Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

The CotV are categorized as outside normal humanity for the purposes of the laws, and the CotV also want to occupy/subjugate Earth by taking out those who would oppose that (humans and mutants). They're a threat that you snikt... with an army beside you, not a 3 person recon team.
    x1a.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The CotV are categorized as outside normal humanity for the purposes of the laws, and the CotV also want to occupy/subjugate Earth by taking out those who would oppose that (humans and mutants). They're a threat that you snikt... with an army beside you, not a 3 person recon team.
    x1a.jpg
    As if murdering them gonna work alright LOL

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Can't believe the CotV are having trouble but the Golden Girls do just fine against the X-Men.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Can't believe the CotV are having trouble but the Golden Girls do just fine against the X-Men.
    I tell you, it's the older generation who hold all the money and power in this world, and the rest of us are lucky to rent a room with a sink in it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    As if murdering them gonna work alright LOL
    Krakoa is going to be disappointed, the CoV cannot be killed that easy as X-Men #5 showed, they'll come back level 3 grade and then we're gonna have a party. I think the vault is yet to spring a few surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Krakoa is going to be disappointed, the CoV cannot be killed that easy as X-Men #5 showed, they'll come back level 3 grade and then we're gonna have a party. I think the vault is yet to spring a few surprises
    And you can literally see them alive and well again on the "NEXT - IT STARTS" page.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue. curious to see what happens in the next one
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except they ARE humans. Engineered and conditioned humans, but humans nonetheless. The fact that someone on the X-Men actually TOLD LAURA not to think of them as people is not only incredibly tone deaf in-universe (as has been pointed out REPEATEDLY, half her life was spent being tortured with the justification "she's not a person, just a weapon," and it's been a recurring plot point in nearly all of her solo books that she really, REALLY doesn't like it when people callously dismiss others in this fashion) but makes me question whether anyone at Marvel involved in this plot has ever ACTUALLY read her backstory.

It's hamfisted, ramrodded, railroaded, and forced, with a cheap and lazy handwave done after the fact via out-of-story info dump (we SHOULD have had a scene of the team being told this, especially because it would have allowed to us to SEE the reactions to the order) to justify it. It's just plain BAD WRITING and piss-poor characterization and continuity.
    As a huge fan of the CoV , I think we could 'humanise' them by trying to free them from being beholden or wired to their programming.It makes for a fun story, Luz for example exhibits human attraction to Indra.So in a anthropomorphic sense they are human, but even in their introduction scientifically they are not, by being so isolated, their genes are not only technologically tainted but they have drifted away from human genetics, as in they look human ,but would not be able to reproduce with humans, something mutants can do.Plus Sarefina said in the vault reproduction is asexual, meaning they probably cannot procreate ,just clone themselves. On top of that they for the most part(apart from Luz) detest humanity.They seem to have a Nazi type mentality of their superiority as a separate race.

Though yeah I guess if writers want to write a redemptive story for some of them embracing a nature closer to humans and mutants then yeah they could be termed human but it is tenuous.I prefer they remain as they are

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    An interesting twist would be if studying and adapting to the trio's powers is what allows the City to upgrade its Children to a far more advanced stage.
    All the vault has to do is copy the powerset of Laura,Synch and Darwin into a specific genome and craft that kind of Child and amplify the power.Though out of 3000 children it's a safe bet they have their analogues. I mean they did Serafina dirty in this one, she was surprised ,but if she had prep time she'd have given some Adamantium 9 to Laura and that would be that, and then done some other crazy stuff.That girl is a Swiss army knife, when you think you have her she pulls some other gizmo or ability on you, the black hole grenade for example. Darwin would take time adapting to/recovering from that I bet

Lol, that is a hilarious and accurate observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I tell you, it's the older generation who hold all the money and power in this world, and the rest of us are lucky to rent a room with a sink in it.
    Damn boomers!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    An interesting twist would be if studying and adapting to the trio's powers is what allows the City to upgrade its Children to a far more advanced stage.
    Keeping the X-Trio alive or at least not kicking them out so the City can use them as its own Danger Room to train the CotV? Devilish! Even if the CotV can't kill them, there's no reason why they can't just throw our heroes out... unless their presence is co-opted into a useful purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...the GGs weren't perceived as a serious threat and were treated with some nonchalance and scepticism, until they proved to be pretty badass.
    Everybody knows the CotV are a deadly threat and should be killed/taken out on sight...as per instructions.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...the GGs weren't perceived as a serious threat and were treated with some nonchalance and scepticism, until they proved to be pretty badass.
    Everybody knows the CotV are a deadly threat and should be killed/taken out on sight...as per instructions.
    That is a good point. Hordeculture certainly don't come across as intimidating at first glance.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The problem though is there is some inconsistency with how kindly Storm and Polaris approached Sarefina in X-Men 1 ,freeing her from Orchis, if they are consistent they should have killed her there and then, but the writers are trying to make us think the X-Men care ,yet with this mission they come across as nothing more than assassins.I mean I ain't complaining as both species are apex predators or jostling to be,but I would have preferred consistency, when Xavier says it's a fact finding mission, that they are prepared to resurrect them ,not extract them as they know how dangerous the CoV are,that I am Ok with, but if Xavier wanted sobotage of the vault and killing of the children (if that is what it took) then it should have been articulated .At least that way we wouldn't have issues with some people upset at Laura's characterisation, though for me her attitude does not surprise me , she seems to want to fill Wolverine's shoes, let her do so
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-25-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Seraphina was incarcerated along with the other captive mutants. She wasn't a hostile threat at the time of her rescue.
    In fact...once freed, she teleported away before they could have done or asked anything so...no "inconsistency" with how she was treated in her initial appearance.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!