Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Avengers: The Phoenix Doubles Down on Its Real Connection to Thor

Last edited by Micabe; 03-12-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Poor Cosmic Entity.

It did nothing to deserve this. Aaron should never be allowed to touch her again. From AvX to now, every storyline has been an abomination.

BANNED

The Phoenix DOES have a connection to Thor. Jean became Phoenix so that there was a female hero on Thor's level. That's been stated by the creators.

Unfortunately, due to frankly quite tiresome SEXISM and fragile masculinity from the X-office in regards to Jean Grey and her role as a particular character's love interest, the Phoenix has been discarded from the X-Men and now belongs to the mythology of the very male it was created to counter.

Great job, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I long for the days when comics were actually worth more than the paper they were printed on, my respect for the artists and editors that worked at marvel has more than doubled in recent times, they built a comic mythology that made so many all over the world fall in love with the world of super heroes, to see it all pillaged and turned into the bad case of glorified fan fiction we are now getting ......it's just sad.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm praying this is really Gaea being impowered by the Phoenix Force. Please let that be the story...please., please...
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-12-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

This is literally so freaking stupid, like unnecessarily stupid!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Frankly, the Phoenix possibly being Thor's mother troubles me less than the new host being Echo, Red Widow, Shanna or whoever's left in the running. I think the X-Men office should be more proprietary with their concepts and characters.

You see how Brevoort and Slott were quick to sever all of Franklin's connections to the X-books in the space of a couple of pages, whereas the X-office had the Phoenix Force stolen, had to delay their plans for Storm by a year because Coates was writing her in Black Panther... talk about brand mismanagement.

As far I'm concerned, the Avengers should just leave the Phoenix Force alone. Just leave it to the X-Writers.

It's not Wolverine
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    , had to delay their plans for Storm by a year because Coates was writing her in Black Panther
    I super duper doubt this is true. They just didn't have plans. Coates isn't even a top dog like that for his work to supersede another office's.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-12-2021 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I super duper doubt this is true. They just didn't have plans. Coates isn't even a top dog like that for his work to supercede another office's.
    That's what Duggan and Hickman have said though.

The Phoenix DOES have a connection to Thor. Jean became Phoenix so that there was a female hero on Thor's level. That's been stated by the creators.
    Great job, Marvel.
    Quoted for Truth.

My own personal take is that I still see Jean as Phoenix with all the raw power she had back then but with a whole lot more control and skill these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I long for the days when comics were actually worth more than the paper they were printed on, they built a comic mythology that made so many all over the world fall in love with the world of super heroes, to see it all pillaged and turned into the bad case of glorified fan fiction we are now getting ......it's just sad.
    I agree. The stories are not really worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm praying this is really Gaea being impowered by the Phoenix Force. Please let that be the story...please., please...
    Aha! What a great idea. You may have just found the secret behind the secret. I would be okay with this outcome.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

That poor abused bird

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This is why you tell some writers "No".
    "Cable was right!"

Unfortunately, due to frankly quite tiresome SEXISM and fragile masculinity from the X-office in regards to Jean Grey and her role as a particular character's love interest, the Phoenix has been discarded from the X-Men and now belongs to the mythology of the very male it was created to counter.

Great job, Marvel.
    Seems like someone heard it and distorted the information. it is funny that on MCU female chaarcters are easiy allowe to be strong as Thor.

Phoenix being Thor's mom is a bad fanfic