Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No you dont get it.

Rahne makes a request to have him resurrected and is denied and told she needs proof that he is dead. She can vouch for the fact taht he is dead including most of the X-men in Rosenberg's run. There was no mystery and therefore no need to verify his death. Its only after XFactor investigated did they find out that he was backed up in Cerebro and Im guessing they had to go to Xavier for that
    Oh I totally see what you mean! I have a slight feeling the Five tell people that because they’re super backed up and busy as hell but that’s just my headcanon.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    He could be in the asgardian version of hell, which would explain why he's alive but not really?
    This is probably why they needed proof of death, when Asgardians die they generally just get moved to the realm of Hel, and enough people have escaped from there that it might as well have a revolving door. Hrimhari and Tier were allowed to leave Hel during War of the Realms and at the end of that event they willingly returned to uphold a deal with Enchantress. But their physically bodies were fine and they were spiritually and mentally whole, they were just in a realm of the dead, so to me that doesn't really count as perma-dead.

Vita is damn good and the art is freaking stunning. I mean that's really all that matters. I don't really care about any of the characters in this book if i'm honest but this book is in my top three. It's so rough, yet so gentle and loving at the same time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In the last issue, Rahne went crying to Dani bc they told her she needed to get proof that he was dead
    maybe that's why they asked for proof lol, bc they had backups from him

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Vita is damn good and the art is freaking stunning. I mean that's really all that matters. I don't really care about any of the characters in this book if i'm honest but this book is in my top three. It's so rough, yet so gentle and loving at the same time.
    And delivers the perfect emotional punch just where it's needed.

Still loving how close this book is playing with X-Factor and Excalibur. It makes Krakoa feel more closely knit, when there are ripple effects and cross-title acknowledgements of events in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And delivers the perfect emotional punch just where it's needed.

Still loving how close this book is playing with X-Factor and Excalibur. It makes Krakoa feel more closely knit, when there are ripple effects and cross-title acknowledgements of events in other books.
    They really do. Vita New Mutants really makes me feel like my heart is growing two times bigger when i read it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I still think Farouk is not a truly bad guy here.

He let go of Gabby which means he doesn't care if any adult mutant or x-men hears about what they're doing.

Of course bad things must happen again next time he plays his game, or experiment, with kids. And I wonder if he's implying the Five or SWORD teleporting teamwork here.

01DE67B5-05D7-4D4B-A68C-18EFF1A1858C.jpg
    Last edited by WildR; 02-24-2021 at 05:12 PM.

I love to see New Mutants, X-Factor and Excalibur connect with each other.

Then, though we know timelines of each book are not technically synchronous, Vita pointed out Rictor "had a lot on his hands HERE". It might indicate that Rictor's magic stuff is a serious deal in x-franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Karma brings up Tran during the horseback-riding scene. So she does remember him?
    I don't think either of them do, which is interesting. Also interesting is that the white rabbit they follow is dressed just like Tran in her vision in the first issue...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So Cerebro is kinda sorta picking up Tier?

Who wants to bet that it's Val, Rahne's alternate reality daughter?
    If it is Val I hope we finally get an explaination for why she hates her mother, especially since unlike with 616 Rahne and 616 Teir, alternate Rhane actually raised her kid.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Mighty Member

What I liked about this issue:

• Dani and Karma teaming up to become close buddies. I don't remember them being so close except during Rosenberg's New Mutants/X-Men team-up run.
    • Tier is not dead and will soon be reunited with Rahne.
    • Return of Doug and I hope he and Magik team-up more often.

My wishes for the future

• Magma should join the team
    • We need another male member in the team . Warpath don't seem to be active after the first issue.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-24-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    What I liked about this issue:

• Dani and Karma teaming up to become close buddies. I don't remember them being so close except during Rosenberg's New Mutants/X-Men team-up run.
    • Tier is not dead and will soon be reunited with Rahne.
    • Return of Doug and I hope he and Magik team-up more often.

My wishes for the future

• Magma should join the team
    • We need another male member in the team . Warpath don't seem to be active after the first issue.
    I am seeing Legion coming back and joining... Anyone notice the anole casmer scene where the pretty boy anole created ended up with legions hawk. Also did an upcoming solicitation of one of the books, can't remember which one mention a mystery about a wolf mutant?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    This book always feels like it's 2 or 3 times longer than it actually is.

And that's a good thing.

Also Vita's done more with Otherworld in one issue than Tini has in the entire Excalibur run.
    Hahaha and it is just 6-8 pages only.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    This book always feels like it's 2 or 3 times longer than it actually is.

And that's a good thing.
    100% agreed. It's something I've noticed with X-Factor too, and I appreciate it. Those two books really make me feel like I'm getting bang for my buck, to the point where it feels worthwhile to pick up the singles instead of trade wait.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I am seeing Legion coming back and joining... Anyone notice the anole casmer scene where the pretty boy anole created ended up with legions hawk. Also did an upcoming solicitation of one of the books, can't remember which one mention a mystery about a wolf mutant?
    It would be great if Legion could join the New Mutants.

I'm not keen on the 'newer' mutants and they should be in another X-title instead. One or two 'newer' mutants as guest-stars is alright but not a whole bunch of them appearing often.