Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I'm surprised a place as advanced as the city wouldn't have better countermeasures to instantly subjugate any intruder. Unless that is what really happened and the trio is currently experiencing a simulation so the city can learn more about them. I remember Danger pulling a similar trick on captive Avengers during the AvX story.
    That would be hilarious, imagine the vault simulates this scenario, they think they've beaten the 5 children of the vault on the first day, and flee the vault, even simulating for them the real world and Krakoa yet they are still trapped in a dream stasis while they are being analyzed. Well I wouldn't say it will happen to all of them but it wouldn't surprise me if two of the 3 escape but Darwin is captured this way and 'repurposed'

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Good riddance to those vault dorks.

They over stayed their welcome since their inception.
    I like the CotV as villains, but man Laura ripped them up in this comic! Shows how deadly she can be when she needs to be, which I thought was cool.

Honestly the humans should be thanking Krakoa right now.

I promise those test tube monstrosities had something more sinister in mind than life changing drugs.
    And while I do like the CotV, as mentioned, I like them as villains. So totally agree with this. They are bad folks with bad intentions for mutantkind and the world. So no tears from me seeing them get dealt with... harshly!

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    this issue was lame.

For a follow up to an issue that came out ages ago, it's GOD DAMN LAME
    This post made me LOL due to its sheer INTENSITY! Ha.

Felt like a Trump tweet... I don’t miss those honestly. Kind of feels good to not hear from the President so much... but I digress.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This is too smart and interesting for hickman writing, so probably won't happen
    unfortunately yeah, unlikely but I am certain the conquistador children will be back, besides they are just 5 ,there are still 2995 children 'sleeping'.This is just the first shot in a long war.Plus Laura thinks they did all that on day one, yet Xavier said they'd been there for 3 months plus, so something went wrong, or it could be that one whole day is as long as a minute on earth time, so they have a loong way to go.
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-24-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    unfortunately yeah, unlikely but I am certain the conquistador children will be back, besides they are just 5 ,there are still 2995 children 'sleeping'.This is just the first shot in a long war
    Yes, I'm sure this won't be the end of the vault children

I have to praise Asrar here. Not many artists can make Bachalo couture work, but he did it seamlessly and 'realistically' without losing the magic of it. Bravo! Bravo!

I wonder what Synch's explanation about sense memory set up is going to give birth to next issue? Is the trio gonna be ripe with traumas and wounds and all kinda disgusting painful healing?

All in all, too short. And all the best to Mahmud Asrar, the magician.

*fingers crossed to see Luz next issue. I need some rebels-mutant lovers in The City.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Laura is 21, she isn't a teenager anymore
    Oh tru. Honestly feel like they might retcon that because if New Mutants are supposed to be in their early twenties idk how Laura is 21.

Couldn't Synch already copy non mutant powers O_o I thought that was one of the main reasons why he would die and not be used

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Oh tru. Honestly feel like they might retcon that because if New Mutants are supposed to be in their early twenties idk how Laura is 21.
    Laura is probably older than Synch at this point. He’s about 19, she’s 21. I think Monet is likely 24-25 now but hard to tell, she’s always been written older acting.

BANNED

JDW expects us to believe that even the O5 are still in their late-20s, with Beast maybe 30-something.

The time scale has just gotten absurd at this point.

That would retcon her solo where she takes care of Gabby

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I imagine next issue Laura will be the narrator.
    I had the same feeling actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So they basicly "jobbed" out the Children of the Vault, or at least the main team that got introduced back in Carey's run?
    Kind of emblematic for the entire current status quo, weak new villains and jobbed out old ones. All while classic mutant villains are mainly sidelined as new "allies". Not that i was a particular fan of the COTV the first time they appeared, but it still feels kind of anti-climatic.

Though perhaps next time the story goes back to the Vault team, it turns out that the COTV can just print out their fallen back to life aswell, meaning the encounter from this issue is going to repeat itself over and over through their stay in the Vault.
    The Vault's gonna keep churning them out and our dream 3-team supreme will have to fight them for 500+ years condensed in the next issue let's gooooo!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    JDW expects us to believe that even the O5 are still in their late-20s, with Beast maybe 30-something.

The time scale has just gotten absurd at this point.
    Considering Warren, Jean and Scott were all killed and resurrected in Hickman's first story, they pretty much are

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Considering Warren, Jean and Scott were all killed and resurrected in Hickman's first story, they pretty much are
    Maybe in body but not in mind. There is a difference now

They are probably alla using the bodies of their prime selves but Scotts mind is def at least thirties by now, same with the rest of em. I dont believe Beast has even died yet.

Anyways I enjoyed this issue. It's a quick read but it was fun and interesting. This power upgrade thing has a lot of potential. Though considering this is an extraction and intelligence mission primarily you'd think they would've sent a teleporter in.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Anyways I enjoyed this issue. It's a quick read but it was fun and interesting. This power upgrade thing has a lot of potential. Though considering this is an extraction and intelligence mission primarily you'd think they would've sent a teleporter in.
    The teleporter probably would have been killed by the environment.

BANNED

Pretty solid issue. Asrar did a great job and delivered throughout the whole issue. Next issue will probably be the trio making their way through continuous improved versions of the Children of the Vault.