Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think what Hickman may be alluding to is that no matter what the future will always give way to a AI style "City" similar to how no matter what AI will run amok and kill mutants.
    I think you can take this further that these motifs are occurring not just with post-humans, but also mutants. For example both groups are using resurrection in backing up and restoring dead members. The same with a sort of guiding intelligent controlling their environment. The Children have the City and mutants have Krakoa.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think you can take this further that these motifs are occurring not just with post-humans, but also mutants. For example both groups are using resurrection in backing up and restoring dead members. The same with a sort of guiding intelligent controlling their environment. The Children have the City and mutants have Krakoa.
    ohhhh, I like this a lot!

They are both using "intelligent design" in trying to leap frog to the future.

But in doing so they are forever in a doomed cycle of death and rebirth; hot damn I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The shallow explanation is that Hickman is just repeating the same plot he did with the Maker and his Children of Tomorrow with the CotV and chalking up his lack or originality to some kind of 'both universes are the same'. Except the Children of the Vault have never backed up their claims to superiority and have gotten trounced in every encounter they've been in, all while lacking anything like original and extreme powers. Most are indistinguishable from your everyday mutant or Inhuman.

Funny, I heard that Hickman based his Children of Tomorrow off of the Children of the Vault, and was trying to do something with the wasted concept of the CotV. So now having the CotV crib from his CoT feels like some weird writing incest paradox.
    Hickman said that he always tell the same story. So i don't think it is coincidence all these similarities

I remember a friend pointing out some similarities on his work.

In all of their appearances, has anyone pointed out the similarities between the CotV and mutants, and mutants and humans? Because that's weirdly unaddressed. The CotV aren't doing anything to mutants that a dozen plus mutant villains have tried to do to humans for decades. They're just aiming at mutants first before going on to humans.

Its weird to see so many people on this board cheering for their deaths and saying humans should be grateful to mutants for taking care of them when mutants have been saying and doing the exact same kind of thing (often more effectively!) to humans.

In all of their appearances, has anyone pointed out the similarities between the CotV and mutants, and mutants and humans? Because that's weirdly unaddressed. The CotV aren't doing anything to mutants that a dozen plus mutant villains have tried to do to humans for decades. They're just aiming at mutants first before going on to humans.

Its weird to see so many people on this board cheering for their deaths and saying humans should be grateful to mutants for taking care of them when mutants have been saying and doing the exact same kind of thing (often more effectively!) to humans.
    It's all mean to crossover. Children of the vault is mean to be the next step on human evolution, but build in artificial way, the same way mutants are mean to be the next step for humanity evolution by a natural way
    Of curse eolution isn't only about being stronger, maybe these two gonna fight and erradiate both species and leave humans alone.

It's big dog fight betweet cotv and mutants, to decide who is the next dominant species on earth.

There must be a better way of dealing with this than straight up murder

Weird how this issue showed the first 15 minutes of this team in the Vault, and next issue will have to show 536.9975 years of them in the Vault.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Fun issue.
    >I'm usually not a fan of Asrar's current style but it was enjoyable here.
    >ForgetMeNot and Cipher and Synch might have been a better recon team, though. :P
    >Where is Synch's beautiful rainbow aura?!?! I've waited decades to see it again... and I just get some boring colours here and there!
    >Someone's got a crush on Lauraverine. I'm still rooting for a throuple.
    Hey! If Al Ewing can do it for Star-Lord and a strange female and male alien over 150 years in GotG..........then Hickman can definitely do it to Laura, Synch and Darwin in the Vault over 500 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's all mean to crossover. Children of the vault is mean to be the next step on human evolution, but build in artificial way, the same way mutants are mean to be the next step for humanity evolution by a natural way
    Of curse eolution isn't only about being stronger, maybe these two gonna fight and erradiate both species and leave humans alone.

It's big dog fight betweet cotv and mutants, to decide who is the next dominant species on earth.

There must be a better way of dealing with this than straight up murder
    Yeah, it's kinda like if Neanderthals figured out how to make a gun and tried to kill Homo Sapiens. The latter will win out in the evolutionary war, unless something artificial is introduced like a gun or in Homo Superior's case Children of The Vault or AI (Sentinels, Nimrod, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    They blindly walked in the front door (which is really the only door as the Vault has no other entrances we know of) because they had no information as to how the Children of the Vault are organized and that was what the mission was about? All the information they know is from the Children attacked the mansion, they have no idea how their society is structured, how the children are grown or anything else - that's the sort of information they arrived to gather
    By walking through the front door...i mean really? They had to have known that such a secretive group would have security measure right at the very moment they enter the city and then do so anyway. Like there was no common sense at all. And what intel did they really gain? Nothing, they learned nothing at all.

Astonishing Member

In all of their appearances, has anyone pointed out the similarities between the CotV and mutants, and mutants and humans?
    Yes. The whole order to lawyer around the no-kill rule by arguing they aren't really "humans" smacks of hypocrisy and clearly throwing shade on how mutants are using the same arguments that humies use to persecute them. I think this is the probably the best argument that a race war between the Children of the Vault and Mutants isn't the best outcome, but perhaps a merging/blending of the two societies given their similarities.

Amazing issue, but too short! I'm ready for the follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Yes. The whole order to lawyer around the no-kill rule by arguing they aren't really "humans" smacks of hypocrisy and clearly throwing shade on how mutants are using the same arguments that humies use to persecute them. I think this is the probably the best argument that a race war between the Children of the Vault and Mutants isn't the best outcome, but perhaps a merging/blending of the two societies given their similarities.
    If mutants and cotv unites, humanity is relaly screwed. But I think how they are strutured make it impossible for a union. Mutants think they are superior and deserves to inherit the earth, same for Cotv

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Amazing issue, but too short! I'm ready for the follow up.
    The definition of Hickman, always read better in trade.

The one time I wish a writer wrote like Claremont; come on Hickman fill the page with text!

A nice trio but it felt short.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I thought this was really good but also not as dense as I would expect from Hickman.

I honestly hope Synch narrates the next issue too. We deserve it after his verrrrry lengthy hiatus.