Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I expect this from the usual suspects lol. I also think it's objectively false that people don't give Coates his credit when he actually does something worth a damn. There have been a handful of individual issues that people on this forum have praised.

Black Panther fans have the right to express their displeasure with a writer who's been ruining their favorite character for 5 years and plummeting in sales. No one's complaining when the majority of Avengers fans online are shitting all over Aaron's run. People still dunk on Fallen Angels to this day. But Black Panther fans are somehow uniquely aggressive with their criticisms. Okay. This doesn't need to be a conversation.
    Exactly. Panthers fans haven't created a thread specifically to bash Coates like has happened with other writers. Bendis-hate is well renown on this board and I can look into certain appreciation threads to see similar comments when people feel their faves aren't being done right.

But like you said, BP fans who criticize Coates seem to get the sideways eyes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Can’t be better said
    Co-signed!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If not humiliating, then definitely short sighted. Blue is so far more powerful, and intelligent than Storm. Not to mention Blue Marvel and T'Challa were sci-bros in The Ultimates. To your other point, let's not forget T'Challa is KING, blood and friendship being what they are, all of are still subjects to T'Challa. Yes he has that agency to give orders and they are bound to obey them, that's kind of how it works. KIB BP returned to what was appropriate and the default norm. Redjack gave Wakanda/Black Panther back only man that could save it, and put on full display what has been missing from BP books for a while! Your girl just may be on the cusp of getting some kind of love from X-Men, they need her there anyway.
    Here, here... Agreed!!!

Meanwhile we keep getting X-Men saves Wakanda/BP stories yet BP is not allowed to do the same.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Exactly. Panthers fans haven't created a thread specifically to bash Coates like has happened with other writers. Bendis-hate is well renown on this board and I can look into certain appreciation threads to see similar comments when people feel their faves aren't being done right.

But like you said, BP fans who criticize Coates seem to get the sideways eyes.
    Absolutely....what really hurts is TNC doubling down on all the rubbish fans visciously dislike.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    And Marvel continuity both before and after him has contradicted that. Its not the only thing that Hudlin did that was inaccurate with established continuity.
    Key word

When Hudlin started it was introduced as a Utopian society.
    Introduced does not mean it stayed that way.

In fact Fantastic Force back in the 90s ended that with Vibraxas. Fantastic Force #15-where Wakandans did experiments with Vibrabore that ended up eating Wakandans.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    How can you possibly think it's odd of "forced" for Okoye and Shuri to bow to T'Challa when he is their king? It's not like he demanded that they bow to him in that very moment to assert dominance. They did it out of respect because he is their king and they are his subjects. Sure, T'Challa doesn't treat them cruelly because of that as they are his sister and friend respectively but in a matter of national security and war it's about the chain of command and not about playing nice or appearing friendly. Such a weird thing to complain about.

Also, this issue was just plain boring. More talking and telling, and less doing and showing. This needs to be wrapped up ASAP.
    no what is weird are people complaining that certain characters are not represented in the book when they are. what is weird is people complaining about Storm shining in an issue where she wasn't the focal point. what is weird is how toxic some of these comments are. shuri telling okoye to take her hand off of her and shuri/okoye "obeying" tchalla even amidst a battle is ooc to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have to second this I am not going to say I liked Coates run but the fans here are so posioned against him that he could have been the one wrote the KIB solo that Redjack did and they would have hated it.

On the bright the next writer has super low bar and just about anything they do will be meet with praise for awhile
    agreed. its clear that Coates could have him defeat the one above all and some fans would still complain. seriously when people get upset that blue marvel and spectrum are not in the fight even though they are shown in the scans provided in the op the vitriol some have against his writing is on an astronomical level.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    So TNC has just villified the real native African Gods as villains then makes Storm a Wakandan god.

Talking about epic insult to Africans ancestral Gods.

What an epic steampile of cosmic sh*t.
    gods throughout history are not always benevolent. these gods are not "real" either.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-25-2021 at 09:25 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no what is weird are people complaining that certain characters are not represented in the book when they are. what is weird is people complaining about Storm shining in an issue where she wasn't the focal point. what is weird is how toxic some of these comments are. shuri telling okoye to take her hand off of her and shuri/okoye "obeying" tchalla even amidst a battle is ooc to me.
    Shuri is royalty and has that right to say that. Especially in the heat of a battle. Shuri is acting like she is suppose to act. Okoye's feeling don't matter at a time of battle.

Just like Namor, Doom & Aquaman would have the right to say that to whoever their subjects are.

Also the preview pages did not show folks like Monica or Blue Marvel. We saw that in the actual book. So for those who do not have that book-they would not know.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Shuri is royalty and has that right to say that. Especially in the heat of a battle. Shuri is acting like she is suppose to act. Okoye's feeling don't matter at a time of battle.

Just like Namor, Doom & Aquaman would have the right to say that to whoever their subjects are.

Also the preview pages did not show folks like Monica or Blue Marvel. We saw that in the actual book. So for those who do not have that book-they would not know.
    I know she can but it doesn't mean it's in character. The funny thing is she was so offended by her touching her and in a few panels later shuri hands are on Okoye. lol. it simply points to why I thought the interactions between them were cold and rigid

these fans complained about them not being there after the review thread was posted and that particular image showing those heroes was out well before the issue was even released. there was no valid reason to make that complaint.

so let's be clear, fans can complain but its obvious some of these complaints are unfounded and that is when expression of said displeasure becomes invalid. the motive is obviously clear at that point why those respective complaints are made.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-25-2021 at 09:28 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

agreed. its clear that Coates could have him defeat the one above all and some fans would still complain. seriously when people get upset that blue marvel and spectrum are not in the fight even though they are shown in the scans provided in the op the vitriol some have against his writing is on an astronomical level.

gods throughout history are not always benevolent. these gods are not "real" either.
    Lol, okay now knock it off! Don't try to build your whole defense on my misstep. Blue Marvel is there...my bad...I'm big boy enough to own up to that, now extend to me the grace you give to Coates as he continues to shat on so much of what was good about T'Challa and BP! Don't be petty, you're better than that. We debate the content here.

Incredible Member

I didn't see blue Marvel I Saw Monica and the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I didn't see blue Marvel I Saw Monica and the rest
    Final page when everyone is headed to the sky. Hes on the far left middle of the page. Hes wearing his Ultimates outfit.

If Monica and BM can still do there fusion dance, they finish this up in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I expect this from the usual suspects lol. I also think it's objectively false that people don't give Coates his credit when he actually does something worth a damn. There have been a handful of individual issues that people on this forum have praised.

Black Panther fans have the right to express their displeasure with a writer who's been ruining their favorite character for 5 years and plummeting in sales. No one's complaining when the majority of Avengers fans online are shitting all over Aaron's run. People still dunk on Fallen Angels to this day. But Black Panther fans are somehow uniquely aggressive with their criticisms. Okay. This doesn't need to be a conversation.
    This is close to saying give slave masters credit cause they did after all make sure slaves got food and lodging!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Final page when everyone is headed to the sky. Hes on the far left middle of the page. Hes wearing his Ultimates outfit.

If Monica and BM can still do there fusion dance, they finish this up in a few minutes.
    Do they even know they can in this story?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Do they even know they can in this story?

Ewing made her human again in one of those mini events. She still has powers, but no longer an energy being.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Ewing made her human again in one of those mini events. She still has powers, but no longer an energy being.
    The problem is does the writer of Black Panther know and will he use their best abilities or is this going to be everyone gets gets in one good punch and that's it.