Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member

liked them making use of Otherworld realms finally, hope other books touch on them too since Excalibur is taking quite a while to deal with them as well as the writing leaves much to be desired at times.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Another excellent 10/10 and 5 stars issue. The writing, the pacing, emotional beats, the art...everything clicks so beauty-fully.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Vita was a much-needed shot in the arm for this book. They've given it purpose, style, nice character moments and lots of mysteries to keep us guessing.

I'm loving the use of Otherworld here - as other posters already mentioned, a few pages here are already more interesting than anything Tini Howard has been doing over in Excalibur.

Love the original New Mutants acting like themselves and supporting each other.

Love the multiple sub-plots and I'm especially intrigued by what the Shadow King is up to.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't once again praise Rod Reis' contribution to all of the above, which might not work as well if it wasn't for his amazing art. Also love how he channeled Sienkiewicz in the Dani/Shan double-page, truly awe-inspiring.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Vita was a much-needed shot in the arm for this book. They've given it purpose, style, nice character moments and lots of mysteries to keep us guessing.

I'm loving the use of Otherworld here - as other posters already mentioned, a few pages here are already more interesting than anything Tini Howard has been doing over in Excalibur.

Love the original New Mutants acting like themselves and supporting each other.

Love the multiple sub-plots and I'm especially intrigued by what the Shadow King is up to.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't once again praise Rod Reis' contribution to all of the above, which might not work as well if it wasn't for his amazing art. Also love how he channeled Sienkiewicz in the Dani/Shan double-page, truly awe-inspiring.
    Yeah. Reminded me of the art in the Illustrated SF/Fantasy mags Marvel and others published in the 80's/90's rather the stuff you see in comics nowdays.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 02-25-2021 at 09:01 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Read this after X-Men. The dialogue was WAY better. Everyone in X-Men sounds like they have a Helicarrier up their butt.

This book needs some more fisticuffs but it's not boring. Thank God.

9.5/10. Man, the layout for the Dani/Xian page was confusing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Read this after X-Men. The dialogue was WAY better. Everyone in X-Men sounds like they have a Helicarrier up their butt.

This book needs some more fisticuffs but it's not boring. Thank God.

9.5/10. Man, the layout for the Dani/Xian page was confusing.
    Not really. Follow the dialogue, not the artwork. As for the fisticuffs bit, not really. There are some people you just *DON'T* throw a punch at.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 02-25-2021 at 11:19 PM.

This book has been incredible since Vita took over.
    What a difference a good writer and a consistent direction can make.
    Plus Reis is absolutely killing it. Love the Sienkieczs vibe. It truly feels like the next step for the characters while still paying tribute to the team's best run.