Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, okay now knock it off! Don't try to build your whole defense on my misstep. Blue Marvel is there...my bad...I'm big boy enough to own up to that, now extend to me the grace you give to Coates as he continues to shat on so much of what was good about T'Challa and BP! Don't be petty, you're better than that. We debate the content here.
    lol I never called anyone specifically out lol.

coates has not pooped on the Wakandan mythos. through tchalla he restored the memories of an entire wakandan galactic empire that will look to him as a leader. how is that even close to a bad thing?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Final page when everyone is headed to the sky. Hes on the far left middle of the page. Hes wearing his Ultimates outfit.

If Monica and BM can still do there fusion dance, they finish this up in a few minutes.
    how effective would the fusion dance be against the orisha/N'Jadaka with Bast powers though???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how effective would the fusion dance be against the orisha/N'Jadaka with Bast powers though???
    The got the Omega symbol on the palms of their hands when combined. That means it's over for somebody. Lol

But in a BP book, I expect Tchalla to deliver the finishing blow. I would just expect them to destroy the fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The problem is does the writer of Black Panther know and will he use their best abilities or is this going to be everyone gets gets in one good punch and that's it.
    Those types of details would probably be more in the hands of the artist. Acuna hasn't done much splash page worthy action.

The got the Omega symbol on the palms of their hands when combined. That means it's over for somebody. Lol

But in a BP book, I expect Tchalla to deliver the finishing blow. I would just expect them to destroy the fleet.
    I'm kinda expecting tchalla to go head to head with N'Jadaka with tvhalla somehow restoring Bast to her full power again with the Wakandan galactic empire seeing tchalla as their rightful king.

Those types of details would probably be more in the hands of the artist. Acuna hasn't done much splash page worthy action.
    But Coates is the one determining how the fight goes, who gets screen time and how the fight ends.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

no what is weird are people complaining that certain characters are not represented in the book when they are. what is weird is people complaining about Storm shining in an issue where she wasn't the focal point. what is weird is how toxic some of these comments are. shuri telling okoye to take her hand off of her and shuri/okoye "obeying" tchalla even amidst a battle is ooc to me.
    How is out of character for Shuri -- who can be a hothead or at least emotionally immature -- to tell Okoye who was both interrupting her and overstepping her boundaries to unhand her? How is it out of character for Okoye to obey T'Challa when it's literally her duty to do so? This Okoye that is partially based on MCU Okoye and her entire character was being a dutiful traditionalist and loyalist to the king? Again in the moment -- in the heat of battle -- it's authority that matters the most, not friendship or family. Shuri has to obey T'Challa. If she isn't obeying him it's not about his pride or hers but about Wakanda's safety.

I agree Storm didn't do anything in this issue. Well that's my problem: no one did anything. Coates likes prose way too much but it has gotten past the point a long time ago for me when I could tolerate that.

agreed. its clear that Coates could have him defeat the one above all and some fans would still complain. seriously when people get upset that blue marvel and spectrum are not in the fight even though they are shown in the scans provided in the op the vitriol some have against his writing is on an astronomical level.
    Coates will have T'Challa defeat the One Above All by having T'Challa admit some kind of fault of his the OAA has been drumming into his head. Then T'Challa will tell his people to pray to Storm and then she'll save the day, but Storm will act all humble and say it was T'Challa who saved the day because (and she'll say this all poetically) he is good man even though he hasn't been a good king or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have to second this I am not going to say I liked Coates run but the fans here are so posioned against him that he could have been the one wrote the KIB solo that Redjack did and they would have hated it.

On the bright the next writer has super low bar and just about anything they do will be meet with praise for awhile
    Man, I came into this issue just expecting a boring ass typical "speech, generic space battle, teaser at the end" and somehow, it ended up being completely boring, the plot didn't move, AND what ramonda was offering was offensive as hell.

My bar for Coates is on the floor and I just want this over with and he still managed to disappoint me.

Dude got "famous" for his reparations article in The Atlantic... and he offered native american inserts reparations in the form of HONOR lol. Dude was going for "aragorn gets the ghost army" but tried to make it deep by throwing in buzz words.

