Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Yes. The whole order to lawyer around the no-kill rule by arguing they aren't really "humans" smacks of hypocrisy and clearly throwing shade on how mutants are using the same arguments that humies use to persecute them. I think this is the probably the best argument that a race war between the Children of the Vault and Mutants isn't the best outcome, but perhaps a merging/blending of the two societies given their similarities.
    And as has been pointed out, the fact that Laura apparently hasn't batted an eye about this smacks of no one at Marvel having actually read her history. "She's not a child, she's a weapon" was used to LITERALLY TORTURE her for the first 13 years of her life.

She's not a child, she's a weapon. Let's rip out her claws without anasthesia and reimplant them after coating them with adamantium.

She's not a child, she's a weapon. Let's make her fight a fucking BEAR amped up on adrenaline, and if she dies this was just a colossal waste of time.

She's not a child, she's a weapon. Let's torture her endlessly until we have her programmed to lash out violently at anything we coat with a particular scent.

She's not a child, she's a weapon. Let's subject her to the oversight of a sadistic and invulnerable psychopath who beats her just for shits and giggles JUST IN CASE all of our other safeguards to ensure her obedience and compliance fail.

I want to know who the hell was the one who delivered that order to Laura, AND how the hell they managed to walk away with their limbs intact afterwards. Because if she was written REMOTELY in-character her response to being told, "These aren't people, they're weapons, so kill them" ought to have been a big, fat, "Do you realize who you're talking to? **** you, get someone else to do it."

By the way read the last issue of xmen,this was horrible.
    Carey would be so disappointed that they thus use to his creations.

The cotv went from being imposing to complete failures.
    What a shame as hickman has no idea of ​​the characters he writes.

And Luz???? I guess what she is????? Or is aguja lol. Since when is she bad and does she hate mutants? Wtf. Horrible this isssue.

I never expect anything from hickman and yet he disappoints me. Let this horrible mutant stage end now

And spanish words?????????? The cotv are to the latin culture. Very bad issue.

Hickman 👎👎👎👎👎

Mighty Member

This issue was quite heavy and confusing. So did the three 'X-Men' died at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's all mean to crossover. Children of the vault is mean to be the next step on human evolution, but build in artificial way, the same way mutants are mean to be the next step for humanity evolution by a natural way
    Of curse eolution isn't only about being stronger, maybe these two gonna fight and erradiate both species and leave humans alone.

It's big dog fight betweet cotv and mutants, to decide who is the next dominant species on earth.

There must be a better way of dealing with this than straight up murder
    That's always been the explanation the comics have gone with, and its bugged the hell out of me after spending a lot of time in school studying evolutionary biology. IRL science would say that if one groups subjugates/destroys another by figuring out how to use tools (in this case, robots and tech) then evolution would favor them. There is no 'natural' way. If one wins by outsmarting the other, that's still evolution.

Obviously its a comic book and comic book mad science and rules. But its still a pet peeve.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    This issue was quite heavy and confusing. So did the three 'X-Men' died at the end?
    Darwin is near unkillable because of Darwins powers, Laura has her healing factor which would make her able to survive most things. Synch survives by copying either one or both. Did they die? Possibly but not likely

So does anyone know why Asrar wasnt credited on the cover? Was that an error on Marvel's part?

Mighty Member

I just felt like this entire issue was a whole lot of nothing. A majority of it was Synch waxing poetic about his powers. We have a gap of like 12 issues between the last time we see this team and it culminates in basically a blink and you miss it brawl and we're left with a totally disingenuous cliff hanger.

The most interesting thing is the QC's justifying murdering the CotV cause otherwise this is story that took 23 pages that coulda been told in 5

This stealth team isn't particularly stealthy. I thought they were going to infiltrate this society and gather intel. Instead they just walked in the front door and murdered everybody.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    I have to praise Asrar here. Not many artists can make Bachalo couture work, but he did it seamlessly and 'realistically' without losing the magic of it. Bravo! Bravo!

I wonder what Synch's explanation about sense memory set up is going to give birth to next issue? Is the trio gonna be ripe with traumas and wounds and all kinda disgusting painful healing?

All in all, too short. And all the best to Mahmud Asrar, the magician.

