Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    If the dead 5 of the conquistador apart from Serafina( or now including her) were resurrected by the city for this issue, can any of the children be really killed?
    I think the City can resurrect the Children of the Vault as a direct parallel to the mutant resurrections using the Five. It seems like the the Vault and Krakoa are engaged in a superhuman arms race trying to outdo each other. We see that the mutant resurrections results in upgrades to mutant powers and in the first issue, Serafina was upgraded by the City.

Also I don't comprehend how the City operates, if Aguja can detonate it to smitherines.Is it a projection or an actual material construct?I'm guessing it's sort of like the matrix that can reboot and reconstitute itself coz all those 3000 children nuked seems unlikely.
    The Vault is probably a tesseract where the interior space is larger than the exterior space.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-24-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Loved seeing Laura again and I’m just glad that she’ll be available for future stories once she’s out. Also Synch was fantastic in this issue and I’d be down to see them as a couple.

This felt so short with no resolution.. The hell?

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

I've been waiting so long for this plot to get picked backed up. I loved every second Everett was on the page. Please Marvel don't put Synch with Laura, he deserves better in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I get that, hell if she's under the impression the vault could hurt gabby she'd acting in character but I just expect more. Alot of characters have history that should give them serious doubts with how Krakoa runs things and should be questioning their decisions. I mean there there to get information to destroy the vault society. You'd think one then would notice the mutantsare treat the vault as humans treated the mutant and wonder if destroying them all is really the right thing ? Would it be the same as humans justifying killing the mutants. The evolution threatening their dominance is the same justification orcrus is using. We could get so much more from this, but insted we get a survive arc for now.
    You're wrong, mutants are pretty clearly not treating the Vault like humans treat them- their mission was to get information, not commit genocide. Meanwhile, the Vault's plan is to exterminate all mutants and subjugate the external world.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I do not understand the criticism of the fact that they have been caught.

There is only one door to enter The Vault, it is evident that you cannot infiltrate as a spy, you have to do it like Rambo.
    People will always find a way to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There still a 2nd part, but this felt so decompressed

This felt like a whole lot of nothing despite all the buildup and wait. They infiltrate for their alleged information finding mission, take the most obvious way in without even really trying to be stealthy. Then they immediately kill most of the Children in an action scene after what appears to be minutes after arriving. Its very basic and shallow. If they were going to end up going guns blazing why not just assault the city in the first place? There had to have been other ways in outside the front door. Blow up or phase through the dome or something.

After all this time I had expected something with more depth or for a threat that felt like more than a garden variety group.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The next issue continues with The Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Loved seeing Laura again and I’m just glad that she’ll be available for future stories once she’s out. Also Synch was fantastic in this issue and I’d be down to see them as a couple.
    A romance with Laura would be wrong, she is on the same that Monet

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    It wasn't left to languish - in the X-Office's original plans the Hellfire Gala, which is happening in June, would've happened in December 2020, and the vault storyline would've been published months ago. The COVID delays and X of Swords being extended changed everything
    Do we know if there were other plans for Laura and co that were interrupted in favor of this anyway? Would they have been doing anything else if they weren't being used for the Vault arc?

And yeah, one of the reasons this was drawn out even longer (COVID) was kind of out of Marvel's hands. Plus when this is all available in trade and meant to be read that way, it won't be languishing for that long. Decompressed monthly comics are an absolute pain, but it's the norm now unfortunately and it's moot when you're reading them all collected.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The next issue continues with The Vault.
    The one with the nimrod cover?

Edit: Just found out there is another issue with CoTv.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You don’t think you’re getting a little too granular?? They stepped into a world they know nothing about, and we’re still able to blindside and take down four out of five CotV. Just because it isn’t exactlyas you envision it should happen doesn’t make it bad.This Laura is heaps and bounds ahead of the boring, suburban single mom we saw in Taylor’s ANW or the stabby mcstabber we saw in Disassembled.

This is a case of the writer striking exactly the right balance with Laura as Wolverine.
    Doesn't make it good either.

What your comment really looks like, is a case of someone discounting another's opinion because of their own opinion and then right at the end trying to state their opinion like it's fact...

All in the name and defense of their lord, the almighty Hickman
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 02-24-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Was looking forward to seeing Serafina again, but this was way uncool. May the Children's vengeance be swift and without mercy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This felt like a whole lot of nothing despite all the buildup and wait. They infiltrate for their alleged information finding mission, take the most obvious way in without even really trying to be stealthy. Then they immediately kill most of the Children in an action scene after what appears to be minutes after arriving. Its very basic and shallow. If they were going to end up going guns blazing why not just assault the city in the first place? There had to have been other ways in outside the front door. Blow up or phase through the dome or something.

After all this time I had expected something with more depth or for a threat that felt like more than a garden variety group.
    What is strange is when you juxtapose how Serafina first infiltrated the mansion by proxies and then cloaking herself, yet some of the most powerful mutant trio couldn't do something similar? The art was good ,but the way the children were depicted is weak , but maybe the tables turned in the second issue I don't know.It was a little anticlimactic to be honest, but I know the CoV are not pushovers so I expects some respect to be put to their name eventually

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Was looking forward to seeing Serafina again, but this was way uncool. May the Children's vengeance be swift and without mercy.
    Oh it will be, best believe