HE just can't write fiction.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    How is out of character for Shuri -- who can be a hothead or at least emotionally immature -- to tell Okoye who was both interrupting her and overstepping her boundaries to unhand her? How is it out of character for Okoye to obey T'Challa when it's literally her duty to do so? This Okoye that is partially based on MCU Okoye and her entire character was being a dutiful traditionalist and loyalist to the king?
    Even current comic Okoye has always been the most loyal Dora (in contrast to Nakia, the bad one) and her whole character arc right now is that she is the lone dora who didn't break away.

She would obey IMMEDIATELY. It is her job.

Shuri and Okoye were borderline panicking on what to do and T'challa came in... as king and black panther... and focused them and got **** done.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    How is out of character for Shuri -- who can be a hothead or at least emotionally immature -- to tell Okoye who was both interrupting her and overstepping her boundaries to unhand her? How is it out of character for Okoye to obey T'Challa when it's literally her duty to do so? This Okoye that is partially based on MCU Okoye and her entire character was being a dutiful traditionalist and loyalist to the king? Again in the moment -- in the heat of battle -- it's authority that matters the most, not friendship or family. Shuri has to obey T'Challa. If she isn't obeying him it's not about his pride or hers but about Wakanda's safety.

I agree Storm didn't do anything in this issue. Well that's my problem: no one did anything. Coates likes prose way too much but it has gotten past the point a long time ago for me when I could tolerate that.

Coates will have T'Challa defeat the One Above All by having T'Challa admit some kind of fault of his the OAA has been drumming into his head. Then T'Challa will tell his people to pray to Storm and then she'll save the day, but Storm will act all humble and say it was T'Challa who saved the day because (and she'll say this all poetically) he is good man even though he hasn't been a good king or whatever.
    Shuri possesses the wisdom of all the wakandan ancestors. hot-headed and immature she can be yes but this wasn't some random character trying to invade her personal space. this was a friend and fellow warrior who was distraught from the chaos that was plaguing Wakanda. add to it a few panels later shuri was doing the exact same thing okoye but you get upset when it happens to you? it was an odd moment considering their history.

this issue was a setup issue. though I've see people have issue with Coates style, this issue was clearly a setup issue so to expect a lot of stuff to happen is just odd considrng that.

it ultimately was because of T'Challa the victory occurred per your interpretation but fans will still be mad. :/

Plenty, Blue Marvel and Monica were shown to be highly effective fighting and beating powerful supernatural foes in Mighty Avengers!

Shuri possesses the wisdom of all the wakandan ancestors. hot-headed and immature she can be yes but this wasn't some random character trying to invade her personal space. this was a friend and fellow warrior who was distraught from the chaos that was plaguing Wakanda. add to it a few panels later shuri was doing the exact same thing okoye but you get upset when it happens to you? it was an odd moment considering their history.

this issue was a setup issue. though I've see people have issue with Coates style, this issue was clearly a setup issue so to expect a lot of stuff to happen is just odd considrng that.

it ultimately was because of T'Challa the victory occurred per your interpretation but fans will still be mad. :/
    Coming out of an almost year long hiatus with a setup issue? There was more than enough time to give a relaunch that had multiple article hyping it up a bigger splash and have Acuna do all the art. They really just should have started with the battle already happening.

Coming out of an almost year long hiatus with a setup issue? There was more than enough time to give a relaunch that had multiple article hyping it up a bigger splash and have Acuna do all the art. They really just should have started with the battle already happening.
    Also, the preview showed a pre war battle speech. The kind of thing before you start fighting the enemy

Instead, that was in the middle of the issue and then.. .there was no battle lol. It was literally just T'challa giving a random ass speech.

There are now 2? issues left. Why are we still setting up stuff? Two issues has to wrap up this whole storyline... in addition to whatever else he was planning on wrap up from previous stories.

This was not the time for a slow burn set up issue.

that wasn't Coates fault. that was Marvel's. the dye was already cast back when it was supposed to be released in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Plenty, Blue Marvel and Monica were shown to be highly effective fighting and beating powerful supernatural foes in Mighty Avengers!
    I dont think gods can be affected by physical based attacks. only divine energy would be able to hurt them.

however I guess we will see. they may just spectators to the fight.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-25-2021 at 11:51 AM.

that wasn't Coates fault. that was Marvel's. the dye was already cast back when it was supposed to be released in 2020.

I dont think gods can be affected by physical based attacks. only divine energy would be able to hurt them.
    Naw, they were able to combat and defeat a powerful aspect of a primordial dark God Shuman Gorath he was being loosed on the earth by the guy in Thanos crew! That was All Adam and Monica working off his plan.