*fingers crossed to see Luz next issue. I need some rebels-mutant lovers in The City.
    The art is great ,I just have an issue with making Serafina's face pitch black..who got that dumb idea? Since Hickman brought her back she's been drawn like this.She looks horrible and yet we know she looks normal in the original run

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So does anyone know why Asrar wasnt credited on the cover? Was that an error on Marvel's part?
    I thought Leinil did the cover, that is signature Yu

My hunch is they survived but got mind wiped somehow or did not learn to parse memories due to how time works there ,so evidently they're back to square one.Just a guess, because no way in hell do CoV stop being a MAJOR threat just coz of these 3. It can't be that easy ,I don't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    If mutants and cotv unites, humanity is relaly screwed. But I think how they are strutured make it impossible for a union. Mutants think they are superior and deserves to inherit the earth, same for Cotv
    I can only think of a brief truce,say if they unite against a galactic threat, but no I love the CoV as long term competitors and villains, hopefully they stay as sworn enemies, we don't have enough good villains anyway and CoV are the best by a longshot, they just have to be written well.Hope Hickman doesn't screw this up

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The shallow explanation is that Hickman is just repeating the same plot he did with the Maker and his Children of Tomorrow with the CotV and chalking up his lack or originality to some kind of 'both universes are the same'. Except the Children of the Vault have never backed up their claims to superiority and have gotten trounced in every encounter they've been in, all while lacking anything like original and extreme powers. Most are indistinguishable from your everyday mutant or Inhuman.

Funny, I heard that Hickman based his Children of Tomorrow off of the Children of the Vault, and was trying to do something with the wasted concept of the CotV. So now having the CotV crib from his CoT feels like some weird writing incest paradox.
    Wtf , Serafina almost fucked up the entire mansion by letting Aurora and Northstar loose and then infiltrated the mansion herself.I bet that was because Carey was introducing them,but they are freaking powerful, they wiped the floor with the X-Men when they came for Luz, if their vault can upgrade them then definitely they have omegas among them as well.I just think this issue tried to make them appear weak and less strategic than they usually are.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't know who that is, but it sure wasn't Laura. Her personality, attitude, morals, etc. It was literally like reading Logan with ****.

The "Force Sanction" in the Data Page was a lazy handwave, (the fact we had to read it in an out-of-story text page just makes it worse) and considering their primary mission was supposed to be clandestine information gathering they really blew it big time. You have one of the X-Men's best covert agents, and they essentially blindly walked in the front door? Stupid, stupid, STUPID, and not worth waiting for a year with her off the board.
    I noticed that too. If the team was there for Intel only, why did Laura come out claws first, killing everything in sight?

Cliffhangers are confusing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    I noticed that too. If the team was there for Intel only, why did Laura come out claws first, killing everything in sight?
    Laura and Logan have 'adamantium itch' or a 'stab first ask questions later' gene

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    By walking through the front door...i mean really? They had to have known that such a secretive group would have security measure right at the very moment they enter the city and then do so anyway. Like there was no common sense at all. And what intel did they really gain? Nothing, they learned nothing at all.
    Where are the other entrances to the vault, then? They knew from the start that it was a high risk mission and that they probably had intense security measures, which is why they sent the only three mutants who could probably survive the enviroment. Cyclops himself admits he might have fucked up back in issue 5, because the entire mission was a big gamble. And how do you know they learned nothing when this isn't the end of the arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    By the way read the last issue of xmen,this was horrible.
    Carey would be so disappointed that they thus use to his creations.

The cotv went from being imposing to complete failures.
    What a shame as hickman has no idea of ​​the characters he writes.

And Luz???? I guess what she is????? Or is aguja lol. Since when is she bad and does she hate mutants? Wtf. Horrible this isssue.

I never expect anything from hickman and yet he disappoints me. Let this horrible mutant stage end now

And spanish words?????????? The cotv are to the latin culture. Very bad issue.

Hickman 👎👎👎👎👎
    Aguja was in the very first incarnation of the Children of the Vault, if you remember that arc...

Love Carey's work, but most of the times he had the CotV speak spanish it was terrible, awkward sounding and badly translated. It was a much better decision on Hickman's part to avoid all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    They were there for intel, got caught immediately because of the security systems, and had to respond because the City sent the CotV to wipe them up

Spectacular Member

il only agree that they probably should have had 1 member of the team that's good at extracting info/sneaking around as well as having great survivability/lifespan(if there's a mutant like that around anyway), but there're people here really arguing that they should have tried to talk it out and be more conscious of life sanctity in this situation? if they wasted time doing that and held back, there's a good chance they could have been captured or eliminated.

remember that these 3 only have themselves around, there's no backup or anything that could get them out of a sticky situation they get in and they have no idea what to expect in the world. also its not like they went in guns blazing at first, the other party retaliated with lethal force first, the 3 not taking care of them immediately gives a chance for them to regroup or call in for reinforcements. this is a serious mission, while yeah sure laura has developed along the years to be more conscious and treasure life, im also sure she knows that there are times and situations where she can't show mercy for the sake of the mission.

oh and also this is all from synch's perspective and a large part of the narration talks about the nature of what people remember can change due to their feelings on it, so its possible that we get an issue with laura's perspective on the scene and she thinks about all that you guys are complaining about but still does what her job asks of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Laura and Logan have 'adamantium itch' or a 'stab first ask questions later' gene
    Gotta disagree here. Especially over the past couple of years Laura has very actively moved away from this mentality. She’ll still cut a b*tch but she’s not jumping up and down to kill people.