Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Pretty solid issue. Asrar did a great job and delivered throughout the whole issue. Next issue will probably be the trio making their way through continuous improved versions of the Children of the Vault.
    That would make sense. And be quite cool IMO.

Fun issue.
    >I'm usually not a fan of Asrar's current style but it was enjoyable here.
    >ForgetMeNot and Cipher and Synch might have been a better recon team, though. :P
    >Where is Synch's beautiful rainbow aura?!?! I've waited decades to see it again... and I just get some boring colours here and there!
    >Someone's got a crush on Lauraverine. I'm still rooting for a throuple.
    >I never cared for the CotV but they fit in the humans+tech=evil paradigm and I don't care if they get destroyed after this arc.
    >Darwin creating a bubble of water around his head when faced with a pyromancer was funny. How was he able to grow sensors to scan the City? I thought his powers were passive. Well, I suppose scanning the city for life signs was vital to his continued survival.
    >Synching non-mutants? What an eXcellent progression!

Favourite panels...
    x1.jpg
    x2.jpg
    x3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Fun issue.
    >I'm usually not a fan of Asrar's current style but it was enjoyable here.
    >ForgetMeNot and Cipher and Synch might have been a better recon team, though. :P
    >Where is Synch's beautiful rainbow aura?!?! I've waited decades to see it again... and I just get some boring colours here and there!
    >Someone's got a crush on Lauraverine. I'm still rooting for a throuple.
    >I never cared for the CotV but they fit in the humans+tech=evil paradigm and I don't care if they get destroyed after this arc.
    >Darwin creating a bubble of water around his head when faced with a pyromancer was funny. How was he able to grow sensors to scan the City? I thought his powers were passive. Well, I suppose scanning the city for life signs was vital to his continued survival.
    >Synching non-mutants? What an eXcellent progression!

Favourite panels...
    x1.jpg
    x2.jpg
    x3.jpg
    I'm pretty sure the bubble around Darwin's head was from Sangre's powers, and Darwin grew gills in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I'm pretty sure the bubble around Darwin's head was from Sangre's powers, and Darwin grew gills in response.
    His neck in the second panel with the water globe does look a bit Abe Sapien... but I would never have noticed unless you pointed it out. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

You know on second read it seems like Synch and Laura's powers were more attracted to each other than we were suppose to think they were. For instance he showed interest when he saw her pop her claws and later on she smiled when she saw he could absorb more than just mutant powers. It does kind of make sense in this era of collaborative power usage certain powers may attract one to another.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Decent issue, definitely walked away a little disappointed for no reason other than the real world length of time they were gone. That said, ANY issue with Everette as the POV is worth the price of admission.

However that wasn't the most fascinating take away for me, this issue confirmed a few things and poised a few questions. Firstly, the City created by the Maker of the Ultimate Universe, exists within the City of the COTV. Moreover the central intelligence which directs the COTV is oddly similar in appearance to The Dome created also by the Maker. I must also mention that the Maker's Children of Tomorrow are incredibly similar to the overall concept of the COTV whose goal is to replace humans and mutants, they also exist within their City for thousand of years IIRC.

The City in the COTV's vault:

The Maker's City

Which is now reigniting my suspicions about Xavier which some totally write off, but while we don't have any concrete evidence, we at least know Hickman intends to use concepts created by the Maker in X-books.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 02-24-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Bleeding Cool also had an article on this not sure if it was posted here.

The Maker's Dome

COTV's Central Intelligence

Astonishing Member

We have known this since PoX/HoX when Hickman said he liked the Carey run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You know on second read it seems like Synch and Laura's powers were more attracted to each other than we were suppose to think they were. For instance he showed interest when he saw her pop her claws and later on she smiled when she saw he could absorb more than just mutant powers. It does kind of make sense in this era of collaborative power usage certain powers may attract one to another.
    Maybe this is a hint towards a Mutant Instrumentality Project at the hands of Xavier, using the informations he extracted from Moira's memories, in order to unite everyone into a super gestalt of eternal understanding. So any self doubting mutant can end up surrounded by their friends clapping happily for them.
    But who among the X-men would be depressed and self doubting enough to reject it while using a giant bio-mech?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Decent issue, definitely walked away a little disappointed for no reason other than the real world length of time they were gone. That said, ANY issue with Everette as the POV is worth the price of admission.

However that wasn't the most fascinating take away for me, this issue confirmed a few things and poised a few questions. Firstly, the City created by the Maker of the Ultimate Universe, exists within the City of the COTV. Moreover the central intelligence which directs the COTV is oddly similar in appearance to The Dome created also by the Maker. I must also mention that the Maker's Children of Tomorrow are incredibly similar to the overall concept of the COTV whose goal is to replace humans and mutants, they also exist within their City for thousand of years IIRC.

The Maker's City

Which is now reigniting my suspicions about Xavier which some totally write off, but while we don't have any concrete evidence, we at least know Hickman intends to use concepts created by the Maker in X-books.
    I think what Hickman may be alluding to is that no matter what the future will always give way to a AI style "City" similar to how no matter what AI will run amok and kill mutants.

It would be weird if The Maker was behind it all, but who knows

I think so too. He’s playing around with the multiverse here IMO, and showing that there are alternate realities that also have their versions of this. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

The Maker's City

Very intriguing Dome connection.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I really enjoyed this issue! Great to see the focus on Synch, great to see these characters after so long. I saw someone mentioned that they were bummed the CotV lost their Latin vibe, I also miss that. I loved that the issue was from Synch’s perspective and I’m keen for next week to see what comes next.

I don’t get to these review threads as quick as y’all because I don’t read my comics till I’m off work, prefer to take my time reading them, turns out this one didn’t take much time at all!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-24-2021 at 06:17 PM.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The shallow explanation is that Hickman is just repeating the same plot he did with the Maker and his Children of Tomorrow with the CotV and chalking up his lack or originality to some kind of 'both universes are the same'. Except the Children of the Vault have never backed up their claims to superiority and have gotten trounced in every encounter they've been in, all while lacking anything like original and extreme powers. Most are indistinguishable from your everyday mutant or Inhuman.

Funny, I heard that Hickman based his Children of Tomorrow off of the Children of the Vault, and was trying to do something with the wasted concept of the CotV. So now having the CotV crib from his CoT feels like some weird writing incest paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think what Hickman may be alluding to is that no matter what the future will always give way to a AI style "City" similar to how no matter what AI will run amok and kill mutants.

It would be weird if The Maker was behind it all, but who knows
    Definitely would be in line with his previous works and some of the themes he's playing around with in X-men. I'm intrigued to see where this goes, and while it might be a coincidence that the Maker and Xavier just to happen to look alike. But the idea that the City he used in the Ultimate Universe just so happens to exist in the main universe and just so happen to exist in the COTV's vault, or the Children of Tomorrow and the COTV just so happen to have similar concepts or even the Dome and Central Intelligence just so happen to have similar appearances are one too many simple coincidences for me.

But again I'll wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    We have known this since PoX/HoX when Hickman said he liked the Carey run.
    But nothing was concrete it was mere conjecture, and up until X-men #5 and #18 we had no idea how he would use the COTV and we certainly didn't know if he would potentially connect them to other concepts he used in different universes.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 02-24-2021 at 06:37 PM.