Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The whole thing with Josh the horn-boy surprises me. I didn't expect them to introduce an entirely new character to have a subplot three issues in. If he was scared, why didn't he run away like the other 2 and why did he ask Jaimie for stuff so he could go around Otherworld buying and selling merchandise. This is the weakest part of the issue to me. Because I don't know him from Adam and haven't any idea what his motivation is, I have no reason to care about him. If it was Fauna running away from the bullies, or Cosmar or Gabbay running away because they feel the others don't care about their plights I'd be more invested. But riding a raptor is not enough to endear Josh to me.
    It’s almost as if this is the first issue of an arc, and we’ll learn more about him in the next few issues where his plot is spotlighted.

Ultimate Member

So Cerebro is kinda sorta picking up Tier?

Who wants to bet that it's Val, Rahne's alternate reality daughter?

Why is there any doubt that Tier is even dead? Rahne saw him die in X-Factor and in Rosenberg's run, she was reunited with him but he returned to the Realm of the Dead. There are several Xmen that would have been able to vouch for that. Heck Dani being a Valkyrie of the Dead, should

Unfortunately Vita Ayala has fallen into the old mutant trap of "filling the comic with too many characters."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is there any doubt that Tier is even dead? Rahne saw him die in X-Factor and in Rosenberg's run, she was reunited with him but he returned to the Realm of the Dead. There are several Xmen that would have been able to vouch for that. Heck Dani being a Valkyrie of the Dead, should
    There are two possibilities: Tier has revived and for some reason does not want to contact his mother

Or someone is posing as Tier's psionic signal.

Extraordinary Member

'No New Mutants March' is gonna be difficult. They could have at least moved the April issue up to earlier in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Unfortunately Vita Ayala has fallen into the old mutant trap of "filling the comic with too many characters."

There are two possibilities: Tier has revived and for some reason does not want to contact his mother

Or someone is posing as Tier's psionic signal.
    That explains the Cerebro signal revealed in this issue, but it doesnt explain why they even felt the need to do some investigating in the first place. I dont feel like his fate was left open like some other dubious mutants that were brought back

Extraordinary Member

That explains the Cerebro signal revealed in this issue, but it doesnt explain why they even felt the need to do some investigating in the first place. I dont feel like his fate was left open like some other dubious mutants that were brought back
    Most likely it's a political thing related to him being half-Asgardian like how there's a policy about not bringing back clones and no one wants to tell that to Rahne.

Isn’t that why it’s a mystery? Because he shouldn’t be alive but he somehow is.

Also, this issue was just so solid. You feel the love between these characters and it has been able to strike that perfect balance between being character and plot driven.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    ehhhhh

I don't agree. The main players are very much still the new Mutants and Gabby. Just cause they're dealing with issues with other mutants doesn't mean the Narrative isn't solely focused on the New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Isn’t that why it’s a mystery? Because he shouldn’t be alive but he somehow is.

Also, this issue was just so solid. You feel the love between these characters and it has been able to strike that perfect balance between being character and plot driven.
    No you dont get it.

Rahne makes a request to have him resurrected and is denied and told she needs proof that he is dead. She can vouch for the fact taht he is dead including most of the X-men in Rosenberg's run. There was no mystery and therefore no need to verify his death. Its only after XFactor investigated did they find out that he was backed up in Cerebro and Im guessing they had to go to Xavier for that

Mighty Member

No you dont get it.

Rahne makes a request to have him resurrected and is denied and told she needs proof that he is dead. She can vouch for the fact taht he is dead including most of the X-men in Rosenberg's run. There was no mystery and therefore no need to verify his death. Its only after XFactor investigated did they find out that he was backed up in Cerebro and Im guessing they had to go to Xavier for that
    The mystery is the logistics of it/what might tier's actual status be. Not the verification that Tier is dead.

Cause I'm pretty sure they make it incredibly clear that he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    The mystery is the logistics of it/what might tier's actual status be. Not the verification that Tier is dead.

Cause I'm pretty sure they make it incredibly clear that he's dead.
    In the last issue, Rahne went crying to Dani bc they told her she needed to get proof that he was dead

He could be in the asgardian version of hell, which would explain why he's alive but not really? Considering Cerebro now reaches all the way to Otherworld and interdimensionally (Amenth), it wouldn't be a big stretch for it to be able to back-up a person who's living in a separate dimension of 616

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    He could be in the asgardian version of hell, which would explain why he's alive but not really? Considering Cerebro now reaches all the way to Otherworld and interdimensionally (Amenth), it wouldn't be a big stretch for it to be able to back-up a person who's living in a separate dimension of 616
    Cerebro does not back up mutants in other dimensions. There are no backups of mutants from Otherworld and Amenth, the reason they get corrupted or change when someone dies there is because of magic and because there is a connection in the soul. If Tier is giving a signal, it is because he is on Earth.

Extraordinary Member

Like I said, I believe the demand for 'proof' of Tier's death was cover for the real reason they don't want to bring him back, not because they actually wanted or needed proof.