Yost's Laura, someone who's very methodic and tactical whereas Logan is a snip first and ask questions later.

The children of the vault are basically organic versions of Nimrod so I highly doubt Laura feels any sort of kinship to them.

Also, why are people complaining that the plot wasn't resolved in one issue, don't we want to see Laura as much as possible? So the more issue this story arc has, the better?

I'd prefer an entire 3-4 issue story arc with them in the Vault tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'